Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1541 - Splash Battle to be removed for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Save Lightning Rod for last, it's the most intense Dollywood has. Not sure if it would do anything to you being loops are what effect you, but I've went from Lightning Rod to TT and TT seems like weak. So last time I went I skipped LR first so I could experience TT's intensity without my body expecting LR's level.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Dollywoodlover20 wrote:Save Lightning Rod for any time you can get on it, it's the least reliable Dollywood has.

Fixed That For You.

Honestly, LR is amazing. . . But ride it as soon as you see it up and running. No need to save it for last.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LukeFlynn » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
Dollywoodlover20 wrote:Save Lightning Rod for any time you can get on it, it's the least reliable Dollywood has.

Fixed That For You.

Honestly, LR is amazing. . . But ride it as soon as you see it up and running. No need to save it for last.

It's been fairly consistent for the past month, so I think it's a fair bet to save it for last.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:57 pm

^ Never bet. Even if it feels like it's a 'safe' one. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:32 pm

LukeFlynn wrote:
DoinItForTheFame wrote:

Fixed That For You.

It's been fairly consistent for the past month, so I think it's a fair bet to save it for last.

Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Cj1990 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:13 pm

How are the crowds end of September? I plan to go September 24th. Its my only day to go and I really hope to experience Lightning Rod.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Keetz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:12 am

Cj1990 wrote:How are the crowds end of September? I plan to go September 24th. Its my only day to go and I really hope to experience Lightning Rod.

I went to the park last year mid September on a Saturday and a Sunday. The Sunday was significantly less crowded than the Saturday. Between both days I was able to get 9 rides on LR and multiple rides on everything else. If I were to guess longest wait times you would experience I might say 45 mins for LR, 30 40 mins for Firechaser, 15 minutes for Mystery Mine, and 10 minutes for everything else. Download the Dollywood app this weekend and you should get a good idea of crowds and lines. Unless there is a crazy event I don't know about, I would say go for it and have fun!
| Lightning Rod | Skyrush | El Toro | Intimidator 305 | Maverick |

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Cj1990 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:05 pm

Keetz wrote:
Cj1990 wrote:How are the crowds end of September? I plan to go September 24th. Its my only day to go and I really hope to experience Lightning Rod.

I went to the park last year mid September on a Saturday and a Sunday. The Sunday was significantly less crowded than the Saturday. Between both days I was able to get 9 rides on LR and multiple rides on everything else. If I were to guess longest wait times you would experience I might say 45 mins for LR, 30 40 mins for Firechaser, 15 minutes for Mystery Mine, and 10 minutes for everything else. Download the Dollywood app this weekend and you should get a good idea of crowds and lines. Unless there is a crazy event I don't know about, I would say go for it and have fun!

Awesome advice! Downloaded the app and looked. There’s no waits for anything expect LR lol. It seems like today was the day to be there! I’m going to go for sure and I may go ahead and purchase the TimeSaver Unlimited pass. For the $45 I’d have no waits all day and can ride as much as I want. Last time I was there Mystery Mine was still new so I don’t get down there often enough. Also seems like LR has been doing ok as of lately!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby middle_keeny » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Cj1990 wrote:
Awesome advice! Downloaded the app and looked. There’s no waits for anything expect LR lol. It seems like today was the day to be there! I’m going to go for sure and I may go ahead and purchase the TimeSaver Unlimited pass. For the $45 I’d have no waits all day and can ride as much as I want. Last time I was there Mystery Mine was still new so I don’t get down there often enough. Also seems like LR has been doing ok as of lately!

Keep in mind that last weekend was an exception. It was the weekend of Rod Run in Pigeon Forge so the hotels are twice as much and it takes 2 hours to drive anywhere. A lot of people who would typically go to Dollywood on a weekend avoids that weekend.

I personally wouldn't pay for a Timesaver in the Fall. The park may be crowded but most are there for the shows. Lines should be no more than 30 minutes. Fall break in TN typically is the week after Columbus Day so next weekend shouldn't be that bad.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby LukeFlynn » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Can confirm that from here until around the second week of November DW will be pretty low in terms of attendance.
Dear God, the Donkeys are invading my life.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!