Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 161 - HUGE Photo & Video update from Pandora Media Event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby coasterbill » Mon May 01, 2017 8:17 am

I'm really excited about this. I really enjoyed the film despite the recycled and uninspired story-line simply because of the amazing visual elements and luckily those elements of the film are the only elements that really matter when you're translating it into a theme park land / attraction. It looks like they hit a home run, and I'm sure Pandora at night will be mind blowing.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon May 01, 2017 8:52 am

ParcMan wrote:One question though, do you think the area will suffer from congestion like Potter, or is there enough room to move about?

I'm certain that this summer with it being the 'new hotness' it will be congested. It's just a land, not a whole giant park. The pathways seem larger than potter, but with people grouping for certain interactive plants, or trying to get food at the one location, I could see bottlenecks for sure.

Postby SuperShawn » Mon May 01, 2017 9:08 am

Just wow! I had medium expectations for what this would turn out to be both with the rides and the look of the land. Based on the photos and reviews Pandora looks like it will easily exceed those expectations and be a big hit for DAK. Look forward to getting back to Disney eventually check out this new land, especially at night!

Postby jynx242 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:21 am

Thanks for posting this! We have our pass holder preview thingy in a few weeks. I'll admit that I was looking forward to seeing this area, but wasn't really looking forward to the big attraction. Your description of the Banshee ride makes me much more excited to ride!

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Mon May 01, 2017 9:29 am

Wow! I, like others have said, was a bit (ok, VERY) skeptical of how good Pandora may, or may not, look like. Seeing the photos and videos, I'm pretty much blown away. I didn't understand the size of the floating mountains until the pics from underneath, and the video of the guy walking thru. This seems seriously impressive!!!

And, knowing how much Robb and Elissa have a certain disdain for "simulator" type rides - their high endorsement of the "Banshee" ride, speaks VOLUMES!!

Never thought I'd say this - But, I'm REALLY looking forward to your next media day report!!

JJ

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon May 01, 2017 9:29 am

Looks fantastic. I know nothing about the movie or the characters, but I think the theme of nature looking pretty fits in perfectly with Animal Kingdom.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:54 am

I'm curious to hear what the "story" behind the ride entrance sign/pole design is. It's kind of strange that the two attraction signs look basically identical and really don't even identify the ride. Maybe there is another "sign" or something that wasn't completed yet or something.

^Also, good to see a single rider line, I'm sure that will come in handy.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 am

OldJJman wrote:Wow! I, like others have said, was a bit (ok, VERY) skeptical of how good Pandora may, or may not, look like. Seeing the photos and videos, I'm pretty much blown away. I didn't understand the size of the floating mountains until the pics from underneath, and the video of the guy walking thru. This seems seriously impressive!!!

And, knowing how much Robb and Elissa have a certain disdain for "simulator" type rides - their high endorsement of the "Banshee" ride, speaks VOLUMES!!

Never thought I'd say this - But, I'm REALLY looking forward to your next media day report!!

JJ

Yeah, you know how I feel about simulators, but this basically moves more than almost any other simulator on the planet. I spent half of my second ride just looking behind me at the mechanics of the ride vehicle which was incredible. Plus with the different seats it makes it feel like a real ride. Now that being said, towards the end of the ride you do this crazy barrel role maneuver and that quickly reminds me that I'm on a simulator and about to feel nauseous! Luckily that's right at the end!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby scubaski » Mon May 01, 2017 10:59 am

Great job Robb, love the pics and vids. Can't wait to see it

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Mon May 01, 2017 11:14 am

WOW, truly impressive, Disney have outdone themselves. Great photos as always guys!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!