PortAventura Discussion Thread

P. 329 - New Hotel announced and a Sesame Street dark ride
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: PortAventura Discussion Thread

Postby oriolat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 am

Noxegon wrote:A quick review of Shambhala...

Considerably more intense than than Silver Star with some great floating airtime.It does have a bit of a B&M rattle though, and having assigned seating sucks -- especially when front row is basically reserved for those on the top of the line express pass.

Is it a number one? No. Is it the new best hyper in Europe? Depends on whether you like Expedition GeForce or not.

My thoughts exactly. I am especially concerned about the first row express issue.

When you went was Shambhala on 2 or 3 trains? I have seen it just once run 3 trains, and they were stacking all the time and some times even double-stacking... :?r

BTW, I haven't noticed the B&M rattle you're talking about. Perhaps you caught a train with a bad wheel or something but I have had smooth-glass rides on Shambhala...

I'm a culture ho

Postby Noxegon » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:40 pm

It was running two trains and for the most part not stacking.

As regards rattle, I rode six times, so unless I was really unlucky it has a B&M rattle. I didn't get a front (not willing to pay thirty euro for a single front seat ride, thanks) so I can't comment beyond that.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JJLehto » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Man, I wanna get to this park!
Looks such a cool place, and Dragon Khan & Shambhala <3
Top 10: Wicked Cyclone, Millennium Force, Skyrush, I305, El Toro, Bizarro (SF:NE), Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Maverick, Storm Runner
2018 Parks: Busch Gardens Tampa

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Shambhala » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:14 am

That is strange regarding the rattle. I rode it six times at the end of May, mostly on the back seats, and it simply was the smoothest rollercoaster I have ever been on.

Even the ageing Dragon Khan is mostly rattle free.

Now if only Furius Baco was as smooth.... then again, it's not a B&M.
I've experienced more rollercoasters on YouTube than I have in reality!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Trevor » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:28 am

Noxegon wrote:It does have a bit of a B&M rattle though

Rattle on Shambhala? that definitely doesn't exist. Is the smoothest ride of the park, thousands and thousands of people, and myself can corroborate it. I think it's a paranoya to find fails on a ride that is almost perfect.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:37 am

Sounds like the European B&M Rattle is spreading from France to Spain!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:01 am

^And like France, the locals are oblivious to it. :lmao:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:42 am

^LOL! Yeah, I mean, I get it...think about it this way, if the Australians got the World's WORST B&M, they would still think it was god's gift to humanity because there's nothing else to compare it to and it would still probably be in the top three coasters in the country. But these places like Spain and France that are so close (or even have similar) awesome rides, I don't understand the 'sugar coating' going on.

I'm a culture ho

Postby Noxegon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:06 am

Trevor wrote:Rattle on Shambhala? that definitely doesn't exist. Is the smoothest ride of the park.

It is the smoothest ride in the park. In my original post I noted that it had great airtime, and it does; I liked it a lot. But don't try telling me it doesn't have a B&M rattle; it does. If it didn't I'd have ridden more. As it was, I ended up with a mild headache after a few rides in a short period.

ernierocker wrote:^And like France, the locals are oblivious to it. :lmao:

SharkTums wrote:I don't understand the 'sugar coating' going on.

Just for the record, I'm one of those singing the praises of OzIris, and I'm not a local. I'm going to get back there at some point in the not too distant future to validate my theory that something changed on OzIris between when the ECC was there (end-April) and when TPR was there; my bet remains wheel compound.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:08 am

^For what it's worth I do believe you about the ride not having a rattle when it opened...I just find that even more disappointing and I don't know whether to blame B&M (which seems to be introducing their rattle earlier and earlier) or the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!