TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Back around 2009, 2010, 2011, there was a BIG plan. Starting with metal detection getting a permanent pavilion type structure. Then a new building to house season pass processing with its own entrance to the park, then upgraded Guest Relations, Ticket Booths and Front Gate. They also would have repaved all asphalt and concrete from Metal Detection all the way up through the front mall... if memory serves correct, i think a small sliver of catering grove would have needed a little modification to accommodate for the season pass processing building. The only thing I can't remember was if the large fountain by metal detection was to stay, go, or get modified. I know there was serious talk about it at that time, I'm just not sure if it even ever made it on blue prints. The idea has floated around some more in recent years, but again, not quite sure how deep into thought it has gone

Great plans - awesome to see it happen some time, some year, some century

Yeah. A new entrance would be nice, but it only does so much for your visit. Yes, it's the first thing you see when you come to the park, creating your first impression. However, once you're inside the gates everything is pleasant. WoF got a new exciting entrance this year. It doesn't make me want to visit that bland park any more. Carowinds has my favorite entrance. Although it does at something to the visit, I don't find myself reminiscing about it throughout my trip. On the contrary, Kings Island has what I consider to be a dated terrible entrance and it still remains to be one of my favorite parks. I'd rather the money be spent elsewhere, despite the hokey metal detectors.

Just saw in the pass holder announcements that VR will be removed from Ninja June 4th. It must really not be working well if they are removing it after announcing the new experience not too long ago.

Prozach626- I survived! I will definately ride Spinsanity again! I won't wait in line 30-40+ min for it, but if the line was near empty I'd ride again. Unless I'm with my kids...

Just my personal opinion, VR is just a fad, kinda like 3-d for your home tv.

Edited by HARLEYGUYJB

Just saw in the pass holder announcements that VR will be removed from Ninja June 4th. It must really not be working well if they are removing it after announcing the new experience not too long ago.

I just saw this too and logged in here to check - could we finally be seeing the beginning of the end for this unneeded, cumbersome and wait time creating nightmare?

Kevin

This app this year seems better than last year. But it has drawn no crowd from what I can tell.

I just saw this too and logged in here to check - could we finally be seeing the beginning of the end for this unneeded, cumbersome and wait time creating nightmare?

Are we talking about VR or Ninja itself?

I do believe you are reading to far into the email. Galactic Attack might be leaving June 4th but, VR on Ninja won't be.

Actually at the end of the article in the newsletter it said that they would be removing the VR and turning it back into regular Ninja

I do believe you are reading to far into the email. Galactic Attack might be leaving June 4th but, VR on Ninja won't be.

It says at the end "Take one last ride on this exclusive virtual adventure before we take the headsets away and it turns back into regular Ninja". Maybe it's only temporarily leaving? It seems like it's going away at least for awhile though.

It says at the end "Take one last ride on this exclusive virtual adventure before we take the headsets away and it turns back into regular Ninja". Maybe it's only temporarily leaving? It seems like it's going away at least for awhile though.

well maybe park officials have come to realize that guest throughput and satisfaction have slipped. I remember many a day watching guests sitting in the brake run in the sun waiting for the train in front to finish loading/prepping for the next run. I haven't heard anyone really rave about the experience. Its a novelty at first, but is adding 3-5 minutes (or more) per train dispatch worth it?

Kevin

Yeah. A new entrance would be nice, but it only does so much for your visit. Yes, it's the first thing you see when you come to the park, creating your first impression. However, once you're inside the gates everything is pleasant. WoF got a new exciting entrance this year. It doesn't make me want to visit that bland park any more. Carowinds has my favorite entrance. Although it does at something to the visit, I don't find myself reminiscing about it throughout my trip. On the contrary, Kings Island has what I consider to be a dated terrible entrance and it still remains to be one of my favorite parks. I'd rather the money be spent elsewhere, despite the hokey metal detectors.

I also adore KI. It always feels to me like what would happen if the owner of SFSL was able to just keep spending money. Very similar scenic and natural feel like SL, but with the rides too.

I want to say that the plans to replace the entrance were less for 'looks' and more for promoting throughput and utility, since IMO it can get pretty claustrophobic with everyone squeezed into the current area. Again, it's been a while since it was all discussed, so I'm really not sure anymore.

it can get pretty claustrophobic with everyone squeezed into the current area.

Not the best way to welcome guests for a day of fun at the Park

No, it is not. Especially on those late summer days when it's sunny, hot, AND humid out.

Mr Freeze has been down all day today. Is it out of commission for the weekend?

Edit: And the answer to that question is no. It was down Saturday but up and running full capacity Sunday.

So, has anyone tried out Spinsanity yet?

I got maybe 6-11 cycles the morning of media day. Even riding it over and over in a row, I didn't get sick. I was really worried. I like the ride a lot as a good family attraction. I believe our ride is the larger version than the SFFT version. It has a perfect amount of spin, and it looks really cool fully loaded, going back and forth.

And to clarify from above, Mr. Freeze wasn't closed all day on Friday or Saturday. There was some downtime, but the ride wasn't closed all day.

^ Did Spinsanity maintain a decent line this weekend?

Yes, although the rain hit everything hard Saturday.

Sorry about Freeze, I didn't see a train on the course either day but I was there 2 hours Friday and the water park until the second closure Saturday.

I had a question maybe someone could answer - I saw that they added a option to dine in a buffet in the worlds fair grove with the dining pass this year - is This new? I think it is, I can't remember seeing it before. If so How does this work? Can someone advise or describe the plan behind it.. if well stocked and kept full during meal hours this could go a long way to relieving the lines in some areas of the park for dinners... anyone ?

Kevin

Beachside BBQ inside Hurricane Harbor. I'm so excited for this restaurant to open in Hurricane Harbor!

Does it serve the same food as JB's, or is it more unique?

Not sure yet. I took that photo on Sunday. Looks like it may a few weeks out before opening.