Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby bigboy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:44 pm

I haven't been as much this year, but I've heard it's much easier to get beer these days. They've added it at more locations and, at least last year, they were allowing you to take it with you and not forcing you to stay on an adjacent patio.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Ffck... So it sounds like the park may not even be worth going to on a Saturday, Flash Pass or not? I might consider an alternative route like Kings Island or Carowinds.

Does anyone have any idea how much it will cost to get all of the haunted houses or some kind of premium pass if offered?

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:54 pm

prozach626 wrote:Ffck... So it sounds like the park may not even be worth going to on a Saturday, Flash Pass or not? I might consider an alternative route like Kings Island or Carowinds.

Does anyone have any idea how much it will cost to get all of the haunted houses or some kind of premium pass if offered?

even tho crowded, we got a lot of rides in on Sat. . but we were there 8 hours, and only got 1 ride on most things we wanted.
yes, there were lines tho.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:06 pm

prozach626 wrote:Ffck... So it sounds like the park may not even be worth going to on a Saturday, Flash Pass or not? I might consider an alternative route like Kings Island or Carowinds.

During Fright Fest SFOT gets very slammed. So it would be worth for the Flash pass. They have several areas that open at night selling beer once the Fright Fest starts. I believe it’s $25 for a wrist band to see all the houses or $5 per house. Not sure if they have a front of the line pass for their houses. To be honest though, SFOT Fright fest is kind of meh. Just my opinion. If I was you, I go to the park and just see how crowded it is but also walk by the houses to see if your interested in them.

Postby prozach626 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:36 pm

The group I'm going with will definitely be interested in doing the haunted houses. How long can we expect lines with Flash Pass on a typical Fright Fest Saturday?

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:56 pm

oh.. to recommend as well:

SFOT no longer has "the Pink Thing" a pink lemonade ice cream bar.

but they DO have a Dippin Dots stand right by the front gate, that sells "Pink Thing Dippin Dots". . and they are so good, and come with Pop Rocks mixed in. it's like a party in one's mouth!

highly recommended.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:45 pm

Mrlittle wrote:

During Fright Fest SFOT gets very slammed. So it would be worth for the Flash pass. They have several areas that open at night selling beer once the Fright Fest starts. I believe it’s $25 for a wrist band to see all the houses or $5 per house. Not sure if they have a front of the line pass for their houses. To be honest though, SFOT Fright fest is kind of meh. Just my opinion. If I was you, I go to the park and just see how crowded it is but also walk by the houses to see if your interested in them.

SFOT is adding a new Haunted House this year, "Hell Block 6". It will be located in the abandoned building directly behind Harley Quinn Spinsanity. In addition, there will be an all new Scare Zone outside the building which I'm told will be populated by HB 6 "escapees". For the first time ever, Piggy's Blood Shed will have it's own Scare Zone which will be located in the Texas section and will be populated by members of Piggy's cannibalistic family.

There will be a total of 6 Haunted Houses- Piggy's Blood Shed (Texas section), Circus Berzerkus and Cadaver Hall Morgue (Tower Section), Zombie Infestation (adjacent to Titan), Blackout (Gotham City) and Hell Block 6 (building behind Harley Quinn Spinsanity). Additionally, there will be numerous Scare Zones located throughout the park.

EDIT: Haunted House wristbands are free to all Diamond Elite members.
Last edited by Sportsdude360 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:04 pm.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Another year of King's Island Haunts it is... Seriously though, thanks for the input. SFoT just seemed like it might be too much of a packed to the gills gamble vs. a sure thing.

Edit - Just read Mrlittle's response. The Haunted houses and scare zones are great. They're more of an addition to the theme park experience I look for and not more of a priority. I'm a spoiled little park bitch, so if I can't pay a lot of money to be on rides and in haunted houses within less than ten to fifteen minutes max I'll just go on a less crowded non-event day another time to experience the park for our first visit.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby TexasParkman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:08 pm

^ That being the case you would not enjoy SFOT. Decent Haunted Houses and Scare zones and a nice Palace show- but it WILL be PACKED. Last year twice I had to park at the Baseball Stadium because SFOT's lot were full. if crowds are not your thing you would not feel at home.

Postby prozach626 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:11 am

The crowds don't bother me, but not being able to get the most out of a front of the line pass does. That, and the lack of a front of the line pass for the haunted houses.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!