Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby coaster-mm » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Visiting the park next Wednesday during our roadtour across the south. Do you guys give us any chance Lightning Rod will be open? Already visited the park 3 years ago and the main reason we are back is LR so it will be a little disapointing if it will be closed.
Of course we will have a good time( staying @Dreammore, cinnamonbread!) but it will be better when it includes another RMC to ride for us.

Thanks!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:50 pm

It wasn't open the other day. Rumor said it would open last weekend, but I haven't been following it. I was at the park this week though and it was closed the day I was there

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:34 pm

I wouldn’t totally bank on it being open. I mean it could open by then, but I wouldn’t put my money on it. The park is closed Tues/Thurs atm so they’re putting all focus into Luminights and doubling its size. Not sure how much focus is being put into LR right now. It just seems to be sitting there with lights off, and all doors shut. Has been since July 5th.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jdprince45 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:15 am

Heading to Dollywood for week before Christmas. First time in area for the Christmas season. Any tips I need to know? Thank you

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:31 am

Jdprince45 wrote:Heading to Dollywood for week before Christmas. First time in area for the Christmas season. Any tips I need to know? Thank you

Bring warm clothes - we went last year for Smoky Mountain Christmas and it got pretty chilly (we were thankful for the coats.)

Cinnamon bread line gets huge in the evening - just letting you know.

Have fun and definitely try to get to Gatlinburg for the mountain coasters and stuff while you are there.

David

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby BitterOldHag » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:57 am

And whatever you do, don't forget to visit the Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride in Pigeon Forge and Earthquake The Ride in Gatlinburg for two of the most memorable attractions you will ever experience. Both attractions are "Now Open!" and always have a crowd of rather still onlookers outside each establishment (you've probably seen one of the spectators with his creepy toothy grin many times on this site). Both offer visitors state-of-the-art special effects that you have to see to truly believe. Both feature a cohesive storyline and historically accurate scenes, such as wall-leaping werewolves inside the Jurassic Jungle and a giant ape during the Earthquake. And both consistently rank at the bottom of Trip Advisor's "Things To Do" list in their respective cities.

Seriously, if you enjoy a good train wreck and don't mind flushing $15 down the drain for each of the above rides, then do yourself a favor and check them out. They are so bad that they are actually... well... I guess they are just plain bad! ;)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Chiselphane » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:44 am

BitterOldHag wrote:And whatever you do, don't forget to visit the Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride in Pigeon Forge and Earthquake The Ride in Gatlinburg for two of the most memorable attractions you will ever experience. Both attractions are "Now Open!" and always have a crowd of rather still onlookers outside each establishment (you've probably seen one of the spectators with his creepy toothy grin many times on this site). Both offer visitors state-of-the-art special effects that you have to see to truly believe. Both feature a cohesive storyline and historically accurate scenes, such as wall-leaping werewolves inside the Jurassic Jungle and a giant ape during the Earthquake. And both consistently rank at the bottom of Trip Advisor's "Things To Do" list in their respective cities.

Seriously, if you enjoy a good train wreck and don't mind flushing $15 down the drain for each of the above rides, then do yourself a favor and check them out. They are so bad that they are actually... well... I guess they are just plain bad! ;)

Oh wow, I love cheesy terrible stuff like that lol I really need to get over there some time. But it's always a toss up between Gatlinburg and Branson, and SDC always wins out for me.

Elissa + Hangman Fanboy

Postby FlippyTrick09 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Gatlinburg is about as cheesy as it gets, but I just can't get enough. Pigeon Forge has opened some new mountain coasters as well, so be sure to check those out too!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby komasixx » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

On a cool note. Google Maps has updated the area over at Dollywood. Looks like it was taken around March.
Also, interestingly, Google Earth’s 3D map also was updated for the first time since 2013.
They also updated the terrain over Wildwood Grove and the Preferred parking lot to be flat like in real life.
24A95587-2386-473B-AD6A-166FFB0CE126.jpeg
D0DFD79F-05C9-40EC-AD65-50B5C3079BBB.png

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TEDodd » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:47 pm

komasixx wrote:Also, interestingly, Google Earth’s 3D map also was updated for the first time since 2013.

The 3D views of the coasters are nice.

Lots of detail you can't easily see on LR.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!