Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot], jynx242 and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby SteveStL » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:38 am

This thread would look so much different if we just had a B&M Hyper :?r

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:09 am

SteveStL wrote:This thread would look so much different if we just had a B&M Hyper :?r

But then enthusiasts would complain that they got a B&M hyper instead of an Intamin hyper like Hyperion. It's a vicious cycle that never ends.

Six Flags knows how to run their own park to their liking. Whether their liking is our liking is to be determined, but the park is still there, still getting new investments here and there, and still under Six Flags' ownership.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:55 pm

A.J. wrote:
SteveStL wrote:This thread would look so much different if we just had a B&M Hyper :?r

But then enthusiasts would complain that they got a B&M hyper instead of an Intamin hyper like Hyperion. It's a vicious cycle that never ends.

Maybe at other parks, but trust me, us St. Louisians on here would stop complaining for years if we got a B&M hyper. I think we'd take a Vekoma hyper at this point :lol:
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:00 pm

^Doubtful. No one is ever happy with what they have.

Build a hyper - People will complain that we need a modern family coaster
Build a modern family coaster - people will complain that we need a modern family coaster
Build both - People will still bitch about the food

A.J. wrote:Six Flags knows how to run their own park to their liking. Whether their liking is our liking is to be determined, but the park is still there, still getting new investments here and there, and still under Six Flags' ownership.

I wish I could shake your hand right now and buy you a Coke. Well said.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:53 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:I think we'd take a Vekoma hyper at this point :lol:

Actually unrelated to the current discussion: a Vekoma hyper today would probably be freaking awesome based on what they've been doing recently in Poland and what's under construction in eastern Asia. See Lech coaster for example. Anyway back to our regularly scheduled SFStL b*tching :p
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Danrarbc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:36 am

I was about to say. A Vekoma at this point would be wonderful. They're doing good work. And for good prices to try to gain market share again.

Then again is there much of a difference between them and S&S now given the shared ownership?

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:01 am

Vekoma had a proposed hyper for Energylandia and it looked great. They ended up going with Intamin but Vekoma's first hyper concept looked very promising
As of right now top 25
Maverick...Lightning Run...Fury325...Phantoms Revenge...Shivering Timbers...Montu...:lighting Rod...Afterburn...Mako...Storm Chaser...Goliath SFGAM...Rivine flyer2...Manta...Raging Bull ...American Thunder...Intimidator...Kumba...Millennium Force...Raptor...Voyage...Mine Blower...Renegade...Cheetah Hunt...Mr Freeze
Is that 26?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:58 am

Off topic from the hyper discussion, does anyone know where in the park the huss condor ride (part of the ride rotation program) was?

just curious
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Cypress Adventures

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 am

grsupercity wrote:Vekoma had a proposed hyper for Energylandia and it looked great. They ended up going with Intamin but Vekoma's first hyper concept looked very promising

Do you have a link for this?

Edit: Found it https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/5dya4d/ride_profile_of_proposed_energylandia_vekoma_hyper/

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby jrkstl » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:04 am

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:Off topic from the hyper discussion, does anyone know where in the park the huss condor ride (part of the ride rotation program) was?

just curious

Yes, I do...

It sat where Ninja is now located, which is on the site of 1/2 of the Runaway Mine Train that was sold to Dollywood. The year of the Condor (tee hee) was 1987, I believe. That year the soon-to-be-sold mine train half sat unused for the year, and a chunk of track after the second lift was removed for the Condor. It was odd to see the track just hanging in the air, but that's what they did.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!