TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

What have you all heard about Joker's cue? I could've sworn a Six Flags Rep on FB mention that it was going to be high tech, screens everywhere, interactive, indoors hopefully. Texas heat is not our friend!

Instead of screams you put screens. Use spell check! Also the handrails will be VERY interactive with your hands as you hold on to them.

What have you all heard about Joker's cue? I could've sworn a Six Flags Rep on FB mention that it was going to be high tech, screens everywhere, interactive, indoors hopefully. Texas heat is not our friend!

Instead of screams you put screens. Use spell check! Also the handrails will be VERY interactive with your hands as you hold on to them.

...ever have trouble figuring out if somethig is sarcasm or not?

...ever have trouble figuring out if somethig is sarcasm or not?

I'm not stupid. I was being sarcastic.

Sorry for the double post!!

For any SFOT pass holders are there any bring a friend tickets this weekend?? Just wondering since I will be there.

Just a heads up, in the app it says Saturday is hosting an event for "Americal Cheer Power Championship" so if youre going on Saturday expect it to be busy. From what Ive been hearing the normal saturdays this year have already been crowded, with front gate entrance times from 30min to an hour. Probably wont be as bad as bring a friend tho.

Depending on the flexibility of your schedule, you might want to wait for a few weeks, the park will be open on fridays starting next week, and then during the week starting may 14 when it will probably be dead. If you can only go this weekend/only a weekend then you might get stuck in the crowds. Get there at least 45 min before opening if possible.

Well, only three weeks to go!!! Who plans to be there on Joker's opening day?!!

I'm gonna wait for the lines to die down before I get on this one. I wasn't impressed with Batman at SFFT. I'll give this one a fair shake, but I don't want to battle crowds for it.

Is anyone else going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, only three weeks to go!!! Who plans to be there on Joker's opening day?!!

Having just ridden Joker at Great Adventure this weekend, and being highly disappointed, I'm definitely not making a special trip to SFOT for this ride.

I've heard the Great Adventure one only had 2 or so flips, which could be disappointing. The SFNE testing video I've seen has been flipping non stop which is exciting. Hopefully it's the same down in Texas.

I've heard the Great Adventure one only had 2 or so flips, which could be disappointing. The SFNE testing video I've seen has been flipping non stop which is exciting. Hopefully it's the same down in Texas.

The one at Fiesta Texas flips you like crazy. I sure do enjoy it too.

^Are you saying the ride isn't any good? What about the ride disapointed you?

I'm not saying the ride isn't any good... I just personally didn't enjoy it. It was much more ... "jaring" than I was expecting.

Personally I find the ride at Great Adventure to be completely insane and generally awesome every time I ride it, so to each his own. I think these things are a great addition to any park.

I like this guy. He has great taste in coasters.

I went to the park on Saturday (April 29) (stayed in Hilton Arlington) and went to Ripley's Believe It or Not on Sunday. The park was not very crowded (probably because there was a 95% chance of rain). It took about 5 mins. to go through security and the turnstiles. Most we waited for a ride was probably 15 mins. We went from sweating from shivering because of a cold front.

Here's what I thought:

New Texas Giant

I had very high expectations, but this ride exceeded them. I only had time for one ride (Back Row ) and it was amazing. I don't know if I like NTAG or IRAT better. The airtime was awesome and I loved the length of the ride.

Titan

I had low expectations from reading about it, and my expectations were met if not below met. It wasn't bad, but it just really isn't fun. NO AIRTIME.

Runaway Mountain

I didn't know what to expect because I really didn't look at it ahead of time, but it was a nice, fun ride! It was a nice ride to escape the heat and to relax.

Justice League

Wow! The only dark rides I have ridden are Scooby-Doo at Fiesta Texas and Toy Story at Disney World, so I didn't know what JL would be like. It felt so real. It impressed me alot. I liked it better than Toy Story at Disney World, and that's saying something. All I can say is wow. I may seem a little crazy, but I love dark rides!

Shockwave

I love classic Schwarzkopfs, so I enjoyed it. The only bad thing I have to say about it is the dispatch times. It took 8-10 minutes because of the VR. (there were TEN ops running it also) We sat on the brakes forever. Overall it was fun and I enjoyed it.

Judge Roy Scream

I absolutely loved it. I may sound crazy, but I liked it better than Titan. I sat in row 2 and rode it once. It has some good airtime and I overall enjoy it.

La Vibora

Ouch! Very uncomfortable, I did not like it at all. When you hit the block brakes, it hurts bad. Don't recommend it.

Batman

I've ridden 3 other clones, so nothing new to me.

Overall, the park was very nice. It wasn't too crowded either. We ate at JB's and Totally Kickin Chicken. Next time I come I am going to ride Mr.Freeze. Joker is coming along nicely, There is framing up on the back side of the strip. Also, the operators both is finished and the queue is coming along.