Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1195 - Supergirl (Zamperla Endeavour) announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:56 am

KI is probably my favorite park considering proximity to home. The park is well kept and the night lighting is incredible, let alone four excellent night ride coasters. Even during the Haunt, I've never waited more than ten minutes to get on a ride with Fast Lane Plus. During the regular season FL+ make most rides walk-on. The selection variety at this park is also amazing. Also, Beer Man is everywhere with no beer prison.

I can't say enough good things about that park and I'm excited for our annual trip to the park on the 23rd where the operating hours are 10am-12am.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Stagman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:42 am

prozach626 wrote:KI is probably my favorite park considering proximity to home. The park is well kept and the night lighting is incredible, let alone four excellent night ride coasters. Even during the Haunt, I've never waited more than ten minutes to get on a ride with Fast Lane Plus. During the regular season FL+ make most rides walk-on. The selection variety at this park is also amazing. Also, Beer Man is everywhere with no beer prison.

I can't say enough good things about that park and I'm excited for our annual trip to the park on the 23rd where the operating hours are 10am-12am.

I really wish SFSL had later hours. Riding the coasters at night adds to a great experience for me.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:47 am

With a KI budget, SFStL could honestly be one of the best Six Flags parks. A signature steel coaster (the infamous hyper, for example, or RMC Boss even though Boss rocks anyway) could really push it up there. Eagle and Boss at night sound amazing. The setting against the wooded hill makes the park look so pretty too.
1. Millennium Force | 2. New Texas Giant | 3. Outlaw Run | 4. Maverick | 5. Iron Rattler | 6. The Voyage | 7. Goliath (SFGAm) | 8. Time Traveler | 9. Raging Bull | 10. Diamondback

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:42 am

Wanted to show some photos of the Typhoon Twister. I think this still has 2-3 weeks left of construction. So who knows when it will be open.
IMG_3025.JPG
IMG_3026.JPG
IMG_3028.JPG
IMG_3029.JPG
IMG_3030.JPG
IMG_3031.JPG
IMG_3032.JPG
IMG_3033.JPG
IMG_3035.JPG

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RollerManic » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:14 am

That looks a hundred times better than what once stood there. I love these types of slides and couldn't be happier about this addition.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Danrarbc » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:54 pm

While I don't know what kind of pump house work is needed that queue definitely isn't two+ weeks of work if they don't want it to be.

Postby cal1br3tto » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:56 pm

I really like the color scheme, and especially the black and white stripes! Bet I'd like this if I were into waterslides.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Looks really good! I like how they're using the old runout area for the queue.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SuicideDoorLincoln » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:25 am

HWFan wrote:^Even though I'm only 21 and have worked at the park since 2013, I have actually heard of this. When Dave and I went on our tour of the back roads in the winter of 2015, we spent some time back in the area between Tidal Wave and the new McBride development. He pointed out some poles and a few other things to me and told me about how they were left over from the demolition derby arena. I'll see if I can find anything else out because that's about all I got.

Ever hear anymore about county fair days? Miss the 80's and 90's lol

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby theymitbgi » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:24 pm

SuicideDoorLincoln wrote:
HWFan wrote:^Even though I'm only 21 and have worked at the park since 2013, I have actually heard of this. When Dave and I went on our tour of the back roads in the winter of 2015, we spent some time back in the area between Tidal Wave and the new McBride development. He pointed out some poles and a few other things to me and told me about how they were left over from the demolition derby arena. I'll see if I can find anything else out because that's about all I got.

Ever hear anymore about county fair days? Miss the 80's and 90's lol

How bout Spring Breakout, still remember riding Thunder River with Tony Hawk..

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!