SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

P.102 - Electric Eel coaster announced for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

Postby Shut It Down » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:42 am

The real question that comes to mind is will this ride actually get approved to be built?? I realize it's part of the master plan, but I do remember how hard of a time they had getting Atalantis built and the entire reason manta is only 30 feet was to make getting approval much easier. This must be why they are announcing the ride so early..... It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months, being a San Diego native and current resident I know how difficult it is to get any major projects built!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:03 am

I don't think they would make an announcement if they werent confident it will be approved. Plus maybe the city of San Diego realizes the trouble Sea World is in and will be more cooperative. Sea World brings in so much revenue for the city, now isn't the time to be difficult lol
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:03 pm

It seems like the park is doing their due diligence announcing it this early and trying to make the skyline impact as minimal as possible with the color scheme.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:10 pm

While in rare circumstances stuff happens after the fact, large development projects (including theme park rides) usually involve a lot of "back channel" work before being presented to the public. I would guess Sea World has been working with all the agencies to have everything ready for full approval prior to the actual hearings.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby VCXfreak » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:35 pm

I wish they could do a dual loading track station like Mr Freeze and slide back and forth with the trains ready for launch. That would help out with the ride capacity.
Live Laugh Love Ride

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Superbatboy wrote:I don't think they would make an announcement if they werent confident it will be approved. . .

Well, you know. . . There was this one time. . .

Granted, it did get built, but we see what has happened to it now. :cry:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:59 am

I like how SeaWorld combines these new coasters with new learning experiences and exhibits, too. The did some nice work on both of their Manta coasters.

Postby jray21 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:42 am

^ I agree. They do a great job with the exhibits. Sometimes, the exhibit is better than the ride!

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby 3Mutts » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:43 pm

Perfect choice, rode Phobia at Lake Compounce last year and it was a really fun ride!
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Samuel » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:08 pm

Superbatboy wrote:I don't think they would make an announcement if they werent confident it will be approved.

Jew wrote:While in rare circumstances stuff happens after the fact, large development projects (including theme park rides) usually involve a lot of "back channel" work before being presented to the public. I would guess Sea World has been working with all the agencies to have everything ready for full approval prior to the actual hearings.

I hope it all goes smoothly, but SeaWorld San Diego is not the park to use as an example...

SeaWorld unveils Blue World Project

Blue World Project Canceled

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!