TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Cool, well if we're going the fantasy route, let's replace Superman with Tower of Terror, River King with Big Thunder Mountain, and Justice League with Spiderman.

I didn't say it's going to happen or will ever happen, I just said it would be nice.

Getting a world's first Strata lift hill coaster would be nice too. And a 5 flat ride package. And a new entrance plaza plus full parking resurface.

None of it will happen. I'm just saying it would be nice

Cool, well if we're going the fantasy route, let's replace Superman with Tower of Terror, River King with Big Thunder Mountain, and Justice League with Spiderman.

I didn't say it's going to happen or will ever happen, I just said it would be nice.

We are just a bunch of Jaded SFSTL fans ... nothing wrong with anything you said.

We are just a bunch of Jaded SFSTL fans ... nothing wrong with anything you said.

I guess we're past talking about things we would like to see now, which is a sad state for the community. Whether you like what the park's been adding the past 10 years or not, you have to realize that there's a certain level of acceptance that we'll never be as big or as advanced as the other parks that goes with being a fan. Is it a bummer that we haven't had a ground-up coaster since 2008? Of course it is. But you can't let what we don't have detract from your enjoyment of what we do have. Sooner or later we'll get something "notable", no matter how impossible you all may think that is.

Yes. I've been 5 times this year, up from 3 in 2017 and 2 in 2016.

Add four to that from Emily and I visiting twice. Add another two, because my brother & sister in-laws went with us on one visit. Total hours in the park for me... 6. Ask FB and have the other users chime in for a more accurate perspective.

Tallying up everyone's attendance, we get 16 visits in 2018 (which will become 17 w/Vonni's HITP visit), at least 5 in 2017, and at least 3 in 2016.

With some math, we can calculate that SFStL has had a record breaking ~200% increase in attendance from 2016 and 2017 combined!

This park is doing insane, you guys totally deserve a raptor

A lot of accusations lately that SFStL is a park in major decline. Some even suggested it could be sold. I'd be curious if there is any data to support that. Does SFStL release attendance numbers? Or for that matter does the HQ release attendance numbers across all parks nationally?

A lot of accusations lately that SFStL is a park in major decline. Some even suggested it could be sold. I'd be curious if there is any data to support that. Does SFStL release attendance numbers? Or for that matter does the HQ release attendance numbers across all parks nationally?

I haven't heard those rumors but I don't think the park will be sold, just doesn't seem to be in the cards.

You need to learn how to speak fluent enthusiast. "The park is in decline and should be sold" (or variations of that phrase) is something commonly repeated by enthusiasts when a park doesn't give them the shiny new giga coaster they want so they try to convince themselves that attendance is down with no evidence of it being true so they can validate their bitching by inferring that everyone else agrees with them.

A lot of accusations lately that SFStL is a park in major decline. Some even suggested it could be sold.

Sure. And these accusations are all from people who have no idea what they're talking about. SF is buying parks, not selling them.

And to answer the other question. No, Six Flags doesn't release park-level attendance numbers. All we have are rumors. And the rumors are almost always that the St Louis Park is very profitable with pretty steady attendance figures.

Which I suppose is a blessing and a curse. if the figures stay pretty steady even after the addition of a new ride then there you go that's why we don't get big new additions.

As for the possible sale of the park I doubt that'll happen. But maybe Six Flags doesn't want to own their Parks anymore they've been signing a lot of lease and operating agreements recently. So if anything you may see a portion sold to reduce the real estate assets but the park stays Six Flags. But there is little indication that the corporation wants to reduce real estate assets - the agreements signed aren't a strong indicator if the parks weren't for sale.

Edited by Danrarbc

As for the possible sale of the park I doubt that'll happen. But maybe Six Flags doesn't want to own their Parks anymore they've been signing a lot of lease and operating agreements recently. So if anything you may see a portion sold to reduce the real estate assets but the park stays Six Flags. But there is little indication that the corporation wants to reduce real estate assets - the agreements signed aren't a strong indicator if the parks weren't for sale.

You basically just adopted the "compliment sandwich" format but with sanity where the compliments would go while trying to soften the blow of the crazy sh*t in the middle. I guess it's a sanity sandwich. Is that a thing?