TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I regularly attend with my 6 year old daughter, and friends....and while she is a thrill seeker...she can only ride what she is tall enough to ride (fingers crossed for AT this summer). So, to that end...she will LOVE Spinsanity. I'm guessing either 46 or 48 inches will be the requirement.

As far as JLBFM is concerned, we always go with a big party between 4 to 6 riders. However, I'm visualizing going with another guy and his daughter...and I'm thinking his child will want to skip it (easily frightened). My daughter will want to ride. In order to minimize the time we're separated, I'm wondering how much of a dirty play it would be to both go in the single rider line in the hopes that there is a car with only 4 peeps (which I see all the time) and we can both ride in the same car (albeit in different rows, natch). As long as we prioritize the flash passers, and true singles, would that be wrong? I hate, hate, hate watching empty seats on rides...and this would only be maximizing the rider throughput.

I regularly attend with my 6 year old daughter, and friends....and while she is a thrill seeker...she can only ride what she is tall enough to ride (fingers crossed for AT this summer). So, to that end...she will LOVE Spinsanity. I'm guessing either 46 or 48 inches will be the requirement.

As far as JLBFM is concerned, we always go with a big party between 4 to 6 riders. However, I'm visualizing going with another guy and his daughter...and I'm thinking his child will want to skip it (easily frightened). My daughter will want to ride. In order to minimize the time we're separated, I'm wondering how much of a dirty play it would be to both go in the single rider line in the hopes that there is a car with only 4 peeps (which I see all the time) and we can both ride in the same car (albeit in different rows, natch). As long as we prioritize the flash passers, and true singles, would that be wrong? I hate, hate, hate watching empty seats on rides...and this would only be maximizing the rider throughput.

Those lines are designed for ride ops to quickly pull people in to fill up the gaps as needed at that specific moment, whether it's one or two single riders at a time. Even if you are willing to let others go ahead of you, waiting in that manner defeats the purpose for the line. Plus, you're still adding an extra wrinkle to the ride ops' job, which ultimately does affect the rider throughput. Odds are they're not going to allow you to wait anyway. As long as you accept the risk that you guys can possibly get split up in the process, it shouldn't be an issue.

Edited by michaellynn4

Those lines are designed for ride ops to quickly pull people in to fill up the gaps as needed at that specific moment, whether it's one or two single riders at a time. Even if you are willing to let others go ahead of you, waiting in that manner defeats the purpose for the line. Plus, you're still adding an extra wrinkle to the ride ops' job, which ultimately does affect the rider throughput. Odds are they're not going to allow you to wait anyway. As long as you accept the risk that you guys can possibly get split up in the process, it shouldn't be an issue.

Those are my thoughts as well. I'll be there, doing the traditional line multiple times earlier in the season. I may do some recon and talk to the ride ops to double check. It will likely never even come to pass anyway, but the thought jumped in my head.

We have season passes to six flags for the third star straight year, looking to hit SFGA for the first time in forever this summer...and we bought SDC season passes as well. I foresee taking 2018 off from six flags, and then doing a cedar fair tour (and finally hitting holiday world).

Josh, any word on whether the park plans to release any photos of the construction progress? I know it's not exactly a huge install, but it'd be interesting to see how everything is shaping out.

Besides the photo posted below, I'm not sure when they'll release more pics of the ride. All in good time I'm sure. I won't post any pictures of the construction, because I think that the park should have the opportunity to share what they want when they want. They're the one's spending the money on it.

I will say that they were busy today. You could see a crane in the park from the highway.

Josh, any word on whether the park plans to release any photos of the construction progress? I know it's not exactly a huge install, but it'd be interesting to see how everything is shaping out.

Not that it shows much construction progress, but SFSTL's facebook page posted a photo today. The colors look pretty good:

Spinsanity looking great and nice color scheme!

I don't know if anyone's talked about this yet, but I was hoping that with Spinsanity opening where the Chevy show building was that this little walkway right next to the Palace Arcade that's been walled off for years, (I believe it's just been used as employee access of some kind) could finally be opened up. Here's a little view from Google Maps of what I'm talking about:

IMG_20170209_074709_672.jpg.e15cde51b13523109cea1589fe4c8d81.jpg

This is the location and placement. The back end of the ride actually goes in to the employee back area a little bit and the angle cuts off where that entire path cuts through, so I don't see that path being accessible

1005406356_SpinsanityLocation.thumb.png.729bb8b8ab05b091d01ef68afadc4ec2.png

Edited by parkjunkie

^ Oh interesting! I didn't have it pictured at that angle. I'm still hoping that stupid, useless façade along the rail road tracks will be removed! It serves no purpose and its ugly lol!

Those facades were taken down as one of the first stages of construction.

^ Good! I don't know why they were placed there in the first place, they kind of remind me of the facades at the Streets of America (RIP) at Disney's Hollywood Studios though in the way that they were supposed to look like a movie set of some sort, and those were taken down for the same reason, they kinda were just there and served pretty much no purpose, hence why they were removed.