Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

P. 1067 - Typhoon Twister to be added to waterpark for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: Imagineer55, VegasBaby, Yubstep101 and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:05 pm

After this past season Emily and I really felt like the Eagle gave us our most fun rides of the season. It really might be the crown jewel of the park. We always sit in the middle for a smoother ride. How can you tell which seat is a wheel seat?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby TNT » Sat May 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I ended up preferring the Boss in (2nd to) back. I didn't notice it any smoother or rougher between those two seats so I'll take the added air on the drops. I just made sure to avoid wheel seats.

Boss is a front car or back car ride. The cars in the middle are a gamble.

prozach626 wrote:After this past season Emily and I really felt like the Eagle gave us our most fun rides of the season. It really might be the crown jewel of the park. We always sit in the middle for a smoother ride. How can you tell which seat is a wheel seat?

On Boss the "wheel seats" are the second row of each car right above the articulating axle. I don't think Eagle has articulating axles and has the wheels bolted directly to the chassis which is why it squeals in the turns.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Danrarbc » Sat May 26, 2018 7:08 pm

Typhoon Twister did miss opening day. In fact two pretty major segments of slide are still in the parking lot (the section connecting the half pipe turn to the splashdown and the section at the top connecting the tower to the rest of the ride) wonder why they'd have ever set a 5/26 open date though. Shazam, Colossus and Tsunami Soaker all down today. The entire tube slide tower complex was down so none of those were open. Absolutely none of the water sprayers were out and turned on either, in either park.

The park really doesn't seem like it's at all ready for Memorial Day weekend. Downtime is expected early in the season, but this seems excessive now. Shazam being down in particular it doesn't seem to make much sense because the cars are relatively simple and there are a ton of these rides everywhere.
Last edited by Danrarbc on Sat May 26, 2018 11:12 pm.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby TNT » Sat May 26, 2018 8:15 pm

Danrarbc wrote:Shazam being down in particular it doesn't seem to make much sense because the cars are relatively simple and there are a ton of these rides everywhere.

I'm just guessing, but it is possible that they are waiting for new cars. Eli Bridge is not a very big company so it would take time for them to fill the order. Also they probably won't have a bunch of Scrambler cars lying around since they should last decades before they need to be replaced.

Postby Danrarbc » Sat May 26, 2018 9:48 pm

TNT wrote:
Danrarbc wrote:Shazam being down in particular it doesn't seem to make much sense because the cars are relatively simple and there are a ton of these rides everywhere.

I'm just guessing, but it is possible that they are waiting for new cars. Eli Bridge is not a very big company so it would take time for them to fill the order. Also they probably won't have a bunch of Scrambler cars lying around since they should last decades before they need to be replaced.

Whole new cars? Guess that could explain it. Didn't seem to be in bad shape at all though.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby teacherkim » Sun May 27, 2018 7:19 am

Danrarbc wrote:Typhoon Twister did miss opening day. In fact two pretty major segments of slide are still in the parking lot (the section connecting the half pipe turn to the splashdown and the section at the top connecting the tower to the rest of the ride) wonder why they'd have ever set a 5/26 open date though. Shazam, Colossus and Tsunami Soaker all down today. The entire tube slide tower complex was down so none of those were open. Absolutely none of the water sprayers were out and turned on either, in either park.

The park really doesn't seem like it's at all ready for Memorial Day weekend. Downtime is expected early in the season, but this seems excessive now. Shazam being down in particular it doesn't seem to make much sense because the cars are relatively simple and there are a ton of these rides everywhere.

Hmm...... Too bad about Typhoon Twister. Does anyone in the know have an idea of when it will likely open? Would think it would be a priority since it is the new ride for the year. Have friends with kids wanting to utilize our bff to go to the water park.

Postby Danrarbc » Sun May 27, 2018 11:57 am

teacherkim wrote:
Danrarbc wrote:Typhoon Twister did miss opening day. In fact two pretty major segments of slide are still in the parking lot (the section connecting the half pipe turn to the splashdown and the section at the top connecting the tower to the rest of the ride) wonder why they'd have ever set a 5/26 open date though. Shazam, Colossus and Tsunami Soaker all down today. The entire tube slide tower complex was down so none of those were open. Absolutely none of the water sprayers were out and turned on either, in either park.

Hmm...... Too bad about Typhoon Twister. Does anyone in the know have an idea of when it will likely open? Would think it would be a priority since it is the new ride for the year. Have friends with kids wanting to utilize our bff to go to the water park.

Considering the rate that they appear to have been installing the ride, and the number of non holiday work days ahead? I don't think it'll be ready by next weekend I think it might take 2 weeks.

I was in the water park all day Saturday. The only thing they managed to install was the lip on the edge of the wave wall turn.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby teacherkim » Mon May 28, 2018 2:36 pm

Rats. I was hoping it would be ready by the week of June 4. I have a free ticket from another source (not SF bff) and was hoping to take our friends that week when it would presumably be a little less crowded as the next week is bff for all passholders.

If anyone gets news on its opening date, please, let us know!

Postby Danrarbc » Mon May 28, 2018 8:47 pm

teacherkim wrote:Rats. I was hoping it would be ready by the week of June 4. I have a free ticket from another source (not SF bff) and was hoping to take our friends that week when it would presumably be a little less crowded as the next week is bff for all passholders.

If anyone gets news on its opening date, please, let us know!

I could be wrong. As I said before some communication from the park would be nice. AFAIK they haven't acknowledged missing the date yet.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby thisdougsforu » Tue May 29, 2018 8:33 am

It's really weird they can't open a water slide on time, but then again it's also odd to see many other attractions down still even though we are officially "in season". Hopefully it's up soon though.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!