Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1067 - Typhoon Twister to be added to waterpark for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: Vonni and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:45 pm

I wouldn't even think about it with my 5 1/2 weeks...

:evil:

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby HWFan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 am

This morning I got to see some of the July Fourth Fest stuff for the first time this year. Compared to previous years, they amped up the event like crazy! DC Comics Plaza is full of all kinds of fun promotions, special food items, a Schafly beer truck/tent (Prozach, you might want to come), and other things. The most impressive part though might be all of the red, white, and blue decorations. They include the JLBM outdoor queue fence, lots of bunting and signs on the train trestle there, and every lamp post wrapped in garland. Then the Palace Theater looks really nice with its red, white, and blue flags (which will soon be traded for green, purple, and yellow in sure). They also have had live music, foam parties, and my favorite part, the nightly fireworks display.

In the past, I always thought that what they did for the July Fourth Fest still made it a great event, but they really did a great job at improving an already solid event this year.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby SteveStL » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:05 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:St. Louis is a decent sized city really, about 2 million.

STL Metro is about 3 million actually, including Illinois Metro East.

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Figures that I'm working tomorrow through next Thursday with only Sunday off. Sounds really cool, though.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:13 pm

SteveStL wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:St. Louis is a decent sized city really, about 2 million.

STL Metro is about 3 million actually, including Illinois Metro East.

We don't count those losers in Illinois.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Ouch!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby teacherkim » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:54 am

So sorry to interrupt this burgeoning MO-IL border war of insults BUT, did they reopen the new slide yet?

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Nah. They sold it to Raging Rivers and are in the process of replacing it with a diving board.

I don't know if anyone has talked about it, but for those who have been to the park this year are there any minor updates or areas that have been cleaned up?

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Danrarbc » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 pm

prozach626 wrote:Nah. They sold it to Raging Rivers and are in the process of replacing it with a diving board.

I don't know if anyone has talked about it, but for those who have been to the park this year are there any minor updates or areas that have been cleaned up?

Yes there have been plenty of areas where worn wood has been replaced on fences and railings. The midways have been mostly resealed. New coats of paint in plenty of places. HVAC work seems to have been done in some public spaces (but sadly none of the ride queues that have it - Mr Freeze is still hot as heck and Eagle still has trees growing out of its system). Nothing of note in the water park that I can tell. Several of the permanent snack stands have received railing to control the lines that can develop.

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:01 pm

^ Good to know. Is there any new lighting in the park?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!