Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

P. 112: 2 Billion Euro Expansion including 3 new WDSP lands
Users viewing this topic: Innovtech and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:41 am

^It is an extremely popular attraction but also a very expensive one to install, especially compared to the more economical fare that has been added to the Toy Story Land areas worldwide. It is a significant investment for the resort to add the attraction--one that I think would make sense for Paris if they didn't already have their Toy Story Land built out (plus they are adding Alien Swirling Saucers from Florida's Toy Story Land).
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:57 am

I agree, my thought process was that if they're re-configuring the existing park with the expansion they could probably find way to incorporate a show building into the existing land, tuck it away behind the Ratatouille section perhaps.

Yeah, it's an expensive attraction but hey with a 2.5 Billion Euro expansion what's another 70 or 80 million (I don't really know how much it costs)?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:47 pm

cookiex wrote:There’s already a huge space in Adventureland that’s been reserved for an Indiana Jones Adventure for decades now. No need to move Temple du Peril.

Well, since it's not been built up to now (for over 25 years?), I could imagine them pulling a switch, putting it in WDS, and then building something completely different in that Adventureland spot. And surprising all of us!

And why not make the Temple of Peril look better than it does, like it does (to me) in Japan? They dismantled part of the theming for new rock work some time ago on Peril, and it's not like they have to take apart an entire show building to do it.

Of course, this is all "I wish and hope" kind of stuff. Probably won't happen.

Hilltopper39 wrote:Yeah, it's an expensive attraction but hey with a 2.5 Billion Euro expansion what's another 70 or 80 million (I don't really know how much it costs)?

And there's all that money available, so for now, even putting in a Toy Story Mania could be possible. :mickey:

"Ciel bleu, souriant à moi ~ Rien que le ciel bleu, je vois."
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Disney is rich, but not everything is worth the money.

They can afford it for sure, but that doesn’t mean they should just add it everywhere.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:36 pm

^ I totally understand what you're saying. But for now...why not imagine, anyway? :smile:

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:"Ciel bleu, souriant à moi ~ Rien que le ciel bleu, je vois."

I... I just don't know what that is supposed to mean. :lol:
Is this a reference to you blue-skying?

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:11 pm

^ Oui. :smile:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:^ I totally understand what you're saying. But for now...why not imagine, anyway? :smile:

I want to go to every Disney Park before I die, I don't want them all to have the same stuff. There's too much of it going on now.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:52 pm

^ I think you are generalizing too much. I agree about a number of indoor attractions that don't seem to change, except their queues (It's A Small World; Midway Mania for example), but are you really not going to ride Big Thunder Mountain in Paris, because, "it's the same as the one in DL or WDW..."? It's all in the theming and surrounding atmosphere (and sometimes even the layout) that makes every Big Thunder Mountain different. And Towers of Terror. And Haunted Mansions. And Space Mountains, etc.

And not everybody can get to every Disney park in the world. You (I do hope you do get to experience every Disney park!)
and I are lucky ones. So, the popularity of attractions (even not-too-exciting ones) dictates sometimes, what gets repeated
(though the theming may change) in a new Disney park.

And too much of anything is a wonderful thing, when it comes to Disney Parks Around The World! IMhO. :mickey:
btm3.jpg
BTI in Paris (I call it "Big Thunder Island'" lol). The train is there,
heading towards the On-Ride Photo "Cabin". (o; Photo from the Net.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djmcbell » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:42 am

Erm... DLP already has a Toy Story shooting ride (Buzz Lightyear Blast or something like that). However, due to awesome planning, it is in DLP and not the Studios park, where Toy Story Land is.

In any case, I like this. I went to the Paris resort in 2014, shortly before Ratatouille opened. We were in Studios for 2 hours (got there in the afternoon). Did ToT, Aerosmith, RC and the tram tour before it closed, and felt no need to go back the following day (which we spent at DLP).

Studios definitely felt incomplete and a bit of a mish-mash. Surprised they didn't have a Radiator Springs and instead just a spinning Cars ride.

This sounds like an amazing overhaul and should make Studios into an incredible park, but I have two things I think I would have preferred:

1 - I think Frozen would be better suited to DLP itself, but have no idea where it would go. Disney does like putting lands in a wheel formation in their main park and there's no more space in the existing park for a full land, so I can understand it going to Studios. It just seems like a bit of a shame, but the alternative is having nothing.

2 - is the Star Wars land the same as the Florida one? I'd prefer to see a different location within the Star Wars universe (either existing or made-up), and think of the amount of rabid Star Wars fans who'd have to visit each one

Either way, this is an incredible investment and I hope it goes well. Everyone goes to the DLP part of the resort but Studios just seemed neglected. This, and bridging the two parks, may give it a great one-two punch of US and IoA (the only parks I've been to with a similar setup - I know Disney in California is similar).

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!