Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 161 - HUGE Photo & Video update from Pandora Media Event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby Zero One » Sat May 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Pandora closed to all guests before 8pm so that they can clear it for EMH at 11.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby cookiex » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:39 am

TBpony414 wrote:
Zero One wrote:Flight of Passage was amazing. Lines are now huge... Even for the land itself. If you have a Fastpass you can get into Pandora without waiting.

Two hours just to ENTER the land? Wowza!!!

Reminds me of the massive lines just to enter the Wizarding World at IoA when that first opened.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Went to the park yesterday to check out Pandora, and I loved everything about it. I am a huge fan of Avatar, granted, but good Lord, everything about this land is perfect The scenery is beautiful, especially at night. It's all most insane to think that beforehand, this area was a run-down character meet and greet.

But let's get this out of the way; Flight of Passage. Two words; f**king astounding. Seriously, this is possibly the best ride in Animal Kingdom, if not all four parks. How awesome is it? Well, picture what would happen if Soarin' and Forbidden Journey at Universal had a baby, and then DisneyQuest adopted it. It sounds so wrong, but it's oh-so-right. My only real complaint is the glasses didn't fit smaller kids all that well; my seven-year old sister had a really hard time with them because they were too big. She ended up riding without them, but she loved it nonetheless. 11 out of 10

As for Na'vi River Journey... I mean, it exists. Yes, the Shaman animatronic is one of the best I've ever seen, but other than that, it's nothing too special. It's just eye candy. That's it. Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable, but it needs a lot more. On the other hand, I freaking loved the little ride vehicles. They're so detailed, and even with the low capacity per boat, the line flew by. Good job Disney ops! 7 out of 10

All in all, Joe Rhode has done it again. The entire land is beautiful, and with the addition of the best E-ticket built in the past decade, this is definitely a huge win for Animal Kingdom. Can't wait to return! =)
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:04 pm

What??? :shockr: Nothing new for Animal Kingdom at D23??? :omg:

I kid, I jest, it's all for the best! :wink: Robb's Recap List in the other
WDW parks' threads, looks awesome!

And the idea of no Big Info.Signs in these new Lands like Pandora and Star Wars
sounds like a great idea, and challenges the public to actually enjoy where they are,
instead of just "heading to the next attraction", etc.

:mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby average.coaster.fan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:26 pm

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:Went to the park yesterday to check out Pandora, and I loved everything about it. I am a huge fan of Avatar, granted, but good Lord, everything about this land is perfect The scenery is beautiful, especially at night. It's all most insane to think that beforehand, this area was a run-down character meet and greet.

But let's get this out of the way; Flight of Passage. Two words; f**king astounding. Seriously, this is possibly the best ride in Animal Kingdom, if not all four parks. How awesome is it? Well, picture what would happen if Soarin' and Forbidden Journey at Universal had a baby, and then DisneyQuest adopted it. It sounds so wrong, but it's oh-so-right. My only real complaint is the glasses didn't fit smaller kids all that well; my seven-year old sister had a really hard time with them because they were too big. She ended up riding without them, but she loved it nonetheless. 11 out of 10

As for Na'vi River Journey... I mean, it exists. Yes, the Shaman animatronic is one of the best I've ever seen, but other than that, it's nothing too special. It's just eye candy. That's it. Don't get me wrong, it's enjoyable, but it needs a lot more. On the other hand, I freaking loved the little ride vehicles. They're so detailed, and even with the low capacity per boat, the line flew by. Good job Disney ops! 7 out of 10

All in all, Joe Rhode has done it again. The entire land is beautiful, and with the addition of the best E-ticket built in the past decade, this is definitely a huge win for Animal Kingdom. Can't wait to return! =)

Couldn't agree more, I haven't been in such an immersive land since Tokyo DisneySea a decade ago, and that was when I was five! And Flight of Passage may very well be the best attraction i have experienced in all four WDW parks. The food is also very unique, and the staff is very friendly. Na'vi River Journey did have long lines unfortunately, as it was broken down the previous day as well as the whole morning, meaning an enormous FastPass line. Still, both attractions are welcome additions to the park!
Steel: 102 Wood: 19 Overall: 121
Top 5 Steel: Skyrush, Kumba, i305, Fury 325, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Thunderhead, White Lightning, Grizzly (KD), Thunder Road, Comet

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Bradders » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:39 pm

Went on the Na'vi River Journey on Wednesday to find the Shaman animatronic removed. Got a screen with him projected on instead. Shame we missed the animatronic but the digital version did blend quite nicely.

Both Pandora rides were amazing and I like how they thought about their audience. Never seen Avatar but picked it up easily. I love the Harry Potter franchise but massively disappointed with its themed land in Universal, with those rides it felt like they were trying to cut corners with the screens and it felt a bit cheap to me.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:34 am

Bradders wrote:Went on the Na'vi River Journey on Wednesday to find the Shaman animatronic removed. Got a screen with him projected on instead. Shame we missed the animatronic but the digital version did blend quite nicely.

I guess we should at least be happy they can remove/work on the animatronic without taking the whole ride down!?!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Bradders » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 am

SharkTums wrote:
Bradders wrote:Went on the Na'vi River Journey on Wednesday to find the Shaman animatronic removed. Got a screen with him projected on instead. Shame we missed the animatronic but the digital version did blend quite nicely.

I guess we should at least be happy they can remove/work on the animatronic without taking the whole ride down!?!

It was shut for quite a few hours before we got on the ride, our fastpass was for around 4:20pm and was shut until after Rivers of Light had finished.

But I agree it's a good trick they have done, better than having a broken animatronic stood still.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Zero One » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:41 pm

I stopped by Animal Kingdom today. I took a lot of animal pics which I may post later but since this is TPR I figured I'd skip right to the rollercoaster!

Here is Faces of Everest:

DSC_4696.jpg

DSC_4701.jpg

DSC_4708.jpg

DSC_4711.jpg

DSC_4719.jpg

DSC_4721.jpg

DSC_4727.jpg
Orlando Theme Park Photographer | Twitter: @cchard | Instagram: @cchardav | Flickr

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:45 pm

^ A wonderful ongoing groups of expressions of (mostly) joy and exhilaration!

Great collection of on-ride pix. Thanks for sharing all of these! :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!