SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P.102 - Electric Eel coaster announced for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"
User avatar
 
Posts: 5484
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Location: SO Cal
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:07 am

Thing is, it apparently only takes up 2 acres. So, theres a really limited choice here. It could very well be something new though.
Last edited by COASTER FREAK 11 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:31 pm.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?
 
Posts: 273
Joined: 28 May 2016
Location: Wherever my computer is, working on my website
Gender: Male

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby Mr. Corn » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 am

As someone who lives in LA and has visited the park before, I'd like to share my ideas. I personally think we'll be seeing a Chance Hyper GTX, with maybe a 0g roll thrown in. With the exclusion of TC which is quite the drive from Seaworld, the California Market is sorely lacking a fantastic airtime coaster. The Chance GTX's is roughly 100 feet, so in my personal opinion, I think they could build a bit taller. This would fill the gap of an adult, inverting, and compact coaster. Many people are forgetting that the marketing plan said: Twists and Turns, and while they could be talking generally, I think they literally mean this. A Sky Rocket II/Gale Force clone wouldn't have this, as they practically go in a straight line. Also, one last quick note, WoF has been heavily rumored to get a Premier coaster, so maybe this will be going there, or possibly even Valleyfair, heck, even Wild Adventures in GA. All we know is its going somewhere in the US, and thats pretty much it (as far as I know), so I wouldn't get too set in stone on this park getting it. This is just my analysis, and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the park you guys might have :)
Follow me on Instagram: @SoCal.Thrills
Youtube Channel: Coaster Comedy (<--Go Sub!!!)

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Gender: Male

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:47 am

Mr. Corn wrote:As someone who lives in LA and has visited the park before, I'd like to share my ideas. I personally think we'll be seeing a Chance Hyper GTX, with maybe a 0g roll thrown in. With the exclusion of TC which is quite the drive from Seaworld, the California Market is sorely lacking a fantastic airtime coaster. The Chance GTX's is roughly 100 feet, so in my personal opinion, I think they could build a bit taller. This would fill the gap of an adult, inverting, and compact coaster. Many people are forgetting that the marketing plan said: Twists and Turns, and while they could be talking generally, I think they literally mean this. A Sky Rocket II/Gale Force clone wouldn't have this, as they practically go in a straight line. Also, one last quick note, WoF has been heavily rumored to get a Premier coaster, so maybe this will be going there, or possibly even Valleyfair, heck, even Wild Adventures in GA. All we know is its going somewhere in the US, and thats pretty much it (as far as I know), so I wouldn't get too set in stone on this park getting it. This is just my analysis, and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the park you guys might have :)


I would love a 150ft GT-X, but I think at that point it would no longer be "compact". I'm thinking of other 150ft hypers like Goliath at La Ronde and Walibi Holland, those certainly arent "compact". Plus with how much trouble the city of San Diego gives SW with zoning etc; a Premier SR II seems like it would be easier to get approved than a coaster with a 3500-4000ft track length with multiple occurrences over 100ft.

Hopefully I'm wrong, I'd love to be only 2hrs away from a hyper GT-X.

One thing I think is in favor of it NOT being a Premier is the fact that the park already has a launcher in Manta.
Last edited by Superbatboy on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:08 pm.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Nothing beats Cali coasters
User avatar
 
Posts: 2421
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Location: Ocean Beach, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 24

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:06 pm

Superbatboy wrote:One thing I think is in favor of it NOT being a Premier is the fact that the park already has a launcher in Manta.


And that certainly didn't stop BGW even 3 years after installing Verbolten.

I really would LOVE to get something other than an SRII, but I simply can't see a 150ft coaster that would fit in such a space that isn't that.
Image
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"
User avatar
 
Posts: 1188
Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Age: 20

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby MrSum1_55 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:46 pm

I would not really call California an airtime desert anymore. Sure, that may have been true five years ago, but now every big park in the state has at least one coaster with descent airtime. (We now have Colossus, The Joker, Gold Striker, Ghostrider (now that it is actually a good ride again), Manta, and California Screamin (which has pretty extreme airtime by Disney standards)). Since we are talking about a park that has only two coasters, they could add almost anything and it would be a good fit for the park. I would much rather have a junior hyper than a Skyrocket II, but given the evidence, this design seems like the best fit.

The only argument I could see against a Skyrocket II is that there does already exist one in California. However, SFDK and SWSD are a full day's drive away. Most people in SoCal will also likely never ride a roller coaster outside SoCal. So, the only group this would negatively effect would be tourists from NorCal. But I also imagine that Skyrocket II designs are cheap enough compared to any other design of equivalent size that it would make for a better investment overall.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: 19 Feb 2014
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Gender: Male

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:03 pm

MrSum1_55 wrote:The only argument I could see against a Skyrocket II is that there does already exist one in California. However, SFDK and SWSD are a full day's drive away. Most people in SoCal will also likely never ride a roller coaster outside SoCal. So, the only group this would negatively effect would be tourists from NorCal. But I also imagine that Skyrocket II designs are cheap enough compared to any other design of equivalent size that it would make for a better investment overall.


So Cal and Nor Cal are almost like two different states :lol:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index
 
Posts: 17284
Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Location: Staten Island, New York
Gender: Male
Age: 50

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:00 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:Thing it, it apparently only takes up 2 acres. So, there really a limited choice here. It could very well be something new though.


THIS, 2 acres is not big enough for many of the coasters that people are discussing.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Image
Image

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"
User avatar
 
Posts: 1188
Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Gender: Male
Age: 20

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby MrSum1_55 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:41 pm

^Since it takes up that small of a space, I am fairly certain it is a Skyrocket II.

However, I guess there is a small chance we could see a different design. Or maybe, it could be something more like Gale Force? Or it is possible that Premier came up with a different design similar to the Skyrocket II. I would think that another clone would be far more likely, but there may also be a small chance of a different design.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?
User avatar
 
Posts: 133
Joined: 13 Aug 2014
Gender: None specified

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby colinx » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:48 pm

If this does turn out to be a Skyrocket II, I think it's sort of funny how was barely announced by SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment, meanwhile they are announcing this ride over a year in advance.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2440
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 24

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:43 pm

SoCal seams a little more competitive than Virginia for parks. Maybe that's why.

Though just because they have a public hearing doesn't mean the official announcement will immediately follow.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron