Knoebels Discussion Thread

Page 350: 2017 new ride announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:59 pm

:lol: :lol: Wait until you see the bathrooms. They’re huge and they have granite f*cking countertops for some reason. Super 8...

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:11 am

I wonder if they've ever asked Wyndham for a rebranding? It's all based on amenities, and not the actual quality of the hotel, which is why Wyndhams can vary a lot based on the individual franchisee. Could be a case where they don't want to offer one thing that would qualify them as a Days. Could also be they don't want the higher expectations that come with a higher tier of branding. Hotel customers can be just the worst, so setting those expectations low and then blowing them away is actually kinda genius.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby prozach626 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:36 am

I'm glad you guys are having good luck with the Super 8's, because the one in our town is a mess. It's a good place to buy meth. I have to go there pretty frequently for business.

Postby alilstronger » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:42 am

Love Super 8! I am kinda Wyndham loyal because they have one of the best hotel rewards programs around. There are also some nice Days Inn's out there. Stayed at a few in Texas when I did a park tour down there. On the flip side I have stayed at some crappy Hilton and Marriott properties so brand has nothing to do with each hotel.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:45 am

alilstronger wrote:Love Super 8! I am kinda Wyndham loyal because they have one of the best hotel rewards programs around

We need to have a talk. lol

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby x2isawesome » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:39 pm

I decided to change my reservations for Phoenix phunfest to this super 8 on the recommendation of this thread. I hope it can live up to the hype.

Postby thrillrider » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:51 pm

As long as it's not like the super 8 near kings island, you will be ok.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby x2isawesome » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Nah it's the apparently good one over in danville. Besides I'm going to knoebels so the trip is automatically going to be great.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby bluestreak » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:43 pm

thrillrider wrote:As long as it's not like the super 8 near kings island, you will be ok.

Don't get me started on that place. Yikes.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:13 am

coasterbill wrote:
alilstronger wrote:Love Super 8! I am kinda Wyndham loyal because they have one of the best hotel rewards programs around

We need to have a talk. lol

I have a membership in Hilton (credit card too), Wyndham, and IHG (work for this company). I try to stagger my stays between the brands and I seem to get the most rewards with Wyndham.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!