TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

^ Probably a bunch of banners that say "Celebrating 30 years of Fright, Chills, and Thrills!" *sponsored by Snickers*

Forgot to mention that we got our season passes in the mail last week. Looking forward to a couple trips in the summer, and at least one trip to Great America.

That's great! I'm so excited that you have gotten back around to being able to enjoy the park!

It's a new year again, so I wanted to make sure everyone knows that the park is currently hiring for a plethora of positions! You can apply by going to www.sixflagsjobs.com and choose Six Flags St. Louis. If you have any family members or friends that are interested, make sure to let them know...maybe they'll give you some of their free tickets as a thank you.

Forgot to mention that we got our season passes in the mail last week. Looking forward to a couple trips in the summer, and at least one trip to Great America.

Didn't ever think I would hear you say that!

I doubt I'll go more than a couple times, including HITP, but I'm also starting to get a bit more practical as I get older. 65 bucks for at least two trips to our park and a trip to SFGam is a pretty solid deal. That and the five years off really made a difference.

I doubt I'll go more than a couple times, including HITP, but I'm also starting to get a bit more practical as I get older. 65 bucks for at least two trips to our park and a trip to SFGam is a pretty solid deal. That and the five years off really made a difference.

Trump is President, Cubs win the World Series... maybe the Blues will win the Cup this year. (doubtful with their playing as of late)

Trump is President, Cubs win the World Series... maybe the Blues will win the Cup this year. (doubtful with their playing as of late)

Prozach has buys a season pass, maybe SFStL will announce a hyper...

I'm pretty sure Prozach is just tired of bullshitting himself waiting for the hyper that will never come, and is anxious for HITP 2017.

Haha! Pretty much.

Steve, I'm also in the middle of a five year break from the Blues... I only went to one game this year when I got free tickets. Last year I only went to one game, granted it was Blues vs. Hawks game 7. Both times I drank way too many beers and trash talked the Blues the entire time. I was 'thay guy.'

Haha! Pretty much.

Steve, I'm also in the middle of a five year break from the Blues... I only went to one game this year when I got free tickets. Last year I only went to one game, granted it was Blues vs. Hawks game 7. Both times I drank way too many beers and trash talked the Blues the entire time. I was 'thay guy.'

Blues Blanked the Pens last night, for the life of me I can't figure them out

It's a new year again, so I wanted to make sure everyone knows that the park is currently hiring for a plethora of positions! You can apply by going to http://www.sixflagsjobs.com and choose Six Flags St. Louis. If you have any family members or friends that are interested, make sure to let them know...maybe they'll give you some of their free tickets as a thank you.

You know, the Marketing Supervisor job looks pretty interesting, since Six Flags St Louis's marketing needs a pretty major overhaul, but it'd have to pay at least $80k a year to convince me to switch jobs. And what in the heck does "Ensure that all team members within assigned areas are properly selected, trained, and scheduled to perform their job responsibilities" have to do with marketing, anyway?

It's a new year again, so I wanted to make sure everyone knows that the park is currently hiring for a plethora of positions! You can apply by going to http://www.sixflagsjobs.com and choose Six Flags St. Louis. If you have any family members or friends that are interested, make sure to let them know...maybe they'll give you some of their free tickets as a thank you.

You know, the Marketing Supervisor job looks pretty interesting, since Six Flags St Louis's marketing needs a pretty major overhaul, but it'd have to pay at least $80k a year to convince me to switch jobs. And what in the heck does "Ensure that all team members within assigned areas are properly selected, trained, and scheduled to perform their job responsibilities" have to do with marketing, anyway?

well definitions vary - marketing in some places can mean direct selling as you know - my guess is ( and I know nothing) that as a "marketing supervisor" for six flags st Louis you would be in the "marketing dept" and your duties would be over seeing a section of the parks shops and stands that sell things and make sure that they are properly staffed and inventoried and trained etc.

I do not think there is much in the way of "marketing" six flags itself in that particular job. My guess is it is NOT a 80k a year job maybe 15-20K?

good luck

Kevin

well definitions vary - marketing in some places can mean direct selling as you know - my guess is ( and I know nothing) that as a "marketing supervisor" for six flags st Louis you would be in the "marketing dept" and your duties would be over seeing a section of the parks shops and stands that sell things and make sure that they are properly staffed and inventoried and trained etc.

I do not think there is much in the way of "marketing" six flags itself in that particular job. My guess is it is NOT a 80k a year job maybe 15-20K?

good luck

Kevin

Actually the job description does include quite a bit of actual marketing stuff, alone with running the entry scanners and the above staffing duties. It's almost like they conflated two completely different jobs into one. It's a full time job with quite a few duties, so if it pays $20K, I think they are going to have trouble finding anyone to do it, LOL. I didn't pull the $80K figure out of thin air; I think it's a fair salary for the job description. I'm sure they're not paying that, though!

If you get the interview and ask for a reasonable $80,000, please record the responses. Maybe if the title were 'director' I could see $80,000.

I'd take a pay cut and do it for $60,000 or $50,000. Or $40,000... $30,000... God, I'll take $15/hour just to get out of my career! haha

Have a couple questions that I was hoping some of you that frequent the park more than myself could answer.

How do crowds tend to be on the park's opening day? Is FlashPass needed to ride all of the coasters?

Any good close-by affordable hotel recommendations?

Close by - haven't stayed there in 25 years... so how good ?? about 100 yards from the park property and has a shuttle

http://www.hisixflags.com/

check this out too

http://www.hisixflags.com/packages/benefits-package/

We've had very good stays at the Drury and Hampton Inns at 44 & 141, which is about 10 minutes east of Six Flags. They're both usually around $30 less than the Holiday Inn, so if you have a Six Flags Gold Pass and therefore don't have to pay for parking, I'd recommend one of those two. Holiday Inn's shuttle drops you off right at the entrance, but since you'll be getting there at opening (right? right?) you'll be able to park close anyway.