TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What major 2005 coaster are you looking forward to the most?

Which of these major 2005 coasters are you most looking forward to?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these major 2005 coasters are you most looking forward to?

• Hades
    • Hydra the Revenge
    • Italian Job: Stunt Track
    • Kanonen
    • Kingda Ka
    • Powder Keg: A Blast in the Wilderness
    • Raging Spirits
    • Rita - Queen of Speed
    • SheiKra
    • Barnstorm
    • Barnstorm

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly there are all sorts of things I am excited by... An other option would be nice.

I think Barnstormer will be interesting as the lift chain drags you through what is basically an inversion. Screaming Squirrel is finally getting installed this year. There are some new mixes on the intamin rockets. There is the rumor that S&S is preping a next gen X. Honestly about the only company I'm not really excited by is B&M. They really haven't pushed anything recently and their rides seem to keep getting more and more tame. Honestly I could probably sleep on some of them.

Ok yeah so the B&M comment may have more to do with the more traditional rides. I think Sheikra could be cool. I thought Oblivion was pretty cool but over too quickly. I do miss the intense B&M's though. Rides like the original Nemesis are just that little bit more intense than current ones seem to be.

Edited by kenshinmac

I went with Hydra even though I probably should have picked Hades. Its a total toss up. Hydra looks freakin sweet but Hades is WOAH.

So is Kanonen though...theres actually a nice batch of rides to look forward to this year. Aside from KK which is just a slightly larger ttd, the others are all very unique.

I'd probably say that Shakira is the most interesting ride being built at the moment, i mean, look at the size of that Immelmann!

Realistically though, i'd go for Rita at Alton, because out of all the rides i'll actually get to ride, this is the most interesting one for me.

Well, I am going to have to say Italian Job because A) as someone else said about another coaster, it's the one on that list that I am guaranteed to ride and also because B) I know there has been some debate as to whether or not PKI is up to the job of keeping the "special effects" operational for the long haul. This is something they've had a wee bit of trouble with in recent years (did anyone ride Drop Zone late last summer? the "ring" no longer rotates???) and I've read a lot of not very optomistic comments on another forum about this.

Shari "I live five minutes away so it's a given" Shoufler

I voted for Kingda Ka, reason being is I never ridden Top Thrill Dragster so Kingda Ka will be a new experience for me. Also, since it's currently the tallest and fastest rollercoaster in the world, it's only a 3hr drive from my house compared to Cedar Point which I blieve is a 10hr drive. Plus I have friends/relatives that are about 30 minutes drive from the park so I can stay with them.

Sheikra here, I think it looks like the most "interesting" ride being built so far... but as far as I can say B&M changing the designs of their rides, I am definately looking forward to Hydra whenever I can get over there and ride it. (The ride theme, layout, and setup looks plain awesome to me!)

-Justin

I voted for KK simply because of the proxmity of the park to where i live. i am split between which ride i am most interested in riding. there's italian job (the movie PKI has on their site looks awesome :shock: )and the vertical drop coaster in Tampa. i would rather get a new type of ride, like Shekra, than a taller, faster clone with a camel hump. i am certain KK will be great, but it isnt opening till may . may i vote again?