Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 pm

They have actually been giving tickets out for shows now so you don't wait in line, if the show is popular.. I have now received a ticket for two shows now. When you come back you just go in the main door and someone takes the ticket

Hopefully they will do this for SMC

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby TEDodd » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:50 pm

dstephe9 wrote:They have actually been giving tickets out for shows now so you don't wait in line, if the show is popular.. I have now received a ticket for two shows now. When you come back you just go in the main door and someone takes the ticket

That gets you "a seat" but not a good seat.

Timesaver reserved seats are good seats (though not the best).
Last edited by TEDodd on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:18 pm.

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:00 pm

I was just mentioning that so people would know they don't always have to wait in line for shows. Most theaters have a couple rows blocked off in the front for the timesaver seats (some theaters have the timesaver seats on the side rows up front), but it's not necessary to wait in line for some of the shows now without timesaver.. Not sure if it's something they are simply testing, something to keep guest happy due to some of their shows being kind of big this summer, or what, but I hope they keep the ticket thing going.

It's nice being able to pick up your ticket then go get a fresh soda in your mug or something (so you don't have to buy expensive 20ounce sodas) and then come back to your theater and find a seat!

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby TEDodd » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:21 pm

Don't get me wrong, a ticket beats the long lines. But I expect there will still be lines of those with tickets wanting the best seats.

Postby dstephe9 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:36 pm

No your right, I still stayed in line the first show! Just because it was raining and the line was covered but they had two folks handing out tickets and there was actually never a line for the actual tickets lol

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby DollyWould » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:33 am

Exciting news!

According to Screamscape, the 2019 announcement date is set for Friday, August 3rd!!! I can't wait to see all the details to be revealed. :D Tell us about, Dolly!!!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby neilnky » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:25 am

DollyWould wrote:Exciting news!

According to Screamscape, the 2019 announcement date is set for Friday, August 3rd!!! I can't wait to see all the details to be revealed. :D Tell us about, Dolly!!!

Whoo hooo! I saw a youtube video last night showing a retaining wall built across from Mystery Mine and a huge big concrete square that has been made. Thinks are moving it appears :)

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Bobby2889 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:43 pm

ERT has been changed to Wild Eagle, so Lightning rod is hopefully getting the love it needs.

Side Note: The Park just dropped a seed on social media.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jenna.clark » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:30 am

Bobby what ERT, and when was it scheduled? I am heading down from Toronto, next weekend, and I would like to know if they are anticipating it will be down that long. If the ETR is Aug 3 I think I am going to outta luck
Canada'sWonderlandDarienLakeCedarPointFantasyIslandDisneyWorldDisneylandDisneylandParisKnoebelsUniversalHollywoodUniversalOrlandoWaldameerSeaworldFunSpotHersheyparkOrlandoLegolandORlandoBuschGardensTampaGardalandChessingtonParcAstrixKingsIslandKennywoodWorldsofFun[size=85] [/size]

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Bobby2889 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:40 am

Jenna, this weekend is the 10th annual Thrills in the Hills event, they scheduled ERT for Lightning Rod last night and changed it last minute. The ride today is still closed, during a maintenance tour today, they told us the issue has been turned over to RMC as it’s still under warranty. That’s pretty much all they wanted to say.

Good news for you though, media day is the 3rd so Dolly will be at the park for the announcement.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!