Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

P. 15: New Gerstlauer Triple-Launch Coaster Coming!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

Postby Noobitizer » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:15 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Bobbejaanland, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

December 5th, 2005 - Dream Catcher Coaster and Desperado City Announced (See Below)

July 14th, 2006 - Sledgehammer (HUSS Frisbee) coming in 2007

November 5th, 2007 - Two news rides for 2008: Splash Battle and a HUSS King Kong

Jun. 21st, 2009 - Video of band playing inside the (R)evolution coaster

Mar. 22nd, 2010 - Fun Brigade, Pirates Story, Zorro, & more announced!
April 28th, 2010 - Zorro comes to Bobbejaanland!
May 27th, 2010 - Bobbejaanland founder passes away at the age of 85
July 27, 2010 - Maurer Sohne Spinning Coaster for 2011

September 25th, 2014 - New ride announced for 2015

February 27th, 2018 - New Gerstlauer Triple-Launch Coaster Coming!

Looks like another great addition to the park. I wonder what type of roller coaster and by whom it will be made by. Any guesses or rumors? Anyhow, I just thought I would help spread the news.

"With over 50 attractions including 6 take-your-breath-away roller coasters, 4 wild water tracks and a unique Indian museum, Bobbejaanlaand is amongst the very best of Europe’s most popular amusement parks. And to top it all off there are also such super attractions as the indoor amusement park Kinderland and various live shows.
The huge number of attractions keeps waiting times and the associated frustration to an absolute limit. In their turn the many covered attractions make sure that your feet stay dry during your visit to Bobbejaanland no matter what the weather.
After the more than amazing innovations of recent years – such as the Typhoon, Sledge Hammer and Oki Doki, in 2006 Bobbejaanland is premiering 2 brand new attractions to tantalise your senses:

* NEW IN 2006: In the Dream Catcher you and your entire family take a mysterious trip through the secretive dream world of the Indians. This rollercoaster drags you over churning water and through the worst storm ever ... and all of this with your legs in the air!
* NEW IN 2006: In the interactive attraction Desperado City you and 60 other sheriffs hop on your horses toward adventure, shooting fearful foes with your personal revolvers. How many bad guys can you hit from atop your lurching steed?

In short: in 2006 Bobbejaanland will once again amaze its visitors with its wealth of surprises…weather or not!

(Source: Bobbejaanlaand Official Press Release)"
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:53 pm.

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:18 pm

Sounds good for Bobbejaanland. Dream Catcher seems interesting, sounds like an indoor inverted coaaster.
---Brent 8)
Disobey

_

Postby AznShortBoi8021 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:20 pm

The new additions sound great. Dream Catcher sounds like a Vekoma suspended family coaster. Desperado City sounds like one of those rides where you sit in a car and the car moves around while you shoot at random targets. It all sounds great for the kids, teens, and the kids and teens at heart.

3000 years young and riding roller coasters

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:52 am

And I told myself I will NOT get a season pass in 2006... With this news I'll be getting one again....

The Magic - seen from different points of view…
http://blog.mousekingdom.com

Disneyland Resort Paris - The internet Guidebook

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Machtin » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:19 am

Since they already do have a vekoma suspended coaster, dream catcher is rumoured to be the Air Race coaster re-themed to an Indian theme by adding floorless trains. This is a good step to take because Air Race is by far the weakest link of Bobbejaanland's coasters. (I think Robb and Elissa can confirm that) This should make a very good line-up together with the new dark ride next year.
This park has really developed to the positive the last few years.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:08 am

^That's really interesting.

I would agree it was the weakest coaster, which was very disappointing to me since I had been looking forward to it for so long! A retheme would be interesting, but I can't see the Indian theme getting all the way over there. And another shooting ride!!! Well, that should rule!!!

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:16 am

Seeing as how the park already has the GREATEST SHOOTING RIDE EVER, they will have to work hard to try and match that level of quality... :D

dt

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

New Attraction for Bobbejaanland

Postby Worm » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:40 am

I just saw something on the German channel we have, called BVN and i was watching the news (nothing else was onn the TV) and suddenly they said something about Bobbejaanland and a new attraction! (If you were wondering how i understand german, Afrikaans and German are amost identical.)

After a couple of unrecognisable words, a concept art picture came up of a Giant frisbee with a kind of African theme. :shockr:

Anyone know anything about this? :?r

(if this is old news, please don't bash me!)
You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither!
-- Drew Carey :?r

Please add me on Facebook! (Arnold van der Walt)

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:18 am

That giant frisbee is the Sledgehammer. The new attraction might be Dreamcatcher.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:01 am

I went to the Park at the end of May and both rides were working fine.

Sledgehammer looks :evil: and I would never go on that type of ride

Dreamcatcher was fun, water cannons are used when the train is over the lake.

Their Clown coaster has a very good 1st curved drop and layout.
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!