Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby grsupercity » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:59 am

Id love for Vekoma to make a compact, low to the ground Hyper that cedar fair and six flags could clone and drop in all there parks that dont have a hyper.
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:42 pm

jrkstl wrote:
It sat where Ninja is now located, which is on the site of 1/2 of the Runaway Mine Train that was sold to Dollywood. The year of the Condor (tee hee) was 1987, I believe. That year the soon-to-be-sold mine train half sat unused for the year, and a chunk of track after the second lift was removed for the Condor. It was odd to see the track just hanging in the air, but that's what they did.

Why am I not surprised?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby bachir » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:35 pm

prozach626 wrote:
bachir wrote:Some even suggested it could be sold.

bachir wrote:No, I never mentioned on here that the park could be for sale.

Choose your words more carefully. I'm still wondering who suggested the park could be sold. I think it's just you.

The Tomorrow Society Podcast Episode 50: A visit to Six Flags St. Louis, August 20, 2018. The last 10 minutes or so were dedicated to trashing the park and wondering if it could be sold or just closed. Give it a listen. And no, I am not Dan Heaton.

Postby thrillrider » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:41 pm

Screamscape has reported that panda Express is being replaced with a chop six.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:21 pm

^^ Oh man, some dude made a podcast about it? Gotta be legit then.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby castaway_kid » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:47 pm

thrillrider wrote:Screamscape has reported that panda Express is being replaced with a chop six.

Yup, they had a van there closing night of Fright Fest cleaning up their stuff. When their contract was signed, it was through the end of the season, but that was years ago before HIP was in the equation and the park didn't want to renew or extend.

Postby prozach626 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:59 pm

bachir wrote:
prozach626 wrote:
bachir wrote:Some even suggested it could be sold.

bachir wrote:No, I never mentioned on here that the park could be for sale.

Choose your words more carefully. I'm still wondering who suggested the park could be sold. I think it's just you.

The Tomorrow Society Podcast Episode 50: A visit to Six Flags St. Louis, August 20, 2018. The last 10 minutes or so were dedicated to trashing the park and wondering if it could be sold or just closed. Give it a listen. And no, I am not Dan Heaton.

I'm not listening to some nerdy podcast. Their opinions aren't weighted anymore than ours.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Danrarbc » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:45 am

Panda leaving is great news. At minimum this means the park gets one more wholly-owned restaurant to provide dining pass food. This means two new options in three years with Fowl Ball opening. The quality of Chop Six is at least equal to Panda (although the SFSL Panda gave me food poisoning so I'm probably more against it than most).

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby thisdougsforu » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:17 pm

Just listened to the last 10 mins of that podcast per the recommendation here. Some well articulated points, most of which have been discussed here, reflecting on his visit during the time when a lot of the attractions were down. Always interesting hearing thoughts on the park that are done in a well put together manner. Thanks for posting the link.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Danrarbc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:51 am

thisdougsforu wrote:Just listened to the last 10 mins of that podcast per the recommendation here. Some well articulated points, most of which have been discussed here, reflecting on his visit during the time when a lot of the attractions were down. Always interesting hearing thoughts on the park that are done in a well put together manner. Thanks for posting the link.

With maybe one exception the rides being down weren't necessarily the Park's fault though. That isn't really a very good point regardless of how well articulated it was.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!