TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PortAventura Discussion Thread

^I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay at the park. Even though the park has milions of thousands of bad things (especially in operations), I'm glad that you could enjoy your stay! Next time send me a PM and I will show you even more things that you don't even expect!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any food recommendations at the park? Some of the restaurants look quite nice but I'm not sure if there are any that are particularly well regarded. I haven't been impressed by the hotel buffet but Pit Stop at Ferrari Land had really good camilones.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks.

Can I ask you guys - you know the way Shambhala has no time for you if you're carrying some extra weight in your legs (and you get kicked off), but every other coaster seems fine?

What category does the new Ferrari coaster fall into? Is it like Shambhala in that you'll have to do the embarrassing walk off if you're a bit big? Or is it like Baco, Khan, etc. where it doesn't really matter?

The killer on most Intamins is the seat belt, but Red Force doesn't have seat belts so that's definitely a good sign for you. I didn't notice anyone getting the walk of shame on Red Force during my two days there, but I saw 2-3 get it at Shambhala.

It's looking a lot like this was a bad year to open a new theme park in Catalonia. Anyone know how or if the weekend's events changed the number of people coming in the gate?

I'm keeping a close eye on the situation and see how it develops since I plan to go to Spain (including Madrid parks and PA) next year. I have a Netherlands trip ready as a backup in case things escalate.

I'm planning a trip at the beginning of next September (when it is expected to be still open till midnight). What are the expected waiting times for the main rides? Would an Express pass be of any benefit? I can purchase a Premium Gold pass for the full duration of the stay (two days) for €50.

I'm planning a trip at the beginning of next September (when it is expected to be still open till midnight). What are the expected waiting times for the main rides? Would an Express pass be of any benefit? I can purchase a Premium Gold pass for the full duration of the stay (two days) for €50.

I would definitely recommend getting fast track. Operations are awful, especially if you don't get fast track. Probably expect shambhala and furious backs queues to be around 1.5 hours. The other major coasters will have queues of probably 30 mins, except Dragon Khan which I would expect to be around an hour.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This week, from today to sunday, it’s celebrated FITUR (International Tourism Trade Fair) in Madrid.

It is expected to expose details about kids area at Ferrari Land.

DTrXTaDW0AEiqYF.jpg

But yesterday, a spanish newspaper published the names and concept of the new 5 kiddie rides:

• Champions Race: simulate the driving of a Ferrari
  • Crazy Pistons: 2 attractions inspired by the movement of the pistons
  • Junior Red Force: children’s adaptation of Red Force coaster
  • Kid’s Tower: rebound tower and free fall (9 meters)

Also, at the main park PortAventura Park will have a new attracion (The House of Woody Woodpecker) and a new character for SesamoAventura area, Big Bird.

La Rueda Mecanica (The Mechanical Wheel) - Ferrari Land

La Rueda Mecanica (The Mechanical Wheel) - PortAventura World

Edited by vicarpi

Today, we have the new map at FITUR (International Tourism Trade Fair) in Madrid:

decf25bf8f053c986aeeb53d425868082e9f1158.jpeg?w=1170&ssl=1

6866e0e20704731d525ca0f9f4bb2fddfa8a7397.jpeg?w=1170&ssl=1

PAC

With the description of yesterday at a spanish newspaper and the map of today, the rides could be these:

[*]Kid’s Tower:

• Type: bounce tower and free fall
  • Manufacturer: ¿SBF Visa Group?
  • Model: ¿Drop’n Twist 9 mt. 8 seats?
  • Height: 9 meters
  • Capacity: 8 persons

La Rueda Mecanica (The Mechanical Wheel)

Edited by vicarpi

The main reason to visit Ferrari Land will always be Red Force, that is also why I visited this park last year. But it is great to see them adding new rides to Ferrari Land, even when it are all kids rides. Every addition is good for this park, because as Canobie Coaster said, it definitely is not a full day park.

PortAventura posted the arworks and data for the attractions.

This would be the summary:

And the artworks:

Champions Race:

39725906342_72a1b46455_b.jpg?resize=796%2C976&ssl=1

Crazy Pistons:

25885938148_83fa46c945_b.jpg?resize=796%2C976&ssl=1

Junior Red Force:

27978873989_245e86e2f2_b.jpg?resize=792%2C972&ssl=1

Kid's Tower:

25885934738_bcc3c66a5c_b.jpg?resize=792%2C978&ssl=1

Red Baron:

27978871859_9a77f264f4_b.jpg?resize=790%2C974&ssl=1

La Rueda Mecanica (The Mechanical Wheel)

Today, we have the new map at FITUR (International Tourism Trade Fair) in Madrid:

decf25bf8f053c986aeeb53d425868082e9f1158.jpeg?w=1170&ssl=1

6866e0e20704731d525ca0f9f4bb2fddfa8a7397.jpeg?w=1170&ssl=1

PAC

I am glad they're using the space near that stage for these new rides, it did feel like ''dead space'' and the shows were mostly a waste of time given nobody was actually going to that part of the park.

Ferrari Land at PortAventura represents no value for money at all, so to see them adding new attractions is a good thing, in 2019 I hope they decide to add to their thrill ride lineup as well.

im planning 2 days trip.. I was thinking of spending the morning and the lunch in the ferrari land and the rest of the day in the portavantura .. the next day it was all in the portaventura .. What do you guys think? maybe still buy a fast track too

I didn't get their Express Pass during my visit. Most rides were walk-ons, except the 4 major coasters. Baco and Red Force were manageable 15 minute waits, but Shambhala and Dragon Khan were 30 minutes the entire day. The latter two were only running one train which was the main culprit.

The main reason I didn't get the Express Pass is because of the park's seating policy on the coasters, particularly with Shambhala. If you don't mind your seat on Shambhala or Dragon Khan, you'll get a ton of rides with Express Pass since you were always placed on the next train. Here's what I observed on 3 of them.

Shambhala- There's no assigned seating, it's first come, first serve for each row. They didn't allow you to wait an extra train for a row. All rows had to be filled. They would let the main queue in first. They'd fill half the train with the standard queue and then they'd let the Express Pass guests into the station. If any seats remained, they'd reopen the regular queue. Since the Express Pass didn't get first pick, they had a low chance of getting the best seats in the front or back.

Dragon Khan- There's assigned seating. The attendant assigned the Express Pass riders in the middle rows.

Red Force- The attendant assigns seats front to back. From what I saw, they loaded Express Pass guests first, so they had a higher chance of getting the best seat in front.