TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

I agree that Titan will likely stay put for the foreseeable future. However, that being said, SF could always relocate Titan to SFSTL, which is in desperate need of a Hyper. Then they could use the land to build a T-Rex Giga! I know I'm dreaming, but it sure is a nice dream!

They would probably put in a Superloop instead of a T-Rex.

Nope. No Super Loop Going to SFOT. There's one too close to the park at the local flea market. Although there are plenty of similar attractions that could be built in 2018.

Remember when people used to say that SFFT would never get a B&M inverted or a B:TR clone because there was one up the road at Sea World? Sure, Trader's Village is slightly closer, but I don't necessarily think that the average park goer thinks about that.

I agree that Titan will likely stay put for the foreseeable future. However, that being said, SF could always relocate Titan to SFSTL, which is in desperate need of a Hyper. Then they could use the land to build a T-Rex Giga! I know I'm dreaming, but it sure is a nice dream!

They would probably put in a Superloop instead of a T-Rex.

Nope. No Super Loop Going to SFOT. There's one too close to the park at the local flea market. Although there are plenty of similar attractions that could be built in 2018.

Remember when people used to say that SFFT would never get a B&M inverted or a B:TR clone because there was one up the road at Sea World? Sure, Trader's Village is slightly closer, but I don't necessarily think that the average park goer thinks about that.

Whether an average park goer thinks about it or not, that's coming from park management, not GP.

I will be going to SFOT for the first time on April 29th. What are the best rides to ride first/what rides get the longest? (I will NOT have a flash pass.) I have a premium dining plan so where are the best places to eat where I can use that? Any other suggestions?

Hey, I went on 3/9 (a friday) but also have been reading about some peoples experience about Saturdays this season.

Texas giant usually gets the longest and stays long, mostly due to a small station and them holding people so the station gets cramped. Works against single riders. From what I've heard so far, the park been crazy busy on Saturdays. It says in the app that theres some event for Cheerleaders on the 29th so its probably going to be more busy than a normal Saturday. I usually dont hit it every visit but runaway mountain is popular and gets backed up from time to time. Titan, Mr. Freeze,and Batman usually aren't too bad on a normal day, but on a Saturday they might get around an hour wait but probably not much longer than that. Shockwave will be slow if vr is running. They only had every other train doing vr when I went, but was still slow.

You might be able to get most or all of the rides in if you stay all day, but prepare to not get it all in without a flash pass. If possible arrive at least an hour before the park opens. Im not exactly sure what time they open the parking lot gates but i think its about ~45 min before the park opens. The only time I went on a Saturday was in 2010, from what I remember we got about 5-10 min waits on titan before the crowds got there. After an hour or 2 everything had a hour or more wait.

The food lines are dreadful. They are usually 15-20 minutes+ on slow days, so you could be waiting 30min to an hour to get food. I usually just go out to the subway by the entrance but thats up to you.

I usually do titan, texas giant, superman power tower, riddler, mr freeze, batman in that order on a day thats not busy, but if you want to get most/everything done I would try texas giant, runaway mountain, then head to gotham. The riddler revenge has also been popular so far, so you could hit that if you want then mr freeze, batman, then judge roy scream and skyscreamer. Then you could do the mine train on the way to shockwave, hit superman if you want, then come back to titan and la vibora (only if you are a single rider for la vibora). La vibora, superman, and pandemonium have singler rider lines, if you are not a single rider I would suggest doing la vibora second before runaway mountain. You can do titan after texas giant if you want to skip some of the smaller rides, but I would suggest doing the smaller more family friendly ones because they get busy and dont have that good of capacity as titan. Titan's line always seems to move pretty fast. Im not really a fan of water rides, I dont like getting wet on aquaman or the roaring rapids but the indoor yosemite sam dark/water ride is kind of charming.

I will be going to SFOT for the first time on April 29th. What are the best rides to ride first/what rides get the longest? (I will NOT have a flash pass.) I have a premium dining plan so where are the best places to eat where I can use that? Any other suggestions?

Start with New Texas Giant. It's my favorite ride in the park and usually has the longest line aside from VR Shockwave. Then ride Titan because it's right next door. Usually, from there, I make my way across the park to Gotham City to hit Mr. Freeze and (usually against my will) Batman, sometimes stopping along the way for Shockwave. Once you've hit the bigger rides, you can go to smaller ones like Judge Roy Scream, Runaway Mountain, Runaway Mine Train, etc.

Riddler's Revenge (flat ride) is fun, too, as is Skyscreamer and Superman Tower of Power. Those lines can get a little long so I usually don't wait...those rides are all duplicates.

About the meals, not sure since I don't eat there (I'm a local with a season pass).

Hope this helps! Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four places we like to eat while there are Johnny Rockets, JB's Smokehouse, Macho Nacho and Go Fresh Café. All decent food. We love Panda Express but we have the dining plan and its not included.

We were there Saturday and it was crazy busy with band kids. I have to give super props to the NTAG Team. They had the trains in and out quickly. The line was moving consistently. Titan was back up and running and they also had a great team getting those trains in and out. Riddlers Revenge was horrid. The wait time was about and hour and a half. I took one look at the line and said....nope. If you are there on a busy day I would make that a early day priority, along with Sky Screamer. They just load so slow.

Four places we like to eat while there are Johnny Rockets, JB's Smokehouse, Macho Nacho and Go Fresh Café. All decent food. We love Panda Express but we have the dining plan and its not included.

We were there Saturday and it was crazy busy with band kids. I have to give super props to the NTAG Team. They had the trains in and out quickly. The line was moving consistently. Titan was back up and running and they also had a great team getting those trains in and out. Riddlers Revenge was horrid. The wait time was about and hour and a half. I took one look at the line and said....nope. If you are there on a busy day I would make that a early day priority, along with Sky Screamer. They just load so slow.

Yeah Riddler's usually has a long line along with catwoman whip when i go cause everyone likes the rides and since it is there first year and more. Like those rides are popular, but I'm surprised that skyscreamer was long too cause when I go it's not that long of a line.

I'm hoping to get most of the credits. I may be there Sunday morning also. I will be back again this season so I will probably ride the flat rides this summer.

When I go on Saturday, I usually hit Casa de Los Banderas(sports bar), for lunch. Johnny Rockets for supper and milkshake for snack. In morning, hit the big coasters first then minor rides later. If you have The SFOT app and season pass, you get access to wait times, it comes in handy when planning your visit. If you have small children, Bugs Bunny Boomtown is a great place to rest while the kids play. Keep watching for the bring a friend free or for cheaper admission, that is when the park is at it's busiest. Also of note: Hurricane Harbor is having their sneak preview, Sunday, April 30. The event is only open to pass holders, though. Weather wise, it's supposed to be chilly that day. I see more people going to SFOT on Sunday.

What have you all heard about Joker's cue? I could've sworn a Six Flags Rep on FB mention that it was going to be high tech, screens everywhere, interactive, indoors hopefully. Texas heat is not our friend!

It'll be everything you dreamed and more. Totally indoors and unbelievably interactive. Disney level sh*t here, folks.

IMG_3789.JPG.7f924e6b1ccdb8d988d9cf4476918d4b.JPG

What have you all heard about Joker's cue? I could've sworn a Six Flags Rep on FB mention that it was going to be high tech, screens everywhere, interactive, indoors hopefully. Texas heat is not our friend!

Look at the queues at the other parks. Its going to be on the same level. Multiply TVs, Circus Tent, and Joker Signage.

Absolutely!! In fact, the new chain link fences will be made from the latest high tech metals. And, in use for the first time at any theme park, will be a new innovation, poles! That's right! Poles!!! These new poles will allow for the attachment of the chain link fences to create walkways leading to yet another innovation, switchbacks. Cutting edge technology will greet guests in the form of handrails which come together to form an alternating path leading up to the loading station!

Sure sounds exciting! I can hardly wait to try out those new handrails!