Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby mark549 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:50 am

mikeykaise wrote:Black bears are herbivores so unless a cub is being threatened they are kind of not aggressive but I still wouldn't get too close.

They are omnivores. But I agree they are not that aggressive unless you annoy them. My encounters have been anticlimatic.

Grizzlies are more aggressive than the average bear, if you're in the northern Rockies.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby TEDodd » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:06 am

cfoxga wrote:I went to buy season passes and the site says they are not for sale. Does anyone know when they will be back?

I don't recall that ever happening.
They just rolled over to next year without a break.

And I thought '19 passes were already being offered. (Back in August there was a presale mentioned in an email)

I've bought in Oct many times.

Just guessing, but i'd expect them to be back up before the 10th when park reopens for Christmas.
(maybe a glitch with the new site updates)

But I'd recommend you call and ask.
Explain you're planning a trip and wanted to buy a pass for it.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Thunderhead01 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:27 am

I was at the park Saturday night and noticed as I was on Thunderhead supports are now up for the new coaster I was unable to get pictures cause it was near closing time and it was dark Lightning Rod was also up and running with two trains

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:57 am

It doesn't seem like Lightning Rod has had any real downtime since it reopened, which is encouraging (and also something that we never should have had to say for a coaster now in its 3rd year of operation).
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:05 pm

^ "Third Time's The Charm"....?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby komasixx » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:36 pm

mikeykaise wrote:Black bears are herbivores so unless a cub is being threatened they are kind of not aggressive but I still wouldn't get too close.

That would be a NO from me.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DWsuperfan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:46 am

I know this has been discussed earlier in the thread and the rumor was even put to rest when someone emailed the park concerning it, however, I am still hearing rumblings that mountain slidewinder is indeed done and being removed. Any thoughts? Or has anyone heard any additional rumors or speculations about it?

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby tinaalsgirl » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 am

So, I had my first ever trip to Dollywood on Halloween, and it was PERFECT. The weather was amazing, crowds were non-existent, and I just couldn't have asked for a better day for a first impression of the park!

We basically walked on to all the rides; we did every coaster except Thunderhead and Blazing Fury. We ate a late lunch at Aunt Granny's, and omg, it was amazing. LumiNights was spectacular, and Wild Eagle and Firechaser Express at night are wonderful! Lightning Rod was our first ride of the day, and OMG, WOW. MINDBLOWING.

The Smoky Mountains are so beautiful, and Pigeon Forge looked like it had a lot of great stuff to do (we did an hour or so at The Christmas Place and I loved it!). We didn't even get to drive through Gatlinburg, so I can only imagine how much more there is to do there as well.

I want to take a two week trip back to that area. I've absolutely fallen in love!

EDIT: Oh, and the artist/calligrapher Victoria Rose at the Christmas Cottage was one of the nicest people I have ever met. My friends and I had a long conversation with her about various art things, and the experience left me with a lasting feeling of awesomeness.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:19 am

DWsuperfan wrote:I know this has been discussed earlier in the thread and the rumor was even put to rest when someone emailed the park concerning it, however, I am still hearing rumblings that mountain slidewinder is indeed done and being removed. Any thoughts? Or has anyone heard any additional rumors or speculations about it?

I think the concern started from the fact that Dollywood removed Mountainside Slidewinder from their website around Labor Day when it was closed for the season due to weather. I just checked the website and they've removed Daredevil Falls and Smoky Mountain River Rampage as well. I guarantee you they aren't removing all three of their water rides at once, so they probably just took them off the website since there's no chance of them opening at Smoky Mountain Christmas.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby DWsuperfan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:12 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:
DWsuperfan wrote:I know this has been discussed earlier in the thread and the rumor was even put to rest when someone emailed the park concerning it, however, I am still hearing rumblings that mountain slidewinder is indeed done and being removed. Any thoughts? Or has anyone heard any additional rumors or speculations about it?

I think the concern started from the fact that Dollywood removed Mountainside Slidewinder from their website around Labor Day when it was closed for the season due to weather. I just checked the website and they've removed Daredevil Falls and Smoky Mountain River Rampage as well. I guarantee you they aren't removing all three of their water rides at once, so they probably just took them off the website since there's no chance of them opening at Smoky Mountain Christmas.

I wasn’t sure, because the rumblings I heard were coming from ride operators in the park. Plus the last couple seasons they’ve only ran the ride from late May to Labor Day which is what silver dollar city did before waterworks was removed. On another note though, the park posted on Facebook that Dolly will be at the park this weekend to kickoff Smoky Mountain Christmas.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!