Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby conman1310 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:12 pm

Yep me and my first wife both blacked out on Titan its first year, IT WAS AWESOME !!!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:03 am

conman1310 wrote:Yep me and my first wife both blacked out on Titan its first year, IT WAS AWESOME !!!

sounds heavenly

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:38 am

conman1310 wrote:Yep me and my first wife both blacked out on Titan its first year, IT WAS AWESOME !!!

Nick absolutely refused to ride it when we were there recently, because YEARS (many) ago, he greyed out on that Helix.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby sirloindude » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:44 pm

Those positive g-forces are what make me love Titan. It’s cool to have a hypercoaster that isn’t focused predominantly on airtime.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ALT2870 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:56 pm

Going to the park here in a bit, we'll see how this goes. :lol:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:05 pm

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Yosemite Sam's Gold River Adventure dark ride may be closed for good! The website http://www.overtexasthrills.com is reporting that the park's classic dark ride suffered extensive damage in the recent floods. So much so that it may never open again. Reports of extensive damage to both animatronics and set pieces caused when flood waters raised the boats off their flume. The boats then floated into the ride's various set pieces and animatronic figures causing wide spread damage which may be irreparable.

http://www.overtexasthrills.com/park-updates/six-flags-over-texas-general-park-update-november-7-2018?fbclid=IwAR2BCVjlUDDzozN1Jdavj0HhkXpciE_DTfL9WniktggLmdH4DWF6MlfMrx0
p493.png

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Shavethewhales » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:44 pm

I hope that isn't true, but I think we all knew it was a matter of time regardless. It's such a unique, fun ride that tons of people of all ages still enjoyed and had fond memories of. Being inside and climate controlled was also a good thing.

I don't understand why there isn't a push for more family friendly dark rides without making it overly complex with guns/3d screens/etc. A few animatronics and some nice sets and you have a fun adventure.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby TexasParkman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:47 am

Something is not right here. This attraction is nowhere near a flood zone. Somebody overfill it ???? Just seems kind of strange that in 50+ years this building and trough has never had this happen. IMHO this had not been a great for for SFOT. Uncompleted construction. Numerous ride closures. I have seen the Park dirtier than I have ever seen it this past year. The food stand crews have had 2 speeds this year- slow and stop. Maybe I have been unlucky. It just seems like it has been a rough year.

Postby coasterbill » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 am

We really enjoyed that dumb ride, hopefully they can fix it.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:58 am

That'd be terrible news if they're removing that dark ride. I had no clue it even existed before my visit and it was the surprise of the day. It's something you wouldn't expect from a park like Six Flags.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!