Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:51 pm

I'm excited to see how the area looks

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Sportsdude360 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 am

Harley Quinn Spinsanity update!!!!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:48 pm

Just saw on the newsletter you could've signed up for a shoot this Sunday and rode it. Link isn't working now so guess it's filled. Blah! That would've been nice. Multiple rides no waiting in lines.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Hey everyone, gonna be visiting SFOT next Monday the 16th. We're thinking about getting platinum flash passes. Is there any ride amount restrictions? Last time I got a flash pass was in Six Flags Chicago and you could only use it 1 time on Goliath, and that was the 2nd season of the new RMC coaster. Thanks!!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby ComeRideWithMe » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:55 pm

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:Hey everyone, gonna be visiting SFOT next Monday the 16th. We're thinking about getting platinum flash passes. Is there any ride amount restrictions? Last time I got a flash pass was in Six Flags Chicago and you could only use it 1 time on Goliath, and that was the 2nd season of the new RMC coaster. Thanks!!

Sorry I don't know the answer to that question. I just wanted to advice you to wait and see how the crowds are before investing in a flash pass. I was out there Monday July 2nd and there was a 1 to 2 train wait on all major rides. And they were having the Fourth of July celebration extras and fireworks and it just wasn't busy. In 3 hours I rode all the major rides and had time to sit down and take a break and eat.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:14 am

HARLEYGUYJB wrote:Hey everyone, gonna be visiting SFOT next Monday the 16th. We're thinking about getting platinum flash passes. Is there any ride amount restrictions? Last time I got a flash pass was in Six Flags Chicago and you could only use it 1 time on Goliath, and that was the 2nd season of the new RMC coaster. Thanks!!

I definitely recommend waiting until the day of. Last year I went on a Sunday in the middle of the summer and the longest wait was 15-20 minutes. They won't run out.

La Vibora will have one of the worst queues, but it also has a single rider line. Their Platinum Pass is the only level that gets you on New Texas Giant (unless that changed) and there's no restrictions on the number of rides.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:44 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:...Their Platinum Pass is the only level that gets you on New Texas Giant (unless that changed)...

I think they might have changed that...

Then again, I've never gotten anything other than Platinum... So I'm not 100% positive as to how accurate that list is.
Bigger is not always better.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:36 pm

^ Glad I stand corrected in this case.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lake Winnepesaukah

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby HARLEYGUYJB » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Thanks, guys! Much appreciated!

Postby bert425 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 pm

we're gonna be making a trip up to SFoT (my first in many years) on Aug 5/6.

looking forwards to it, as we'll check into hotel and arrive to the park in the afternoon on that Sunday, and the park appears to be open until 10pm. . so assuming we'll see really light crowds as it gets later in the evening on that Sunday.

(intention is to stay till close Sunday, then get up, check out of hotel, and stop by park for a few hours before heading back to Austin by ~3pm).

so question. . . do they do fireworks on Sunday night? Looking at the SFoT calendar, this looks like the last Sunday they are open until 10pm . . not sure why.

regardless, I'm excited to see the Gotham area at night, as well as Texas Giant, since haven't been since they converted it.
but wondering if anyone knows if there will be fireworks?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!