TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

How did they end up getting the train over the Raven drop, since the crane didn't work?

Pretty sure the crane worked just fine... That's why the train isn't still up there.

Or... another strong wind came and just pushed it right on up and over.

At the park now. Joker closed due to high winds.

So they're not taking any chances with these 4Ds now Wasn't the one at Great America also closed a few days ago for wind? I wonder if they'll re-consider purchasing more of these...

I was at the park for the first time yesterday and got to ride joker. It was unique and fun, but not worth a line any longer than 15 minutes. It is just completely outshined by some of the park's other coasters. (NTG, Titan, Shockwave). Speaking of which, there was a power outage yesterday morning that had all the rides closed until around noon. Is that frequent or normal?

^That is most definitely not normal! In,fact, I can't even remember the last time an outage like that happened. As far as Joker, you didn't specify as to which side you rode- green/purple. The green side is much more intense than the purple. Also, each ride on Joker is different than the last due to weight distribution having a profound effect on the car's spinning and rocking! I rode Joker 11 times on VIP Day and let me tell you that no two rides were alike!

A friend of mine and I are planning a visit on Friday, June 23. Could anyone make a guess about how crowded the park will be that day?

How about the order in which to ride things? I was thinking possibly Shock Wave first since VR makes that line move slowly. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

A friend of mine and I are planning a visit on Friday, June 23. Could anyone make a guess about how crowded the park will be that day?

How about the order in which to ride things? I was thinking possibly Shock Wave first since VR makes that line move slowly. Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know much about the crowds, but I recommend doing Titan later in the day because it doesn't get that long of a line. Also, I don't think they are running VR on Shockwave. If you want to do La Vibora I would probably do that first. When I went I ate at JB's BBQ for lunch and it was pretty good for amusement park food.

In case anyone is interested:

Would you please let me know whether Shock Wave has virtual reality this season? Thanks.

Thank you for contacting Six Flags regarding your concern. They do have virtual reality on Shockwave this season

Charmagne Jackson | Guest Recovery Supervisor

Six Flags Over Texas| 2201 Road to Six Flags Drive | Arlington, TX 76011

O: (817) 640-8900 | | charTaylor@sftp.com