Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 161 - HUGE Photo & Video update from Pandora Media Event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby multimueller » Mon May 01, 2017 12:59 am

I love parks that give you a "full day experience" and with "Pandora" and "Rivers of Light" Animal Kingdom will finally become that kind of park. The combination of real vegetation with artificial themeing is very innovative, it must have been super difficult for the imageneers to pull that off. I am so looking forward to see all of this for myself.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby DILinator » Mon May 01, 2017 1:04 am

Very nice TR and pics! Thanks for sharing!

I'm going to Florida again this November, and taking the kids, but wasn't planning on hitting up any Disney parks this time around. However, if I WAS going to do one park, it was already going to be Animal Kingdom, just because of how much I love Expedition Everest ( ;) ), and the fact that I think the kids would enjoy the animals there. With how awesome this Pandora addition looks though, I am definitely thinking more and more about trying to work Animal Kingdom into the trip for sure! Thanks again for the preview! =)
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:12 am

WOW! I'm almost speechless, this is just on a whole other level from anything I've seen before! This will without doubt be a HUGE hit for Disney and Animal Kingdom, and it will be very interesting to see how much their attendance numbers will increase with this addition.

robbalvey wrote:Imagineers explain that this land is "not based on the story of the film of Avatar, but on the overall world of Pandora

I'm very happy they went with this direction! The world of Pandora is amazing, but I wasn't a huge fan of the storyline in the movie...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon May 01, 2017 4:53 am

I'm really looking forward to seeing Pandora for myself. I've always believed that DAK was a bit under-rated among Disney's parks, but I think this new land will give the park a big push.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Waltrane » Mon May 01, 2017 5:05 am

That's an amazing report TPR. I'm glad you guys got a sneak preview. I was always confused as to why they would base an entire area on a theming from one movie (yes four sequels are in the works) but now we know why. It also helps like you said Robb because you don't really need to know the story to enjoy it. Harry Potter had seven books then eight movies based on those books which puts people at a disadvantage. I love that you took time to detail the food offerings as well. It looks like they've got some amazing new choices that I can actually get a Coke Zero (tm) to wash it down with. One question for you. Did they mention if they could add a ride or attraction once the sequels come out? Oh and from now on I'll only be able to see the monkey instead of the mountains!

If you have a 4K UHD TV I highly recommend watching their 4K video on YouTube. It's amazing!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/d07a25bf830f44bab60863e8d0fa0958.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby thrillrider » Mon May 01, 2017 5:13 am

Thank you for an amazing look at Pandora.

I think you just inspired us to make another trip down there this summer. Typically, we go to Disney for a week at a time and maybe spend half a day at Animal kingdom durring that week. This new addition in my opinion, now makes it a full day or more park.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon May 01, 2017 5:50 am

Wow, I mean I was pretty optimistic about this project from the beginning but this whole thing just looks insane. The detail in the Flight of Passage que is stunning, I can't wait to check this all out.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Hotlanta » Mon May 01, 2017 5:54 am

I haven't kept with the construction of this area and apologies if this has already been answered, other than these 2 rides that Robb showcased, are there anymore in construction now?

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon May 01, 2017 6:56 am

^No. The land will open with two rides, a quick service restaurant, a bar, a shop, and several kiosks (drinks, merchandise, face painting) and entertainment areas.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ParcMan » Mon May 01, 2017 8:09 am

Wow! Pandora looks amazing, this is one of a few times that I'm sad I moved away from Orlando. Seeing this makes me wish I was there. Thanks for the pics and videos Robb.

Animal Kingdom was always my favorite Disney World park, I would go there just for the atmosphere alone. Now Pandora adds a whole new level of atmosphere and exploration just waiting to be discovered.

One question though, do you think the area will suffer from congestion like Potter, or is there enough room to move about?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!