Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby bigboy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:10 pm

That’s generally around the time they start shortening their hours before school goes back and weekend only operation resumes.

I’ve never heard of the park doing fireworks outside of the days around July 4th and that’s only something they resumed in the last few years.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:17 pm

bigboy wrote:That’s generally around the time they start shortening their hours before school goes back and weekend only operation resumes.

I’ve never heard of the park doing fireworks outside of the days around July 4th and that’s only something they resumed in the last few years.

ah, interesting.. and a bit disappointing. but oh well.

Guess I'm used to Fiesta Texas doing the nightly spectacular. . . and figured if they do it, the Main Park must also.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:40 pm

Just got back from riding Harley Quinn. There wasn't anyone there for the diamond/diamond elite ride times. The first ride had 3 people, the second had 5. We rode once going backwards and once forward. I liked going forwards better, felt faster. We spun the whole time on both rides. Nothing like the videos I've seen of Cyborg at SFGAv. It's a fun ride, not scary at all. Will make you a bit dizzy though. It's fun and worth about a 30 min wait time imo. So Gotham now has a great selection of flat rides, hope we get a new coaster next year.
(I took a 30 sec video while we were waiting but don't know how to upload it)

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TXThrillster » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Cool! Who's going today for the season pass preview? I'm going this evening, it looks pretty fun!

Postby TXThrillster » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Around it's currently down ... but they're testing it. Looks like the axis with the seats wasn't spinning.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:22 pm

I can already tell, this ride is going to be a maintenance nightmare! It broke down the day I rode it. Fortunately, I was able to ride before it went down for the rest of the day. The thing is VERY complicated with a lot of different motors and gears that all have to work together for the ride to operate.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Sportsdude360 wrote:I can already tell, this ride is going to be a maintenance nightmare! It broke down the day I rode it. Fortunately, I was able to ride before it went down for the rest of the day. The thing is VERY complicated with a lot of different motors and gears that all have to work together for the ride to operate.

I was thinking the same thing when I was riding it. Gonna be a maintenance nightmare. I'm happy I got a couple rides in and got my feel for the summer. Hot and spinning made me a little woozy.

Postby TXThrillster » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Harley Quinn ... check! We were able to ride both sides. For some reason, it seemed while riding forward it got real slow (thinking mechanical) and kind of boring. On the other side it was a much better INTENSE ride. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 5.

Postby TXThrillster » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Seems there was a bad fight over here in Gotham! HQ is up to her shenanigans she may've used that mallet on the Riddler. He's out cold! The Joker is injured, paramedics are working on him. SMH

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:08 pm

TXThrillster wrote:Seems there was a bad fight over here in Gotham! HQ is up to her shenanigans she may've used that mallet on the Riddler. He's out cold! The Joker is injured, paramedics are working on him. SMH

I wish I could understand what you were trying to say.... But I've got nothing.
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!