TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

The park truly seems to make the most out of any of its new attractions.

Not knocking the SFSTL crew and maintenance, but the thing is Down more that it is Up - SBNO.

Maybe they should have stuck with the old Tech.

You would be assuming that the new lift system has caused most of the down time (and slightly implying that the stunt Boomerang pulled last year was related to the lift system), which would be incorrect.

Yes I was... it just seemed the new lift system was the likely cause.

Edited by SteveStL

I'm excited for the Mardi Gras parade, but I'm having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around why corporate thought it was a good idea to send out a parade to two seperate parks right after the other, except multiple months after the actual holiday it's named after.

It's really bizzare to me, to me it's like having Holiday in the Park in the middle of March. I think it's especially not great for the general public, I don't think it's a great idea to lead people to believe that Mardi Gras is just a broad holiday that can be celebrated whenever instead of celebrating on the actual historical date and preserving it's meaning.

I mean whatever, at the end of the day this is the first parade at the park in nearly a decade so at least we actually have one that we can look forward to. I just feel like this was in a little bit of poor taste in respect to the actual timing of the holiday and preserving it's meaning for people that do celebrate the holiday for its religious aspect, especially for a park that seems to be very engaged with it's Christian guests with the Christian Family Days concerts and private events and such.

its too cold to be open in February - and I think its more of a festival and celebration in general nowdays than the observance of a actual religious holiday in most places.

I think its strange considering the park USED to be THEMED with a New Orleans Area. and now not so much.

Kevin

I understand the strategy of having events that will encourage people to be season pass holders and draw them back to the park, but a Mardi Gras parade won't be that event for us. If we happen to be there when it's happening, we'll likely not even pay much attention.

I wish SFSTL would jump on board with what some of the CF parks are doing with BBQ/Brew events or Food Truck festivals. Actually, didn't they do a food truck festival last year or am I thinking of another park?

^ SFGAdv has been having a food truck festival the last couple of years now in the spring. I haven't been able to attend yet, but it's gotten pretty strong reviews and definitely brings in people who wouldn't otherwise visit the park.

I wish SFSTL would jump on board with what some of the CF parks are doing with BBQ/Brew events or Food Truck festivals. Actually, didn't they do a food truck festival last year or am I thinking of another park?

I believe they had some food trucks during HITP to help relieve the Culinary Service peeps and it was pretty well received. Otherwise, I don't think they had an actual food truck festival (or food trucks at all, come to think of it).

There will be some food trucks serving Cajun and southern BBQ style food for the Mardi Gras festival. After seeing a list of the special food items and entertainment offerings, it'll be great to see the Palace garden area so alive! The parade will begin at Tidal Wave and end by Joker Inc. It'll run every night at 7:00 (except a Saturday at the beginning of July when it'll be at 3:30). But seriously, I cannot state enough how excited I am for this food! A lot of existing stands will be serving a few special Mardi Gras Festival items, but a lot of the culinary offerings will be served at special locations by the Palace theater or in buffet form in the catering grove. And I know that beer is your preference, prozach, but for those interested, there'll also be some seasonal alcoholic beverages.

If nobody posts any by Thursday, I'll get some pictures of the decorations and overall festivities. Although, my favorite decoration is the big alligator added to Dave's fountain in the front mall.

We will be there tomorrow, mostly to do the water park this time, but looking forward to the special food. Will try to take a few minutes to give a really brief trip report, but we're leaving for vacation on Sat so no promises.

Well I didn't mean to lie but apparently I did. Last minute issue and we will not be going today. Probably won't get back til after our vacation (although we will be visiting SFMM for the first time) so I look forward to some reports on the Mardi Gras thing and the food trucks.

There will be some food trucks serving Cajun and southern BBQ style food for the Mardi Gras festival. After seeing a list of the special food items and entertainment offerings, it'll be great to see the Palace garden area so alive! The parade will begin at Tidal Wave and end by Joker Inc. It'll run every night at 7:00 (except a Saturday at the beginning of July when it'll be at 3:30). But seriously, I cannot state enough how excited I am for this food! A lot of existing stands will be serving a few special Mardi Gras Festival items, but a lot of the culinary offerings will be served at special locations by the Palace theater or in buffet form in the catering grove. And I know that beer is your preference, prozach, but for those interested, there'll also be some seasonal alcoholic beverages.

If nobody posts any by Thursday, I'll get some pictures of the decorations and overall festivities. Although, my favorite decoration is the big alligator added to Dave's fountain in the front mall.

Poor gator has had his four front teeth broken off though

Poor gator has had his four front teeth broken off though

By guests? If so, that's why we can't have nice things.

I gotta say the Mardi Gras Festival was pretty nice. The food was amazing. You can even use your season dining pass for it as well. Here are a few photos. The parade was actually really neat. They do cast some of the members of the parade from guests at the park. That would be pretty exciting for some guests! The Festival and Parade will take place each Wednesday–Sunday, June 21–July 16

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

IMG_8436.thumb.JPG.ba203766da02ba8bdc87603503402ba8.JPG

IMG_8437.thumb.JPG.d4c0a72fae03cfdaf5034cc12d17bff5.JPG

IMG_8438.thumb.JPG.29d26801a53e079a4d512dd5c46ffdd3.JPG

IMG_8440.thumb.JPG.6c5abbfe087b9d90ecab4851d73c4081.JPG

IMG_8441.thumb.JPG.f0ed48a265e72eda83f0be4f4eb1c2f7.JPG

IMG_8442.thumb.JPG.9cc7b48c29216e783f027ff5b3e78ae0.JPG

IMG_8443.thumb.JPG.69d51fc188fb54c1f77992cf918d0099.JPG

Cajun Food Truck

IMG_8444.thumb.JPG.a012676a677b1135ec21f6b5be0fa16e.JPG

Jazz Band

IMG_8446.thumb.JPG.26a3f38b3a96d48b0f1e12740df96f5d.JPG

Margarita, really good and you get a nice souvenir cup!

IMG_8449.thumb.JPG.774d1b22c76579719d5cc9dba72a0634.JPG

My son

IMG_8451.thumb.JPG.11f53c517ad0838b8b7ade4ca9efc08e.JPG

Cajun Shrimp. It was really good and highly recommend it!

IMG_8456.thumb.JPG.6bc8ee120e1772dd963a878fea1aeaaa.JPG

Cajun Shrimp with Sidewinder Fries

IMG_8471.thumb.JPG.7c1b39d7d03c48a0778a5c25bdda3ec3.JPG

Parade route

IMG_8498.thumb.JPG.86c7270112c2f68c44fd57a720a092f8.JPG

Wish we would've ate here for lunch!

IMG_8476.thumb.JPG.71e21abf9eb7f55a808edeffd3219d4e.JPG

My kids after getting ton of FREE beads!!

LMFAO... I really don't get the Mardi Gras in July decision, but whatever. Looks kind of fun and like people are enjoying it. The food and drink aspect seems to be the best part. I guess it's nice for people who want the New Orleans vibe without the smell of vomit and piss or without every other person asking you if you want to buy weed or cocaine. That's a plus. The parade looks as cheesy as any park show/parade, but that's just not by 'bag.' The Margarita and Cajun Food truck look perfectly delicious.

although we will be visiting SFMM for the first time

I hope you guys have a good trip. Let us know how everything goes!

Yes, you definitely made a mistake in passing up the Cajun Buffet!

Looks great, from the list of food available. Cocktails list looks nice, too.

And in some places they do "Christmas In July," so why not Mardi Gras in July, too?

Very nice TR - thanks for sharing it.

And in some places they do "Christmas In July," so why not Mardi Gras in July, too?

Haha. I don't know, man. St. Louis is supposedly the 2nd largest Mardi Gras celebration in the US. For that reason, I associate getting shit faced drunk at 7am with being freezing cold and still having a blast. Granted those memories were from at least five years ago, but I'm not sure there is any other way to do Mardi Gras...

Trains keep getting stuck on Freeze when coming back to the station this season, causing big delays for maintenance to push them back. I was in line twice Saturday when the ride was temporarily shut down. Is this something that always happens?

Great time at the park otherwise over the weekend. The weather was perfect.

Trains keep getting stuck on Freeze when coming back to the station this season, causing big delays for maintenance to push them back. I was in line twice Saturday when the ride was temporarily shut down. Is this something that always happens?

Great time at the park otherwise over the weekend. The weather was perfect.

I've noticed the fins are really looking worn on the trains. I wonder if that makes static electricity build up faster.