TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

• 3 months later...

Visited the park today and got a little glimpse of how Electric Eel is coming along. They picked the perfect location for this coaster!! It’s definitely going to tower over the footpath. Also love the color scheme as well. Enjoy!

A38409F5-EC38-4F0A-ACB5-BEEF459C2FD4.thumb.jpeg.1e2941083f30ab14f9e990a0845af412.jpeg

The pathway from Wild Artic over to Pets Rule/JTA

3444CF65-E2DB-481D-89BE-97FAA0C5F84D.thumb.jpeg.baa6c3a220bb4ccc763457ed5ebc3dd8.jpeg

5F9A0945-131B-4BF6-A208-290625FF971D.thumb.jpeg.ed780f914a0745b8a0d3e066a1d0caaa.jpeg

Pathway between Pets Rule and Electric Eel

9A388A2F-B51C-4D82-8718-D95E2E1259CD.thumb.jpeg.1afc8a68a39b637dbec03298dd296a03.jpeg

Pathway walking from Pets Rule over to Wild Arctic/JTA

I can finally see Electric Eel from my house! Although I'm not completely enthused by the choice of coaster, I can't help but be excited watching a roller coaster grow in my backyard!

They are a lot of fun for being in a compact area. A good fit for SeaWorld.

Still feels weird to see a second launch coaster coming to this park, but from what I've heard Sky Rocket II's are awesome, so this should be awesome. Can't wait to see it up and running.

I feel the same way. Initially I felt it was a little redundant to have two multi-launch coasters in the park, but I’m just excited that a major thrill coaster is finally coming to SWSD after seeing its Orlando and San Antonio siblings crush them in the coaster department. I’m loving the colors too.

^ If Knott's can have three launch coasters......

Knott’s also has 7 other coasters. My point was that the only two “real” coasters at SWSD are both multi-launch coasters.

Stuff like this doesn’t matter because the park does what makes them money anyway, this is just speaking from a nerdy enthusiast point of view.

My point was that the only two “real” coasters at SWSD are both multi-launch coasters.

Hollywood Studios will be in the same boat next year once Slinky opens. I don't think it's a problem in any way, but it is different for sure.

Maybe I missed it, but have they said where in the park Electric Eel will be built?

Still feels weird to see a second launch coaster coming to this park, but from what I've heard Sky Rocket II's are awesome, so this should be awesome. Can't wait to see it up and running.

I feel the same way. Initially I felt it was a little redundant to have two multi-launch coasters in the park, but I’m just excited that a major thrill coaster is finally coming to SWSD after seeing its Orlando and San Antonio siblings crush them in the coaster department. I’m loving the colors too.

I'm a bit bummed as well. I haven't been to SeaWorld since I was 6 years old but now that I've been traveling more often these past few years I been waiting for them to open that ride to get me going. But this ride is the same ride I have just 40 minutes away at SFDK. Should be great for the locals though as it is a short but very fun coaster. I'm just waiting for that ride Seaworld, that submarine ride definitely dint' help my interest or anyone's interest for that matter lol.

I’m really liking the colors! They look almost identical to Manta’s, but that’s definitely not a bad thing!

They aren't identical colors at all. Manta has light/sky blue supports with royal blue track. Electric Eel has sea foam supports and pale blue track.

I’m really liking the colors! They look almost identical to Manta’s, but that’s definitely not a bad thing!

They aren't identical colors at all. Manta has light/sky blue supports with royal blue track. Electric Eel has sea foam supports and pale blue track.

That was poor wording on my part. I guess I should have said “similar” since I knew somebody was going to correct me. I see light blue columns and dark(er) blue track on both coasters. That’s what I was getting at...

And like I said, I really like the colors on both rides.