Knoebels Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby TyRush » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:44 pm

I feel like I'm slapping god in the face living a little over an hour from the park and I have never been :cry:
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Dude... what are you doing? :lol: Go... like... on Saturday.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby x2isawesome » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:45 pm

TyRush wrote:I feel like I'm slapping god in the face living a little over an hour from the park and I have never been :cry:
definitely losing a little nerd cred living so close to paradise and never going.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Myntiepwny » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:55 pm

This weekend, for the first time ever, we had a ride op turn down the speed on the Flyers twice while we were snapping. At first I was sort of proud--that has to be some sort of achievement, right?--but I don't really like being yelled at, so then only got back on once and tried very hard not to snap, which it turns out is near impossible. He didn't yell or even point it out, but it was pretty clear that was what was going on. The worst part was that when the power was cut I had the flyer stalled and consequently dropped like a stone and started snapping worse, lol.

Has anybody else experienced this? I've been going for a few years and the older guys who run the ride never seem to care. I don't think I or anybody else was doing anything fantastic either.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby I Like Theme Parks. » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:14 pm

After many rides on the Knoebels Flyers and snapping and seeing many people snap, I've never seen anyone be told to stop or seen it slowed down in real life. I've heard many stories about it and have even seen some videos of people getting yelled at, but I never witnessed it once out of my 5 visits so far.
Top 3 Parks: Knoebels, Cedar Point, Kennywood
Top 3 Steel Coasters: Steel Vengeance, Phantom's Revenge, Maverick
Top 3 Wood Coasters: El Toro, Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 3 Flat Rides: Knoebels Flyers, Black Widow, Zipper
Top 3 Water Rides: Coal Cracker, Escape From Pompeii, Splash Mountain
167 coasters

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Myntiepwny » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Yeah I've never seen it before either and I try to go a couple times a year. He didn't say anything (honestly I would have been mortified if I was the problem) but the speed got turned all the way down twice. :/ It did make for a nice long ride though... so looking on the bright side. I definitely snapped one at KD earlier this year far far better than anything this weekend, so I'm not sure what was up.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:19 am

Didn't happen to me when I visited earlier this year, but I know someone who had the speed reduced on the flyers and was glared at by the ride op.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:22 am

Myntiepwny wrote:This weekend, for the first time ever, we had a ride op turn down the speed on the Flyers twice while we were snapping. At first I was sort of proud--that has to be some sort of achievement, right?--but I don't really like being yelled at, so then only got back on once and tried very hard not to snap, which it turns out is near impossible. He didn't yell or even point it out, but it was pretty clear that was what was going on. The worst part was that when the power was cut I had the flyer stalled and consequently dropped like a stone and started snapping worse, lol.

Has anybody else experienced this? I've been going for a few years and the older guys who run the ride never seem to care. I don't think I or anybody else was doing anything fantastic either.

This has been going on for years. Some ride ops on the flyers are horrendous and some are awesome. You just have to keep an eye on who's running the ride before getting in line.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Physical » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:11 pm

I've gotten both the speed turned down and banned from the flyers after a cycle. It happens. Just listen to the ops.

I've had pretty good results by talking to the dude afterwards asking if that was too much snapping or if that was an OK amount. One dude last year at Phall Phunfest basically said "Just go apeshit" and we sure did. Great time!
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 102, Wood: 33, Total: 135, Parks: 17, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Devins3 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:16 am

Yea we have had them turn them down on a regular basis. We once got yelled at by a park employee walking by the ride :). It really does depend on the op at the time. I haven't been there too much this year but they seemed to be getting more strict with it the past couple years.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!