Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 177 - Animal Kingdom's 20th Anniversary Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby robbalvey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Cj1990 wrote:I’m happy to say we got to do both Pandora rides and flight of passage twice. Once at rope drop and once we scored fast passes for it!

That's awesome to hear! Glad it worked out!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Flight of Passage was fantastic! Easily the best motion simulator style ride I've been on. The movement felt much more convincing and exaggerated with the ride system.

I also cannot emphasize how well entering the queue at closing is. The line was posted at 150-165 minutes, but 70 minutes later I was at the first pre-show.

About that pre-show, is the bit about there being an error and then performing a Windows esque loading reboot present every time or was it a clever little way to kill time before reaching the next room?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Wisp Resort & Fun Fore All

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:21 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Flight of Passage was fantastic! Easily the best motion simulator style ride I've been on. The movement felt much more convincing and exaggerated with the ride system.

I also cannot emphasize how well entering the queue at closing is. The line was posted at 150-165 minutes, but 70 minutes later I was at the first pre-show.

Awesome! Glad that worked out for you!

Canobie Coaster wrote:About that pre-show, is the bit about there being an error and then performing a Windows esque loading reboot present every time or was it a clever little way to kill time before reaching the next room?

it's a way to kill time. There are actually 3-4 of these little "stalling" sequences and sometimes you'll end up with multiple ones depending on what is happening in the next two rooms. If you got the "we need to scan you for parasites" that's also another one of those time-killing devices. The normal pre-show is just Dr. Stevens telling you about the Banshee species and why it's important and then going into talking about Dr. Ogden and her book. Then you move into the next room. It's been a while since I've been on it that you just go through the basic 2 pre-shows without any time killers added.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:18 am

robbalvey wrote:it's a way to kill time. There are actually 3-4 of these little "stalling" sequences and sometimes you'll end up with multiple ones depending on what is happening in the next two rooms. If you got the "we need to scan you for parasites" that's also another one of those time-killing devices. The normal pre-show is just Dr. Stevens telling you about the Banshee species and why it's important and then going into talking about Dr. Ogden and her book. Then you move into the next room. It's been a while since I've been on it that you just go through the basic 2 pre-shows without any time killers added.

I didn't know that, that's fantastic. Knowing that the pre-show changes based on what's going on in the next room to stall for time somehow makes the ride even more impressive. I assumed the parasite thing was done on every ride.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:23 pm

^^ That's a really cool way to kill time! The amount of detail that went into that attraction is astounding.

We were pretty worried the ride had broken down or was having some trouble after we heard "Brer Fox causing a commotion downstream" on Splash Mountain earlier that day. It seemed to be down quite a bit this weekend and the queue was at an absolute standstill for non Fastpass users.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Wisp Resort & Fun Fore All

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:30 am

I saw Black Panther this weekend and man I hope there's a way to work that film into an attraction at some point, I could totally see a Guardians style overhaul of Dinosaur re-themed to Black Panther working really well and being massively successful.

Also, I absolutely LOVE Pandora, everything about it, the rides, the themeing, the impressiveness of the entire land, it's absolutely amazing........ but I can't help but think what Wakanda would have looked like instead if the movie had released a few years earlier. Oh well, fun to think about, maybe that will be the in the next phase of Animal Kingdom.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby G$ Kurt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:16 am

I'm not going to lie, I kind of like this ^ idea. Except maybe not as a Dino replacement, maybe just have a Wakanda section next to Africa. I would be down with that.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby G$ Kurt » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:21 am

I'm not going to lie, I kind of like this ^ idea. Except maybe not as a Dino replacement, maybe just have a Wakanda section next to Africa. I would be down with that.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:09 am

I mean, semi-spoiler not really, but in the movie there is a VR "simulator" to remote pilot a vehicle from a lab, which in a way is almost EXACTLY like the Flight of passage ride system, and the que line might as well be an entrance to the Vibranium mine and Shuri's lab hahaha. Not that they're gonna scrap that section anytime soon but it's fun to think about what else that ride system could be used for in the future at another site.

The Dinosaur ride was just the first thing to come to mind, it's kind of a weird ride to me in that it's is good but was never really great but has the potential to be overhauled into something else. I'm not sure how they could thematically "fit" a Black panther attraction into Dinoland but that kind of thing might not matter as much anymore and the Imagineers are smart enough to make it work.

I'm not sure where Disney stands legally with using which characters form the MCU in what parks etc. but it sure looks like Black Panther is gonna make a boatload of money and spawn multiple sequels (can we get a Rogue One style origin story about Ulysses Klaue stealing Vibranium from Wakanda please?) so hopefully that might justify developing some sort of attraction in the future. In the mean time a meet n greet would be awesome. :mickey:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:54 pm

I believe Black Panther is all clear for them to use wherever.

Yeah, Wakonda is so beautiful, and there's so much culture in just brief scenes or in the backgrounds of scenes. It would make an awesome theme park land. Please do this, Disney.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!