Knoebels Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Those awards are crap but Phoenix is great. I have no issue with anyone declaring it the best wood coaster.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:22 pm

coasterbill wrote:Those awards are crap but Phoenix is great. I have no issue with anyone declaring it the best wood coaster.

It is kind of wild when you think about it and realize that Mystic Timbers won "Best New Ride" over the unprecedented Flight of Passage. "Yeah flying on the dragon things from Avatar sure is a breathtaking and amazing experience but have you ever ridden a GCI wooden coaster?"
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:41 pm

So I was digging around on the internet when I came across this:

After searching on TPR I found that this video had only ever been posted once before in 2007 on it's own thread which didn't make it past the first page, so I though I'd share it here, because I love the fact that Phoenix has it's own wonderfully 80's* theme song! :lover: Not only is it very 80's* and very Knoebles, it's also quite catchy (I even added it to my music playlist). It's also cool to get a look at the park from decades ago.

*Okay I'm not actually sure when the song was written, and I'm not 100% sure which decade it's from, I'm just guessing 80's based on the fact that it sounds super 80's imo :lol:
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:48 am

coasterbill wrote:Those awards are crap but Phoenix is great. I have no issue with anyone declaring it the best wood coaster.

I was telling my wife that the Wolverine Wildcat is a copy of the Phoenix. And that the Phoenix was just voted the best wooden roller coaster. Her response was then why is the Wildcat so awful :lmao: :lmao:
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:59 am

:lol: That thing really is like some bizarro world dystopian future where Phoenix is complete crap and has atrocious operations.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:02 pm

Headed to the park next Sunday. Anyone know of good apple picking/corn maze headed east from the park? We’re planning on having a late afternoon/evening in Jim Thorpe, PA Sunday night.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:57 pm

Brassinthegrass wrote:Headed to the park next Sunday. Anyone know of good apple picking/corn maze headed east from the park? We’re planning on having a late afternoon/evening in Jim Thorpe, PA Sunday night.

Apple picking

Corn mazes

Not sure what else you might be interested in, but Camelback mountain has a pretty cool mountain coaster and slide, and zip lining.
Camelback Adventures You can ride the mountain coaster and zip line in the dark and be scared by monsters.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Anyone have any input on the crowds for Hallo-Fun Saturdays? I have never been here and kinda want to figure out a gameplan for things that will have long lines. I am guessing I will want to get Flying Turns, Impulse, and Haunted Mansion out of the way as early as I can. Also the haunted antique cars once they open. Will it be possible to marathon Phoenix as I would like to do that! :airtimer: :airtime: :airtimer: :airtime: :airtimer: :airtime:
Knoebels > Everywhere

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Are you going THIS Saturday?

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:40 pm

No next Saturday.
Knoebels > Everywhere

118 Coasters
16 Parks

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!