Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:57 am

They will probably have their Christian Rock Festival sometime this summer but shows during summer have always been limited compared to the rest of the season.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Dollywood Pete » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:50 am

Hey folks,

If you are not on another coaster trip, I want to invite you to sign up for Thrills in the Hills. It is the 10th anniversary of the event and we are doing some special things - one of them is a tour of our off-park rides maintenance facility - in addition to the ERT's and other events. You can go to https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Festivals/ThrillsintheHills

I look forward to seeing you on the park.

Pete

I Love Donkeys!

Postby komasixx » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Dollywood Pete wrote:Hey folks,

If you are not on another coaster trip, I want to invite you to sign up for Thrills in the Hills. It is the 10th anniversary of the event and we are doing some special things - one of them is a tour of our off-park rides maintenance facility - in addition to the ERT's and other events. You can go to https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Festivals/ThrillsintheHills

I look forward to seeing you on the park.

Pete

Looks like I’ll be signing up then.

By any chance are hosts allowed to attend?

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby sdcfan88 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:14 pm

^How would that work with the normal 50% off admission for having a SDC season pass? I too might be interested.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jdprince45 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:40 am

Screamscape updated the work being done on the expansion site . Not a lot to see http://www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm#2019

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby TEDodd » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:40 pm

sdcfan88 wrote:^How would that work with the normal 50% off admission for having a SDC season pass? I too might be interested.
Call to be sure, but expect it'd be full price ($85). The discount for DW pass holders isn't much so I doubt other discounts would apply.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:58 pm

I visited the park this past Friday for the first time in 16 years. I freaking love this place!

I thought Wild Eagle was great and don't understand how a lot of people call it forceless.

Firechaser is just pure fun!

Mystery Mine is a bit rough, but man that coaster is cool lol!

Thunderhead was a bit rough, but had a lot of airtime! I liked it! Although it did feel like that lap bar was trying to rip out my belly button ring lol!

Lighting Rod......OH MY FREAKING GOD! How was that even possible?! Videos do not do this thing justice! It is SO fast and intense! I wish I lived closer to the park simply for Lighting Rod! The only negative thing I have to say is I wish they could fix that pot hole at the bottom of the first drop. That part hurts lol!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby dstephe9 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Hmm, I was there earlier this week and never noticed the pot hole.. it was a lot worse and they smoothed it out.. I guess bc it's not as bad as it used to be, I don't even notice it anymore haha.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:39 am

Glad you enjoyed your visit! A lot has changed huh? Haha
As far as the pothole on LR, I felt it on my first ride back in Nov. of ‘16 but haven’t “felt felt” it since. Although I do know if you ride more towards the back you’ll feel somewhat of a “slam” down when you get to the bottom of the drop. I think it’s like the last 2 or 3 cars you’ll feel it. Simply because you’re floating down the drop on the upstops at high speeds then once you start to crest you touch back down. Unless the track does need smoothing out again in that area. I haven’t gotten down to the park this year yet, fingers crossed this weekend.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:57 am

Isn't there a bridged section of supports at bottom of the drop for some type of maintenance road? If you only feel the "pothole" in the last 2 or 3 cars, I would almost bet that it really isn't a pothole, but more of the track flexing on that bridged section when the train starts to go over it. That's the fastest part of ride with probably some of the stronger positive forces on that ride. So that section probably isn't as strong as it would be if it was supported all the way to the ground.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!