Roller Coaster Queues

Pictures/Descriptions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Alpenguy » Wed May 23, 2007 11:37 pm

apolloman wrote:im curious to what a dive machine's station looks like.

Oblivion actually has a really unusual queue setup. The ride tandem loads (2 trains at once) and splits the queue very early on, and it's just two wide paths with a chain between going up a big spiralish ramp setup. Then each one splits and goes through a little cage jetway sort of elevated tunnel to the station, where things get even more unusual.

Oblivion tandem loads but has two airgate rows for each row on the train. It's basically labeled like:

{1A}{1B} {2A}{2B} ____ {1C}{1D} {2C}{2D}

One train will pull so it's lined up with the A rows, the one behind it lined up with the C rows. They load, then both depart together with C waiting at the base of the lift until A reaches the top. When the next pair of trains pull in, they line up with the B and D rows, which open and let people board, then the trains dispatch and the process repeats.

It's a pretty cool setup that lets groups figure out how people will be filling up the 8 seat rows with plenty of extra time, and the signs are very well done so it's extremely clear how everything works. I don't think there was an actual grouper, but the guests at Alton Towers didn't even have any need for them and acted very intelligently and courteously. I was shocked the way people perfectly filled up each row in the Nemesis station with 4 people, then everyone waited at the station entry and then filled in rows once that train was loading, every time! On top of all that, all the other guests were great fun to wait and ride with, though trying to understand a really cute girl from Manchester sure was frustrating. :(

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby BrownStreak » Sat May 26, 2007 11:10 am

The stupidest (most stupid?) thing about the Top Thrill Dragqueen queue is that there are huge billboards blocking your view of the track. At least with Raptor and Mantis you have a decent view of the ride while you are waiting. It is also kind of neat that part of Mantis' queue is over water- so as far as non-themed queues those are pretty neat.

SFGAm's old Shockwave queue was a bit odd- it was a loooong straight queue for the most part. The strangest queue was Exterminator at Kennywood- they had this heavily themed indoor queue area but they made you wait outside and then let a bunch of people inside at a time so you were walking raidly through the themed part.

I also always liked ET's indoor queue.
Of the road, but still in a truck...By the way, that's my dog Millie (named after Millennium Force) over there to the left!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby wierdo135 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:48 am

I probably like either Mantis or Raptors queue since you get to watch the coaster while your waiting and it helps you get pumped for the adrenalin. Mean Streak is cool too because you can watch the Ride in the first part and in the second part your surrounded by wood and its kinda cool, even though i've never had an out of station wait for Mean Streak

Papas

Postby Papas » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:47 pm

Heres a video I took of the garden part of BTRs queue at Six Flags St Louis

No longer TPR's Rock Band expert!

Postby thrillgeek » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:14 pm

^That's the longest Queue I've ever seen! Did you make that vid just for this thread? :lolr: What's the point in having that long of a queue? I can see something like that for a long ride but for a Batman clone :shockr:

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Renegade's is just fun. I might post a video in the future of it but yeah here's the switchbacks of it.

Seems So Surreal

Postby mike541x » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:34 pm

I wish I had a better picture of Hurler's at Kd. I love how it goes under the track and through the structure.

Especially at night when the lights underneath light up. Grizzly's goes through the woods, I think that's pretty cool.

Another one I like is Anaconda. You get to see part of the layout up close.

Taken from the Queue
Taken from the Queue.

DelGrosso's Sauce + Enterprise = VOMIT!

Postby Wood Dragon 1988 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:25 pm

Grizzly's goes through the woods

It used to go a lot more through the woods too, till XLC and that damn Go-Kart Track came in. Not only did they take trees out of Grizzly's queue, but the Karts now SHARE Grizzly's queue! And last time I was there, Grizzly didn't even have a sign!

favorites: Any Batman: The Ride, Volcano with the music and without the graffiti, Flight of Fear, DarKastle, Superman at New England, El Toro, Skull Mountain, Dark Knight, Predator, Lightning Racer, Canada's Scooby Doo, Dragon Mountain, Ninja at SFOG

least favorites: Goliath SFOG, anything at Lakemonth because queues don't exist there, Laser, Behemoth, Goliath, Batwing

Won't shut up about Top Gun/Afterburn!

Postby coasterstud522 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:54 am

One I've always liked it Afterburn, the coaster formally known as Top Gun- the jet coaster. It has the look and feel of an aircraft hanger and I've never seen to many terrible lines for it.
COASTER COUNT: 24 (17 Steel, 7 Wooden) I know, It's pathetic

Water slide count TOO MANY!!!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:18 am

This is Superman Ultimate Flight queue at S. F. Great America using the golden qbot.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!