Legoland California Discussion Thread

P. 16: LEGO Chima 4D movie experience announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Legoland California Discussion Thread

Postby XYZ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:25 pm

LEGOLAND HOTEL OPENING DAY TRIP REPORT (and a general park update)

2nd part of the update can be found here: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=218&start=166
001.png
This is what this update is all about! They moved the captain from the front entrance to Crossings Road so he can be hit by cars.
Viewed 2919 times
002.png
Look at the hotel! Look at it!
Viewed 2919 times
003.png
As you can see, nobody was here today.
Viewed 2919 times
004.png
YOLO! Vroooom!
Viewed 2919 times
005.png
Legoland Hotel's entrance.
Viewed 2919 times
006.png
Let's go inside!
Viewed 2919 times
007.png
Inside of the hotel is a giant play structure. Legoland did a very good job with this as they really didn't need to do it.
Viewed 2919 times
008.png
Here is the indoor portion of Minis Lounge.
Viewed 2919 times
009.png
Angry ogre! Why can't the ogre be nice like Shrek?
Viewed 2919 times
010.png
Looking UP!
Viewed 2919 times
011.png
That isn't gum on the bottom of the blimp.
Viewed 2919 times
012.png
A reminder of what building this is. You know, some people walk into buildings without knowing what the heck the building is.
Viewed 2919 times
013.png
Some random theming that is very random in the most random location, though it looks nice.
Viewed 2919 times
014.png
Here is the entrance to Bricks Restaurant.
Viewed 2919 times
015.png
Here is a table at Bricks Restaurant. It looks really nice and you don't need to give kids a coloring sheet, the whole table is one!
Viewed 2919 times
016.png
In case you don't know where the heck anything is...
Viewed 2919 times
017.png
SMASH!
Viewed 2919 times
018.png
The weather cooperated well today.
Viewed 2919 times
019.png
Here is the clock tower at the entrance of the hotel.
Viewed 2919 times
020.png
You can kind of see the pool. I could've gotten a better picture, but I didn't want to look like a stalker.
Viewed 2919 times
021.png
Two Flags > Six Flags
Viewed 2919 times
022.png
This is the outdoor portion of Minis Lounge.
Viewed 2919 times
023.png
The back of the hotel used to be very bare during construction, but Legoland put a ton of theming onto it to make it look great!
Viewed 2919 times
024.png
Heading into the park. The sign was recently repainted.
Viewed 2919 times
025.png
When I came today, two new models were put up that I didn't see on Monday. Here is the first one.
Viewed 2919 times
026.png
Here is the second model of a bull/ox/something that gives Coast Cruise another model to look at.
Viewed 2919 times
027.png
Build and Test was recently re-themed to LEGO City Build and Test.
Viewed 2919 times
028.png
New wallpaper was put up around LEGO City Build and Test.
Viewed 2919 times
029.png
Las Vegas Miniland re-opened recently after a long five month rehab. Most of the models were replaced with new ones and some of them were sandblasted to make them look new.
Viewed 2919 times
030.png
Look at shiny Treasure Island!
Viewed 2919 times
031.png
The Mirage volcano now spews a lot more water out that it can actually get you a little wet!
Viewed 2919 times
032.png
A close up on Tropicana! You can see how the model was just sandblasted rather than replaced as the bricks are a little worn out.
Viewed 2919 times
033.png
High Roller did not survive the rehab. :(
Viewed 2919 times
034.png
The two red buildings in Washington DC were sandblasted or replaced recently.
Viewed 2919 times
035.png
The two Smithsonian Castle buildings were also recently sandblasted or replaced. Here is the first one.
Viewed 2919 times
036.png
Here is the other Smithsonian Castle building. It looks like this one is made with new bricks.
Viewed 2919 times
037.png
This is why you don't go to Legoland on Spring Break.
Viewed 2919 times
038.png
The Thinker returned! He used to be above the Model Shop and he is now in Fun Town.
Viewed 2919 times
039.png
Here are the models I made at the LEGO Clubhouse. (I didn't make the car)
Viewed 2919 times
040.png
The water park is now open!
Viewed 2919 times
041.png
Single Rail Technic Coaster!
Viewed 2919 times
042.png
Since everybody loves Mack mice supports, here's a close up on one of them.
Viewed 2919 times
043.png
LEGO Chima 4D-Xperience opened four weeks ago. The film is good, though I wouldn't recommend seeing it unless you have a lot of time on your hands.
Viewed 2919 times
044.png
Here is a LEGO model of one of the Chima characters.
Viewed 2919 times
045.png
Here is a "ride sign" for the 4D film.
Viewed 2919 times
046.png
As you can see, LEGO Chima 4D-Xperience sure has a lot of showtimes. Though, it usually has less.
Viewed 2919 times
047.png
Aim for the sky!
Viewed 2919 times
048.png
A rare photo of Coastersaurus' first drop! Oooh!
Viewed 2919 times
049.png
As I was walking out of Legoland, I saw an ad of Aquatica on a bus. This is the end of the update. Thanks for reading and comments are wanted!
Viewed 2919 times
Last edited by XYZ on Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:00 pm.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Xmeister » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:03 pm

Today was a great day to be a Model Citizen. I got to work in the Lego Clubhouse today teaching classes, so I got to talk to a lot of guests and there was a lot of excitement about the hotel. There was a definite excitement in the air with the hotel opening and I really think the resort is looking the best it ever has.

One of the things I think Legoland always has had going for it is the food. The breakfast buffet at the new Bricks Restaurant was not only the best buffet I've ever had, it was the best breakfast I've ever had. So don't miss it where you're here.

Postby XYZ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:07 pm

Xmeister wrote:Today was a great day to be a Model Citizen. I got to work in the Lego Clubhouse today teaching classes, so I got to talk to a lot of guests and there was a lot of excitement about the hotel. There was a definite excitement in the air with the hotel opening and I really think the resort is looking the best it ever has.

One of the things I think Legoland always has had going for it is the food. The breakfast buffet at the new Bricks Restaurant was not only the best buffet I've ever had, it was the best breakfast I've ever had. So don't miss it where you're here.

If you were teaching the classes at the Lego Clubhouse today, you should know me. I'm the person who made the model of KidPower Towers last week & Sky Patrol today (as seen on my update).
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Postby Xmeister » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:13 pm

I just saw that!!!!! :br It's always great to see another TPR member visiting Legoland. Your models are great, keep up the good work!

Postby XYZ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Xmeister wrote:I just saw that!!!!! :br It's always great to see another TPR member visiting Legoland. Your models are great, keep up the good work!

Thanks. Renate told me a few weeks ago to make some creations on the "Cool Creations" shelf, so I have been building something there every time I visited Legoland.
Last edited by XYZ on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 am.
What a season pass??

Postby Xmeister » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:25 pm

I can see why she did! Have you thought about building any more ride models?

Postby XYZ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Most likely, more ride models will come. The problem with a lot of the rides at Legoland is that they are difficult to make out of LEGO bricks (which is funny since most of them are themed to LEGO bricks). Though, whenever I find something that I can built rather easily out of the simple bricks at the Clubhouse, I usually do it. I'll build something when I'm coming on April 20th or 21st (or earlier).
What a season pass??

Postby XYZ » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 pm

Sorry for the double post, but here is some more Legoland Hotel pictures, the main update can be found here: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=218&start=159
001.png
The Legoland Hotel sure likes dragons. There are four total.
Viewed 2485 times
002.png
Yet another dragon.
Viewed 2485 times
003.png
LEGO bricks made out of LEGOs.
Viewed 2485 times
004.png
A hot air balloon at the ceiling.
Viewed 2485 times
005.png
Say cheese!
Viewed 2485 times
006.png
The hotel likes trees. Here's one.
Viewed 2485 times
007.png
And yet another one.
Viewed 2485 times
008.png
The inside of the pirate ship.
Viewed 2485 times
009.png
Yep, this is made out of LEGOs.
Viewed 2485 times
What a season pass??

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Nyteowl » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Dang this looks awesome! Sadly, I used to go to LLC alot when I was younger because my aunt lived in the area and got us season passes every year, but I haven't been in probably 4 years now. The new hotel opening and all the other new stuff that was added looks great so I'll definitely have to make my way down there this summer to check it out :).

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:54 am

Is my model of Technic's Car & Track still on display in the Clubhouse? It took forever to model, especially since the reference picture I used was a tiny one from a Lego Club magazine. :p
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!