SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P. 117 - Electric Eel coaster opening moved up to 5/10/18!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Hola! Just to let everyone know I had a great time at SeaWorld San Diego! I really didn't need a quick que because every thing was basically a walk-on! Even the new roller coaster Electric Eel was only a 10 min wait! ONLY 10 MIN WAIT! =) The longest line of the day was on Journey To Atlantis which was a 30 MIN wait, but I only waited 2 MINS (quick que came in handy then). But a full trip report is coming soon so stay tuned!

One last thing: TRAFFIC WAS AWFUL DRIVING TO SAN DIEGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I made it 45 mins before the park opened so it still worked out. LOL.
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:37 pm

^That's nice to hear you had a good time. I really like the park a lot and I'm excited to ride Electric Eel in a few weeks.

And yeah, traffic getting in and out of San Diego is always terrible.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:54 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:^That's nice to hear you had a good time. I really like the park a lot and I'm excited to ride Electric Eel in a few weeks.

Thanks! And you're going to enjoy Electric Eel! It was my first Sky Rocket II model and I must say they pack a punch!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:35 pm

ThemeParkJunkie51290 wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:^That's nice to hear you had a good time. I really like the park a lot and I'm excited to ride Electric Eel in a few weeks.

Thanks! And you're going to enjoy Electric Eel! It was my first Sky Rocket II model and I must say they pack a punch!

I'm excited too! I have yet to ride a Sky Rocket II, however my first one will technically be Superman at SFDK since I will be riding that one a few days before going to SWSD.

Even though it's rather short, I really enjoy YOLOcoaster for what it is, so if these models are anything like that, count me in. I'm curious to see the differences in the 2- and 3-car versions, restraints aside. I'm sure the forces in the front and back cars are much more exaggerated.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 pm

^ Having ridden a few of the 2 car versions and Tempesto at Busch Gardens, I don't really think the extra car made much of a difference. I was expecting there to be stronger air in the back on the drop, but it's already really strong on the 2 car and really can't get much better to be honest.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah & Alabama Splash Adventure

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby chaos » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:36 pm

So, I didn't think I'd have a favorite Sky Rocket II model. But having ridden Superman, Tempesto, and now this, I can confidently say that even with the awful "comfort" collars, this is the best of the clones I've ridden!

It just feels so much taller, since everything else in the park is so low to the ground (thanks Donna Frye! :butt: ) Also, you get great views of the bay from all the high points of the ride.

Also, the entrance plaza is really nice. It's crazy how much the ride experience improves when a ride is the main attraction at one park, but a looked-down upon filler ride at another.
Electric Eel San Diego.png

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:18 am

SeaWorld San Diego is getting a Skyline Attractions Skywarp Horizon for 2019!

Blueprints uncovered by Screamscape indicate the Skywarp Horizons model will be built in the back of the park.

Here's TPRs picture of the model from last year's IAAPA

Here is the exact location in the park where it'll be located. I took this last weekend. The building on the right will be demolished
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:43 pm

If they get the kinks worked out I can picture them being fun rides.
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:00 pm

chaos wrote:So, I didn't think I'd have a favorite Sky Rocket II model. But having ridden Superman, Tempesto, and now this, I can confidently say that even with the awful "comfort" collars, this is the best of the clones I've ridden!

It just feels so much taller, since everything else in the park is so low to the ground (thanks Donna Frye! :butt: ) Also, you get great views of the bay from all the high points of the ride.

Also, the entrance plaza is really nice. It's crazy how much the ride experience improves when a ride is the main attraction at one park, but a looked-down upon filler ride at another.

It's truly a great ride! =) Since this was my first Sky Rocket II model, I had nothing to compare to before, but I must say Electric Eel was fantastic!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:39 am

grsupercity wrote:If they get the kinks worked out I can picture them being fun rides.

What are you referencing?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!