TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

p. 54 - Walt Disney Studios Park to become Disney Adventure World!

That's great news.

It'll be interesting to see how this affects the expansion plans, rumours were suggesting that if TWDC took control the plans may grow and become more rapid in there construction. Hopefully this will be the case and WDS gets a rescue plan realised sooner rather than later as it desperately needs it.

^This is probaly the best news to come out of this place since ages.

Considering most of their debts come from paying license fees to TWDC, yes.

I have never heard a break down of the debt. But if that's true, that's really interesting to hear. I am really happy that they took control over the park.

^ That's what I thought was going on right now. Finishing up all the re-ferb stuff they had planned to work on. And soon...?

I still get the feeling they're going to finally give DLP an 'E'-ttraction as big and complex as any of the Asian Disney Parks would make it.

I hope.

• 3 weeks later...

It appears that starting from October 1st this year the Extra Magic Hours at DLP are changing from the regular 8am-10am 2 hours in Disneyland Park to 1 hour in both parks 9am-10am, as per the opening hours below.

While the idea of being able to get on some of the Studios rides when it's quieter is good, overall this is a step backwards from offering 2 hours a day to only 1. Plus in my experience 8am-9am was a lot quieter than 9am-10am so for those that actually utilised the first hour it's even more of a disappointment as you could get quite a lot done before the majority of guests entered the park.

I'm hoping that this is either a trial, to see how it goes, or maybe just for the winter months, as the opening hours are only currently available up to October 4th it's difficult to see if these new hours are planned to stay or not.

DLP.png.33afe958cdf3808e10ba11003bd96ee3.png

DLP Opening Hours

On top of the charging for breakfasts now I'm not sure this is going to help with attendance. DLP has quite a negative image in the UK now, people that I know who have previously been have no desire to go back and places like Efteling and Europa Park are starting to becomes more well know.

I expect now Disney own it all they will be making some big changes, lets hope for some announcements soon.

Annual Passholder previews of the refurbished Pirates of the Caribbean ride will take place next weekend. Those with the new Infinity pass will have access on Friday July 14th, from 10am to 2PM; Those with the old Dream Pass or the new Magic Flex pass will have access on Saturday July 15th & Sunday July 16th.

On top of the charging for breakfasts now I'm not sure this is going to help with attendance. DLP has quite a negative image in the UK now, people that I know who have previously been have no desire to go back and places like Efteling and Europa Park are starting to becomes more well know.

Perhaps in the enthusiast community yes, but I doubt the general public are aware of the other European parks or are likely to switch a family break at DLP for a trip to the other parks.

Like you said the change in the hotel packages, removing breakfast as standard, and the change in the dining plans, has made the resort hotels less attractive now, but for me they are still a very convenient and good option, I love being able to get into the park from your room door to door within 15 minutes (and that's from Cheyenne). I'm not even that bothered about breakfast no longer being included, the breakfast experience at Cheyenne is not particularly great as it is just so busy, so for our trip next June we are planning on just having breakfast in our room and getting to the parks ready for EMH, which will save time and hassle in the mornings.

Hopefully with Disney taking full control of the resort, things like this will be improved upon, as the work they have been doing to the resort has been great the past couple of years.

A lot of people travel out of the UK over to the centre parcs in Belgium and Holland over the school holidays because they are pretty much 50% cheaper than the UK resorts. All these parks are pretty close to Efteling so it's getting much more attention than it use to, one of the centre parcs (Het Meerdal) also do a deal that gets you a weeks entry into Toverland for a single days tickets, so whilst I completly agree that DLP is a much more well known in the UK, other European parks are slowly becoming more recognised. How-ever it wouldn't take much from Disney (star wars land) to grab a whole bunch of media attention and drag the spot-light back on Disney in a big way.

The breakfast expeierence at Santa Fe was horrific but it does save about £30+ a day for a family of 4 which adds up if you are visiting for a few days.

A lot of people travel out of the UK over to the centre parcs in Belgium and Holland over the school holidays because they are pretty much 50% cheaper than the UK resorts. All these parks are pretty close to Efteling so it's getting much more attention than it use to, one of the centre parcs (Het Meerdal) also do a deal that gets you a weeks entry into Toverland for a single days tickets.

I've never thought to look at Centre Parcs in Europe as an option, I'll have to keep that in mind for future years, as I'd love to check out some of the European parks.

I probably shouldn't have put it on here, but I think it's becoming more well know. A UK centre parcs break in school holidays starts at £799 in Feb half term and goes up to £999 in summer holidays. European centre parcs and about half the price, some years there school holidays don't fall at the same time like last February and it's less than half the price.

You can do days trips to Efteling, Toverland, Walbi, Movie Park and Phantasialand plus more quite easilly.

You can see a crawl with all the cars with bikes strapped to the back driving up on the Saturday and Monday mornings.

I do think parks like Europa, Phantasia, Walibi etc. are gaining more visibility internationally. I talked to a friend yesterday where I mentioned I've been to Phantasialand and he said "yeah I've heard of that". Completely anecdotal but I found it surprising.

The castmember soft openings started today. Here is a POV:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The Barbossa animatronic and special effect looks great! Before the refurbishment, many of the animatronics were stationary, so this is a huge improvement.

Summary of changes:

New mist screen projection

Swinging pirate has been fixed

Jail scene animatronics refurbished

Auction scened changed

Jack Sparrow animatronic peeking out of a barrel

Duelist scene changed to be between a man and a woman

New flame effects

New Barbossa animatronic with blacklight effect

Jack Sparrow animatronic added in the treasure scene

Barbossa itself is really nice, but dang the effect is cheap.

I'm really satisfied that all the animatronics are fluidly moving once again, and the duelists - while not being 100% operational as intended (but never really worked), are great, it's nice to see them back.

I'm also really satisfied of the final rockin' chair Jack, its integration is way better than in the US in my opinion!

After seeing how cheap I can get to Paris I'm seriously considering a trip to Disneyland Paris this year. Right now I'm looking at a 3-day visit on September 19-21st. From what I can tell from their website the only major ride scheduled to be closed during this time is Indiana Jones, and I can easily live without getting that credit. Is there anything else I'm missing that's happening this time of year which should make me reconsider my options?

^^ I'm not sure what your budget is allowing for hotels, but we last stayed at the Sequoia Lodge on site, and it was wonderful!

It included admissions to the parks for the number of days you stayed. And an easy walk from there to the parks and the Village.

Great surroundings (trees!) where everything felt nice and cool outside. Good indoor swimming pool and sauna/steam rooms, too.

IMG_9129.JPG.52b95af04f68901a36dea5b53aff2eb7.JPG

We got a lake view room, but the lodges looked great too, and cost less, if a view isn't what you need.

(Taken Sept.20, 2015)

IMG_9131a.JPG.60bbf90d0cef228babe06e7d66412b87.JPG

All the LODGES are all to the right of the Main Sequoia Lodge Building.

The pool/spa is at the top of the Top One of the lodges, you see there. (o:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the trip is now booked and I'm super-excited! The resort hotels were way out of my budget, but I booked a nearby hotel which offers free shuttle bus and is also within walking distance if needed (probably around a 20 mins walk). There were some hotels nearby that were super cheap, but since I'm staying for 4 nights I didn't dare to gamble on that so I went for one that was a bit more expensive, but it looked nice and had good reviews.

Just over 5 weeks left...

^Awesome! I stayed twice at a resort hotel, but the other times I also booked a hotel nearby (within 15 minutes). The only downside of this is that you don't get the Extra Magic Hours.. Anyway, I hope you have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...