Roller Coaster Queues

Pictures/Descriptions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Postby Groteslurf » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:28 am

Here some areal shots of the Oblivion queue I found on towersalmanac.com.
above02.jpg
Viewed 2423 times
normal_aaa_oblivion_17.jpg
Viewed 2423 times

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby yankees15 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:52 am

My favorite que is probably Talon's. The que is right in the infield of the ride. You have a great view of almost the entire coaster and it really builds up the anticipation. A couple others that I like are Hydra and Medusa because you also get a great view of the ride.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby palmerleeberry » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Hey, I'm excited about queue lines as well. At Kings Dominion, they have a few coasters' queue line that are just straights (no switchbacks). Coasters such as the Rebel Yell, the Grizzly, the Ananconda, the Shockwave, and the Hurler all have staight lines that you must walk all the way the station regardless of how little or how many riders are present. Their two biggest coasters (Volcano and Dominator) have switchbacks (and they really do need them!!!).

My biggest gripe is the situation of a ride that has many riders lining up before the entrance, and seeing tons of queueing lines not being used. Oh come on now: if you got queue lines, USE THEM!!! Don't force the riders to line up and cause a traffic jam on the midway. Another gripe I have is that some rides have straight lines that are way too long. I love riding the Dueling Dragon at Island of Adventures, but do they really need all that queueing? I counted the paces I had to travel from start until I reached the station and I counted 450 paces! Did the planners believe that ride to be so popular they felt they needed a line that would contain over 2000 waiting riders?

Okay, my favorite queueing has to be the Led Zepplin. After passing through classic album covers and learning bits of trivia about the band, you see a show before getting on the ride.
I''m not perfect; I just love to ride!!! :airtime: :airtimer:

Noo! They be stealin' my bucket!

Postby onewheeled999 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:19 pm

Since I haven't really been to that many parks, my queue knowledge is pretty limited, but oh well...

Some of my favorite queues have to be Space Mountain at DLR, Batman: The Ride, Riddler's Revenge, and X2 just because of the videos they show, all at SFMM.

The worst queues I've been in are Kong at SFDK, simply because it's boring and has a sign that says "Definitely Worth the Wait". Yeah, NO. Another is Tatsu at SFMM, it's just boring, and doesn't give you that great of a view of the ride. The last one is Scream! at SFMM, again because it's boring with no theming whatsoever besides the banners.
Xbox Live + Steam + Twitter + Skype + AIM: Onewheeled999

Papas

Postby Papas » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:25 am

I was going through some pics and found some interesting ones:

Le Monstre at LaRonde

Steel Hawgs line. Imagine waiting in this moving 4 people like every 3 minutes or so minutes standing next to a bunch of Indiana hicks when its 90 degrees. Awesome.

Steamin Demon at the Great Escape

GASMs station and exit path, lots of careful planning and landscaping effort here.

The Dark Knight at GADV

The Dark Knight at GADV

El Toro

Batman at GADV

Batman at GADV

Batman at GADV

Batman at GADV

Dark Knight at SFGAm

Dark Knight at SFGAm

Dark Knight at SFGAm

Decided one day to have a photo spree of Batman at SFGAm

This isnt there anymore, they replaced the city-scape in 2008 with 3-D type buildings and replaced this display with a bare wall

Compare this to Great Adventures

I dont know why SFGAms Batman monitors show renderings of SFNE's Batman

More details, I absolutely LOVE SFGAms BTR in comparison to all the other BTRs. The others are just cheap imitations.

Okay moving on

Powder Kegs station, complete with SDC employee christmas costumes

Maverick at CP

Italian Job at KI, complete with no chickens sign

Renegade vandalism at VF

Corkscrew at VF exit path

Hopes Magic Mountain gets a used Roller Skater that 36" kids can ride.

Postby cooksta77 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:56 pm

X2 At SFMM has a good queue! Only thing add misters again!
img_4633_161.jpg
Nice Sun Blocker
Viewed 2265 times
img_4631_124.jpg
Plasmas with X2 Signage
Viewed 2265 times
img_4629_158.jpg
New Sign at entrance
Viewed 2265 times
img_4663_185.jpg
And Views of the station and coaster!
Viewed 2265 times
Trying to look smart on the TPR forums since 2008.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby nitrofan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:33 pm

When queues start going out of the queue area (into the midway), does anyone else ever move the chains themselves and start walking through the switchbacks? I used to do it, but someone got annoyed, so I don't do it anymore.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:48 pm

kk wrote:Thanks COOOOLkid, wow so Scream! is just a straight line up stairs into the station. Does anyone know about X's queue?

X's queue was alot of switch backs, and pink walls with lots of yellow slogans. At least before they changed the themeing. The line was painfully long (3 hours) and seemed to be such a short ride. The whole time I was waiting, I kept seeing Viper's trains cycling wishing i was on that instead.

I was a big fan of Mind Bender's queue at SFOG before they changed it to Riddler theming. There was an awesome sign of this man comming out of an iron lung type device with multiple holes. The man was like all elastic, and his head was coming out where is legs should be, etc. The line itself was ALL underneath huge trees and shaded. You couldn't see the ride from any point in the line, making it seem a lot more exciting once you got on. Also, There were big wooden posts that made up the barriers that were useful as stools.

Now the queue is all wobbly metal railing that snakes through a somewhat shaded area which reveals the first drop and the first loop. LAME.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BJS1981 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 pm

I don't think anyone has mentioned the "Warehouse" portion of B:TR's queue @ SFOG. On a busy day when that queue is filled up..... good lord! :angry: ..... That's a hell of a line AND wait time!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby nitrofan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 pm

BJS1981 wrote:I don't think anyone has mentioned the "Warehouse" portion of B:TR's queue @ SFOG. On a busy day when that queue is filled up..... good lord! :angry: ..... That's a hell of a line AND wait time!

If that thing is full and spilling into the park part of the queue, you should just leave! There is no way that is only 120 mins if the warehouse and city park is full like the sign says. Probably no less than 3 hrs.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!