Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

P. 112: 2 Billion Euro Expansion including 3 new WDSP lands
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 am

djmcbell wrote:Erm... DLP already has a Toy Story shooting ride (Buzz Lightyear Blast or something like that). However, due to awesome planning, it is in DLP and not the Studios park, where Toy Story Land is.

The Buzz rides have always been separate though. Even in places like Hong Kong or Shanghai where Toy Story Land is part of the same park, they are located in different areas.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:22 am

djmcbell wrote:1 - I think Frozen would be better suited to DLP itself, but have no idea where it would go. Disney does like putting lands in a wheel formation in their main park and there's no more space in the existing park for a full land, so I can understand it going to Studios. It just seems like a bit of a shame, but the alternative is having nothing.

Frozen was first scheduled to go in Fantasyland actually, but I don't really know where exactly.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:40 am

djmcbell wrote:1 - I think Frozen would be better suited to DLP itself, but have no idea where it would go. Disney does like putting lands in a wheel formation in their main park and there's no more space in the existing park for a full land, so I can understand it going to Studios. It just seems like a bit of a shame, but the alternative is having nothing.

I have no strong opinion here, but I think it would have been nice as a Fantasyland expansion. It should work well in the studios too, though.

djmcbell wrote:2 - is the Star Wars land the same as the Florida one? I'd prefer to see a different location within the Star Wars universe (either existing or made-up), and think of the amount of rabid Star Wars fans who'd have to visit each one

It looks like the Millennium Falcon portion from the artwork (no Battle Escape), although it's obviously only an artists' impression at the moment so it is only conceptual so I'm not reading too much into it yet.

Postby DBJ » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:27 pm

What is interesting to me is that with all the announcements about expansions at various Disney properties over the years, both Avatar and Carsland are not being cloned over into other destinations. I wonder why.

It is great to see them investing heavily into improving the parks again. Can't wait to see how the various Frozen lands turn out, or Star Wars for that matter.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:05 pm

^ I hope they don't clone those two Lands for at least several years. Let them be unique Disney, where they are! :mickey:

...Actually, they could add either of them, to the WDS World Film Showcase (that's what I am calling it, right now),
after all the other stuff has been built, i.e after......2025 maybe?

And then there's Indiana Jones to possibly consider for a "land"....... :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:49 pm

So, after all of the proposed expansion has been done, my Blue Sky Thoughts would sort of go....

Clone the setup with Indy Jones Adventure and Raging Spirits coaster from Tokyo DisneySea, into WDS, on the right side
of The Lake, dismantle Temple of Peril coaster, and then put a GI-normous E-Ticket Attraction in Adventureland that
nobody was expecting!

:mickey:

And depending where this Indy Land could/would be, in regards to The Lake (1 o'clock? 2 o'clock? 3 o'clock?), Disney
could figure out a Harry Potter-like transport system between DLP and WDS, between the Indy Land and AdventureLand.

Possible? I think so. Probable? Who knows? :smile:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:21 am

Disneyland Paris is going to renovate Disney Village

080318pad1.jpg

There are plans for a major renovation of the Disney Village entertainment area at Disneyland Paris. The freely accessible nightlife area with shops, restaurants, a cinema complex and a dinner show will be renovated in the near future. That is confirmed by Francis Borezée, Deputy Director of real estate development at Euro Disney.

In recent years, many major attractions in Disneyland have been refurbished. Recently the Walt Disney Company announced that the Walt Disney Studios Park will be expanded for 2 billion euros. "The next step will be to renew Disney Village," says Borezée in an interview with business magazine Forbes.

The area of 44,000 square meters can also become larger. "We will start renovating, but we have the opportunity to expand." Perhaps there will be a new convention center on the site of Dôme Disney Village.

The style that Disney Village will soon receive has not yet been decided. "We are still thinking about it in the head office in California," says owner Robert Earl of restaurants Planet Hollywood and Earl of Sandwich.

The expansion plans for the Walt Disney Studios Park may also mean that a new Disney hotel will be built, says Borezée. "We already have locations in mind for that, but no decision has yet been taken."

080318pad2.jpg

080318pad4.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Shambhala - PortAventura 3. Taron - Phantasialand 4. Helix - Liseberg 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Silver Star - Europa-Park 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Goliath - Walibi Holland

Coasters: 219 || Parks: 40

Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Postby KarlaKoaster » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:55 am

Good news. I think Disney Village is pretty outdated so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it. It's great money is being spent in the resort, not only on new additions, but revamping what they already have.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:18 pm

^ I agree with a revamp of the Disney Village area, too. When we first visited in 2002, the place still had it's massive columns, and
strings of lights all criss-crossing over the pathways. Then, a few years later, it was mostly all gone. We especially missed the strings of lights.

It's a mishmash of stuff in there, most places to eat and drink, but something better might be able to be created out of all that's there.
IMG_9328.JPG
The World of Disney was a nice addition to the Village, at the time. Sept.21, 2015.
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:36 pm.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Disney Springs Paris.

That name just sounds upscale.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!