Knoebels Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Masquerade » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:30 pm

I'm thinking of hitting up Knoebels to see what the hub's about (and get some research on a classified project).

How are crowds on a Thursday or Friday, and how weird would it be taking a three hour drive by myself to get there (because people suck / don't have my days off / think crossing state lines for a park that's not Hershey is lame)?

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Based on my family trip where we drove three hours to Knoebles for Thursday and Friday a couple weeks ago, go. Just go.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I Love Donkeys!

Postby operative_me » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Finally made it to Knoebels on Wednesday an wow! How the hell did I not get there sooner! I want to say thanks to those on here who have given wonderful advice over the years in the preceding pages. Not that you need too much advice with a park as good as this.

Bill - the pierogies were good. Not better than my grandma's, but she's deceased, so I can't prove it. I got two orders.

Flying Turns, Phoenix, and Twister were what I was most eager to ride, and they all delivered (lol at Phoenix not having ejector air, are you kidding me?). But a lot of fun was finding kooky rides that no other park would consider operating. Looper - that thing is nuts. The dodgems are the best I've been on. Black Diamond was a total WTF moment but still fun. The Haunted Mansion is the best dark ride I've been on. And I did get to properly snap the Flyers.

Biggest surprise: Scenic Skyway. That thing was intense, for a ski lift. Going up to the top of that mountain and looking down upon the park was really cool. And it was a nice long ride.

All in all a very worthwhile trip. I'm really glad I decided to visit Dorney BEFORE I went and not after, or else I might have left Dorney after an hour or so.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Of people who have been, what is usually more crowded, Covered bridge festival or Hallo-fun? We are thinking of pairing up a trip to sesame place for their Halloween stuff with Knoebels. Columbus day weekend gives us more time but if the following weekend is less busy we would go then.
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:132
STEEL:101
WOOD:31
PARKS:25

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:34 pm

The Covered Bridge Festival / Phall Phunfest weekend is always packed (relatively speaking) but 11 AM - 10 PM hours on the Saturday means that you won't miss anything. You might even find something cool to bring home from the local craft vendors.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm planning a visit for the weekend after the covered bridge festival and I am beyond excited. Never been. Planning to spend a full day there on 10/13 with my 11 year old nephew, 13 year old cousin, and uncle. Can't wait to ride Phoenix!
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:00 am

I'll be here Saturday and CAN NOT WAIT! It's been about 5 years since I've been.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:32 am

Has anybody gone for Hallo-Fun before? Are there certain rides that aren't typically open?
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Postby alilstronger » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:10 pm

CoasterAuditor wrote:Has anybody gone for Hallo-Fun before? Are there certain rides that aren't typically open?

I have been for Hallo-Fun. All of the coasters were open and select other rides. They also brought in a temp flat for in front of Phoenix for the kiddos.

I went to the park this past Saturday, this was my first visit in about 5 years. I would love to start with how unbelievable this park is. I went to Six Flags Great Adventure the Wednesday before as well as Six Flags America the Thursday before and I had the best time at Knoebels out of all of them. My BF had never been to Knoebels before this visit and I explained to him this park is not like the Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks he has been to and that this park is more about the experience. Once he took one ride on Phoenix I could not keep him off. We were nervous with the crowds but we waited no longer than about 20 minutes - with the longest wait being about 20 min for Flying Turns. Both Twister and Phoenix operations were AMAZING - they were dispatching trains well before the previous train even reached the brake run. Twister was dispatching when the train was in the second helix and Phoenix was dispatching when the train came to the last air time hills. We both prefer the drop ride here to Zumanjaro at Great Adventure - we rode it every time we talked by it. The only ride that was down I really wanted to ride was the sky lift.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:59 pm

I just saw on Amusement Today's Twitter that Phoenix won best wooden coaster.

I know everyone's opinion on the Golden Ticket Awards, but it's still cool that a 70 year old wooden coaster took home the top spot.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!