Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 161 - HUGE Photo & Video update from Pandora Media Event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby TBpony414 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:46 am

^^ Would love to see a full TR of your day! ETA that we love animals and the more pics/details the better :D

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Zero One » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 am

Ask and ye shall receive. Not a trip report really... just some of the cool Disney animals out and about yesterday.

PS. The tiger cubs were born yesterday. No word on when they might be out in the exhibit but probably not for several more weeks. New dad tiger is the one in my shots below.

small-4266.jpg
Siamang handing around

small-4279.jpg
Toucan

small-4297.jpg
Guano Joe

small-4324.jpg
This little bird wouldn't follow the script. It would only sing "How much is that doggy in the window" over and over again which caused the cast members to break down on stage in laughter.

small-4331.jpg
Hornbill

small-4369.jpg
Harris Hawk

small-4384.jpg
Hidden Mickey

small-4386.jpg
Crown Crane

small-4396.jpg
Bald Eagle

small-4417.jpg
Macaw

small-4441.jpg
WHAT IS THIS WET STUFF?!

small-4448.jpg
He enjoyed swimming

small-4481.jpg
Javan Green Peafowl

small-4493.jpg
Taking a break from swimming

small-4530.jpg
And then right back in... it was HOT yesterday. I might have risked swimming with him it was so bad.

small-4578.jpg
White cheeked gibbon

small-4594.jpg
African wild dogs

small-4620.jpg
Elephant

small-4644.jpg
Lions were out too

small-4675.jpg
Young gorilla

small-4678.jpg
And his Dad
Orlando Theme Park Photographer | Twitter: @cchard | Instagram: @cchardav | Flickr

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:45 am

Very nice, thanks for sharing those! I love those animal shows where the animals don't go with the script. Great reminders that we're not nearly as in charge as we like to think.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:11 pm

So I had a pretty great Flight of Passage experience tonight with one minor complaint in operations...

"For Science" I got in line 3 minutes before park closing tonight and since there was no EMH (Extra Magic Hours), I wanted to see what the line would be like assuming that all FastPass+ would stop coming in at park closing, and given those two factors in theory it should move much quicker. It was sign posted at a 120 minute wait and 46 minutes later I was in the first pre-show room. Here's what I tweeted out tonight...

Just got in line for Flight of Passage a few minutes before park closing. Posted 120min wait. Let's see how long it really is!

14 minutes in and I have just entered the indoor section of the Flight of Passage queue. No more FP now so should go quicker in theory.

The attention to detail and theming in here is crazy! Tokyo DisneySEA level of quality!

Extended indoor queue area not being use on Flight or Passage at park closing tonight.

24 minutes waiting and we have just made it into the "RDA" area of the Flight of Passage queue.

31 minutes and we are in the Mountain Banshee Project area of Flight of Passage queue!

41 Minutes waiting and just got into the lab area of the Flight of Passage queue!

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH4WAzFWsAAOY8C.jpg[/img
Wow! That last part went fast! 46 minutes and I'm in the first pre-show room!

Took only 46 min from entrance to pre-show on Flight of Passage tonight at park closing.

That's awesome!

The ride still blows me away. I don't even like "media-based attractions" and this ride makes me smile and giddy like a little girl every time I ride. It's just so good and all things considered I should hate the ride, but I love it!

But here is my minor complaint from tonight...

IMG_0286.JPG
When I got to the grouping area and I told them "1 person" they put me into a different row than everyone else which was clearly the "single rider line." When I got to the front of that row the grouper putting everyone on numbers counted down everyone in the other line "number 12 - 13 - 14 - 15" then pointed at me "Single Rider.... number 16" just like they would say at any other single rider line on property.

I don't mind them filling the seats, and from an operational standpoint I fully support that! But I wasn't in a "single rider" line, I waited the full queue. While seat #16 is still REALLY REALLY GOOD, it is probably the worst seat on the ride. As someone who waited the full queue, I would like to have thought I'd have the same chance at getting one of those middle seats as the next person waiting in line.

If I'm a single rider am I always going to get put into that "single rider" line and never be able to get one of the more desirable middle seats? That's sort of a bummer. The ride during AP previews had a sign for "single riders" but by the time it opened to the public, that sign was gone:
IMG_3786.JPG

Really my complaint is this... If you're going to fill those empty seats with a rider from a "single riders" queue, why not just open up the single riders line from the very front? It's still closed off and hasn't ever been used. But inside, they seem to most certainly be using the "single riders" line to fill those seats.

I don't mind if I'm in a single rider line and I'm basically a "seat filler" and I've waited a much shorter time because that's the trade-off. But I'm not sure I like that I was a seat filler after waiting alongside everyone else in line for the full queue.

That being said, I still waited less than half of the posted wait time and I rode one of Disney's best attractions. I honestly cannot complain that much, and if anything, maybe this is less of a "complaint" and more of an interesting "observation."

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 pm.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:57 am

Yes, I think if you waited in the whole queue, you should have the same chance as anyone else of snagging one of the better seats. Busch Gardens Williamsburg stopped using single-rider lines years ago, but they have a similar policy for single riders (they sometimes make you stand between the two loading docks until a seat is available)--but on that ride, it makes more sense.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Zero One » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:45 am

First video of the two tiger cubs

Orlando Theme Park Photographer | Twitter: @cchard | Instagram: @cchardav | Flickr

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:03 am

So is there no single rider line at all anymore for Flight of passage? Or do they just close the single rider line later in the night, I know I've seen some attractions do that close to park closing ( we used to at the attraction I worked on).

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:18 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:So is there no single rider line at all anymore for Flight of passage?

There never was a single rider line. It was "planned" but never used. By the time the ride opened to the public the signage was gone.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:03 am

Oh that's interesting, I must be remembering the signage from all the previews and never realized it was removed before the actual public opening.

I've always wondered what goes into the decision to have a single rider line and why some attractions have them and some don't.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I've always wondered what goes into the decision to have a single rider line and why some attractions have them and some don't.

Marginally better capacity, the space/money to build a queue for it, and guest desire for one immediately come to mind.
As someone who usually rides solo, I look for the single rider lines as they usually get me on the ride that much quicker. And in the cases where I'm not alone and there's a single-rider option, my party is usually willing to split up to get on faster. And since I'm a single rider, I'm not always excited about standing in line for a good while when I could have filled at least half a dozen empty seats on cycles while I wait.
But I'm sure there are more complex and thought-out reasons as well that parks consider.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!