Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby teacherkim » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 pm

It really does suck. One careless woman and not only is the ride shut down for everyone else (maybe permanently) but look at the money it will cost the park. Truly bad luck for SFSTL, when there was apparently no wrongdoing on their part. They probably won't but I hope they fight her in court instead of just giving in and settling. Wonder if that will impact future decisions on new rides for us?

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Danrarbc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 pm

I can't see this closing the slide for good. As you say people lose grip of tubes every day. Six Flags is just facing a PR issue because this happened to be day one.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 am

Good news!! Typhoon Twister was open yesterday!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby teacherkim » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 am

Good! I was a little worried that they would have a PR problem after the news story was bringing up the whole KC slide fiasco at the same time as reporting on TT.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:22 am

^I hadn't thought of that. I'm glad the media didn't rope those two together. You know if they'd thought about it they would have been all over it.

Is Xcalibur still closed?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:31 am

Yes, Xcalibur is still closed, along with Colossus and Shazam. Also, Tsunami Soaker and Fireball have been closed a lot recently. Fireball doesn't even have the train on it anymore. Tsunami Soaker has been down for about a week or so.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Danrarbc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:42 am

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:Yes, Xcalibur is still closed, along with Colossus and Shazam. Also, Tsunami Soaker and Fireball have been closed a lot recently. Fireball doesn't even have the train on it anymore. Tsunami Soaker has been down for about a week or so.

Tsunami Soaker is just down for staffing reasons as far as I know. Obviously Fireball is getting work done - wonder if something broke or if there was a change made for the larger model in Chicago that they've decided to pull in and use on ours.

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Well... Sounds like I haven't missed anything this season. Is it time for HITP, yet?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby parkjunkie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm

I hate saying this, but this year has been one of the worst I've seen in 15 years. The 2018 season is a wash, SFSTL staff is doing everything in their power to try, but corporate doesn't seem to care to help and give the proper resources and funding. Lets hope with all the down time this year, that everything is ready to go for 2019.... smh

Postby Vonni » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:31 pm

I was at the park today. The lines were very manageable due to it being so hot and the majority of the crowd being at the water park. A few notes:

I did not notice if Typhoon Twister was operating. But as has been mentioned before, Fireball, Excalibur, Colossus, and Shazam were all closed.

Food lines were the most managable I have seen them in years! (I still left the park to eat though).

So many of the buildings are looking terrible! Siding fading and falling off and roofs literally crumbling! I dont get why things are left to such a state.

I had a parking entrance attendant try to charge me to re-enter the parking lot! He scanned my membership card and said "you have already used this today". I told him I left to eat, and that is my membership pass. He then asked me for my reciept from my previous entry. I told him I didnt get one. I then reiterated that I have a membership and it includes parking. He then hesitantly told me to go on. I have NEVER experienced anything like that before. I dont even know what to make of it. I mean, is communication throughout the park employees really THAT Bad?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!