TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

La Vibrator is such a classic and such a great family attraction

That doesn't sound very family-friendly...

OMG!! LMFAO!!!

I'm crying over here.

Ya'll this is a family friendly website and the use of certain words offends me.

Lets' talk about the announcement being made in a couple of weeks. Do think after Cedar Fair has shown their cards that Six Flags will step up their coaster game? The only coaster the chain got last year were the three S&S Free Spins. Could Texas be getting two coasters in one year?

...Could it be that SF plans to build more than one RMC Raptor next year?

It's possible. There is still one more RMC project going in some where in the world that we don't know about yet! Could be SFOT.

As awesome it would be, I don't know how likely that is. This is Six Flags here. SFOT just got a coaster last year. If it does happen that would be awesome though.

^ I been looking at that fenced off area next to Joker. They seem to be getting it ready for something. Could it be that SF plans to build more than one RMC Raptor next year?

This is Six Flags not Wal-Mart or Starbucks. Putting the same coaster twice in one year in the same state is ridiculous. There's a bigger possibility of the park installing a SkyWarp next year. I don't believe that another park will be getting a Raptor this year.

^The SFGADV folk seem to think they're getting the Skywarp. Either that or a Mack spinner. Two RMC Raptors in Texas is no more ridiculous than two S&S 4D spinners. If we do get an RMC Raptor it won't be called Wonder Woman. The themeing would be entirely different, IDK, maybe Two Face or something. SFFT's S&S 4D is Batman while ours is Joker.

OTOH, I wouldn't mind a bit if we got one of those new cookie cutter Mack designs either.

Edited by Sportsdude360

^The SFADV folk seem to think they're getting the Skywarp. Either that or a Mack spinner. Two RMC Raptors in Texas is no more ridiculous than two S&S 4D spinners. If we do get an RMC Raptor it won't be called Wonder Woman. The themeing would be entirely different, IDK, maybe Two Face or something. SFFT's S&S 4D is Batman while ours is Joker. Get it?

OTOH, I wouldn't mind a bit if we got one of those new cookie cutter Mack designs either.

Before this gets out of hand, let me clarify, this is SIX FLAGS we are talking about. It is highly unlikely SFOT or any SF park will get a coaster in 2018 if they got one this year. I think it will either be new family/kid rides or a HH expansion. Sorry if I was too harsh. /end rant

I just removed some more "political" posts about the park's decision to stop flying the Confederate flag. If you want to have a great debate, do it politely over private messages or rent a convention hall.

Thank you.

I'm sticking to my original guess even with the new teaser just released.

We're getting a new park bench!

I'd rather have a new trash can. This is the worst thing Six Flags has ever done. Why couldn't it be a trash can instead!

I'd rather have a new trash can. This is the worst thing Six Flags has ever done. Why couldn't it be a trash can instead!

I'm gonna go big and say a new lamp post. It's a very outlandish, but somewhat true guess based off my "sources"

In all seriousness, since they showed the park entrance quite a few times in the new teaser, I think they could be getting a new entrance or at least a new ride in the area to revitalize it. Possibly a skywarp?

the new trash can they are getting at Knott's will be SO much better.

Knott's just knows how to do trash in a way that Six Flags Management will NEVER understand!

Here's the teaser from Facebook:

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Ummmm...???

I looked up the company that makes that light and from what little bit I came up with they specialize in "intruder detection."

Yeah. I've got nothing.

Maybe it's suppose to be an airplane beacon? Maybe a new "Tallest" in the park??? (Doubtful.)

Yep, nothing. . . Moving on.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

The flashing red light could be a height beacon. This could mean a ride of record breaking height, I suppose. But what? I have a feeling that whatever it turns out to be, it will be themed for the Flash.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

The flashing red light could be a height beacon. This could mean a ride of record breaking height, I suppose. But what? I have a feeling that whatever it turns out to be, it will be themed for the Flash.

Or could mean that the new ride has a really cool light package.