TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Thinking of doing a relatively last minute trip possibly to SFOT this week. Any idea what it's normally like? Should I expect the park to be jammed with last thrill of the summer park goers before schools start back or is it very light?

Does anybody know the reason why the park doesn't allow a single rider by themselves in the back car of any of the major roller coaster?

That's odd! I visited a couple of years ago solo and I swear I must have ridden several of the rides in the back by myself. The only denial I recall from the park was not being able to ride solo on the log ride.

Not sure how long its been in effect but could this be fallout from the NTAG incident? I was last there in early 2013 before it happened and I don't remember that being an issue.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slides

Open air shoes similar to flip-flops; slides, however, have one "hoop" that the foot is slid under to keep the shoes in place.

I couldn't find my flip-flops to wear to the pool; instead I grabbed a pair of slides. They were looser, anyway.

This may be a bit of a stupid question but can you wear slides on NTAG?

Yes. The lap bars + shin bars make it pretty hard to get your feet off the ground. The only rides you might be worried about for wearing slides are Batman and the open-air flat rides. Coasters with trains that have floors (basically anything not made by B&M) are usually fine, though walking around a park in slides probably hurts like hell after a few hours.

Was at the park yesterday. More people than I expected on a Tuesday with school starting, although it is BAFF going on.

I was walking up to ride the new HQ and I noticed they were playing the Wonder Woman old school theme song in the sitting area in front of the ride. The only reason I noticed is because I started singing it, catchy tune. Do SF parks give little clues like that? I'd love a Golden Lasso coaster like SFFT got.

Was at the park yesterday. More people than I expected on a Tuesday with school starting, although it is BAFF going on.

I was walking up to ride the new HQ and I noticed they were playing the Wonder Woman old school theme song in the sitting area in front of the ride. The only reason I noticed is because I started singing it, catchy tune. Do SF parks give little clues like that? I'd love a Golden Lasso coaster like SFFT got.

A couple of years ago, SFOT played a sound bite about coming back with your season pass to help the justice league defeat enemies. It was before they announced the dark ride so you never know.

I was just out there Sunday. The way they placed Harley on that lot and left so much open room makes me think we could be inline for WW. The asphalted area leading up to Harley is huge- very open- not very Six Flag-ish. I will say- for whatever reason- construction this year at SFOT has been horrible. 3 things added and only 1 open so far.

ok, so due to quad injury, our planned visit to SFoT on 8/4 got postponed.

based on my rate of healing, we're thinking of trying on Labor Day weekend, driving up Sat 9/1, spending evening in park, then morning on Sun 9/2, headed back in early afternoon.

do y'all think I'm gonna be looking at insane crowds?

I was thinking might be worth it to just do FastPass for me, since Nick won't ride most of what's on the offerings. . but since we're doing evening, and then next morning, not sure it even makes sense to do that. after all, he'll wait in line with me for stuff, just won't ride it.

opinion?

I would guess it would be busy, but not necessarily insane. The park is open until 10:00 on Saturday so you have that advantage. I don't know that Fast Pass (or whatever it's called) is absolutely necessary unless there's something you can't live without riding.

Eeeek Bert, Sept 1st is BAFF. It'll probably be extremely crazy that day. Just eyeball it and see I guess. You should be OK Sunday morning though. On semi busy days I can ride all major rides in a matter of 5 hours. Slow days can knock it out in 3. So with the 2 days combined you could probably get by without a flash pass.

Your longest line will be the Riddler pendulum. Even on slow days there's always a wait. Try to hit that one first early Sunday.

Take advantage of single rider. I know Joker, Harley, Pandemonium, Superman and La Vibora has them.

^ cool

haven't been to SFoT in at least 6 years, so a lot will be new for me. . and driving up form Austin, we won't be getting to park on 9/1 until at least 4pm. so kind of hoping the crowds will start dying down shortly after we arrive.

we shall see.

still not locked in yet, if not fully healed, then will bump visit to later weekend in Sept. but appreciate the heads up on BaFF.

Have a question hopefully one of y'all can answer. I know at least Sportsdude360 has a Diamond Elite membership. I can't find online where Diamond Elite members have to park on days they don't make a super fancy parking reservation. Can you park in the less fancy preferred lot, or is general the only option if it isn't a planned-by-midnight-the-night-before visit?

^ General parking, unless you want to pay for prefered. I always reserve my parking, not hard to do at all.

I've always reserved as well, but I thought if for some reason you didn't you still get to park in the lot to the left as you drive in. (Not sure what lot it is, but its still really close) They directed me over there once when they saw my Diamond pass before I showed them my reservation.

ok, hotel booked (prices SHOT up because Labor Day weekend, but found a still close but much cheaper place).

so will be in park late afternoon/evening of Sat. 9/1, if anyone wants to meet up and ride coasters with me.

would be great to have someone to ride with, since Nick won't get on many things

^ General parking, unless you want to pay for prefered. I always reserve my parking, not hard to do at all.

I've always reserved as well, but I thought if for some reason you didn't you still get to park in the lot to the left as you drive in. (Not sure what lot it is, but its still really close) They directed me over there once when they saw my Diamond pass before I showed them my reservation.

To be fair, since becoming a Diamond Elite member, I have always reserved my parking. So, I could be wrong about what parking privileges you get with DE membership.