Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 161 - HUGE Photo & Video update from Pandora Media Event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby CaptainCrush » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:54 am

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:
COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:What are you even talking about? LOL

He's referring to Dinosaur's past moniker, Countdown to Extinction (and yeah, that name is WAY cooler), and I also haven't seen much about it's refurb. Anyone got anything? :mickey:

Probably adding an Arlo animatronic from The Good Dinosaur, Disney loves IP crossovers!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Fat-G » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:55 am

Probably adding an Arlo animatronic from The Good Dinosaur, Disney loves IP crossovers!

So since it's already a IP crossover it would become a IP crossover within a IP crossover?
inception.jpg
Whoa!

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Rai Fox » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:19 pm

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:
COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:What are you even talking about? LOL

He's referring to Dinosaur's past moniker, Countdown to Extinction (and yeah, that name is WAY cooler), and I also haven't seen much about it's refurb. Anyone got anything? :mickey:

Just saw earlier today that the refurb was extended until October 17th.

...naturally. I'm going to be at AK on the 16th...

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:14 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/pandora-the-world-of-avatar-set-to-open-summer2017/

1119ZU_0180AS.jpeg

Just moments ago at the D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentation, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek gave a construction update on Pandora – The World of Avatar and shared the exciting news that the new land is set to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in summer 2017.

Bob also shared a look at a recent construction milestone -scaffolding has just been removed from the entry bridge into the new land (near Tiffins restaurant), officially connecting the land with the rest of the park.

skdjfn080.jpg

According to the storyline developed by Walt Disney Imagineering and Lightstorm Entertainment, this bridge was built during a time when a destructive company called the RDA came to Pandora. Now that they’re long gone, nature is breaking down evidence of their presence. This bridge will soon serve as an entry into the base camp of Alpha Centauri Expeditions, the eco-tour group that is preparing Pandora for future explorers and adventure seekers.

The story of the bridge is just our first look inside this land, which fulfills the original mission of Disney’s Animal Kingdom of being a park that honors animals and natural environments “real, ancient and imagined.”

The entire Pandora – The World of Avatar land is set to open in 2017, and will transport guests to a visually stunning world complete with floating mountains and bioluminescent plants. Here, guests will be able to experience two excursions that will truly push adventure to the next level. First, the family friendly Na’vi River Journey will send guests down a sacred river hidden within a bioluminescent rainforest. Their journey will end in an unforgettable encounter with a Na’vi Shaman, a figure who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora. And second, the Avatar Flight of Passage excursion will offer the jaw-dropping experience of riding on a Banshee over the world of Pandora.

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog in the coming weeks for more updates on this amazing expansion.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/first-look-the-navi-river-journey-shaman/

Earlier today Alpha Centauri Expeditions (A.C.E.) Founder Marshall Lamm joined filmmaker James Cameron and Imagineer Joe Rohde to share details on upcoming travel to Pandora – The World of Avatar, the amazing world that is located 4.4 light years away from Planet Earth.

Marshall closed his presentation with a remarkable video. The reclusive Shaman of Songs, a revered member of the Na’vi people of Pandora, shared just for fans at D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures. Take a look here:

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for future construction updates on Pandora – The World of Avatar.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/new-images-released-for-pandora-the-world-of-avatar-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

pongu.jpg

Earlier today, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that Pandora – The World of Avatar is set to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom in summer 2017. Now, we’re sharing a first look at what you can expect to see in the land.

avaq23402935.jpg

Satu’li Canteen will be the main restaurant in Pandora – The World of Avatar and will feature Na’vi art and cultural items.

avam53249258.jpg

At Windtraders, travelers can find Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits, and more.

And Pongu Pongu (pictured at the top of the story) will be a special drink location with a design that is as eclectic as its Expat owner.

All of today’s new images were shared by Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek during a D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures presentation at the Walt Disney World Resort. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on Pandora – The World of Avatar.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:22 am

Dinosaur has reopened with new time travel lighting effects at both the begining and ending of the ride. There are also a few spots of map projections and a huge upgrade to the overall lighting of the attraction. Plus working dinosaurs!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:26 am

From the video..."Was that okay?"

:lol:

Loved that extra little touch with the Shaman.
And at least, from the neck up, it looks and sounds amazing.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby maverickpoint » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:31 pm

good stuff

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:19 am

Read on the Twitter machine that there was some kind of preview of Rivers of Light over the weekend. The reviews seemed pretty mixed and ranged everywhere from really cool tech and a fun show, to it was a complete dumpster fire. Anyone here get a chance to check it out?

Either way it's nice to see the show making some progress towards an actual opening. I'm guessing they want to get it running for the holiday season.

Postby jynx242 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:30 am

^ I got to go see it with friends for the Cast Preview last night. I won't give any details away, but I thought it was beautiful and really technologically impressive.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:13 am

jynx242 wrote:^ I got to go see it with friends for the Cast Preview last night. I won't give any details away, but I thought it was beautiful and really technologically impressive.

That's good to hear, I never know what to believe especially coming from die hard Disney fans, their perspective tends to be a bit skewed at times.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!