TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Michigan's Adventure (MiA) Discussion Thread

2018 Deja Blue (Boomerang?)?

Worst part of your "joke" is, you're probably right

If MiA gets the Boomerang, I hope it comes with the new Vekoma trains and a repaint. I would also love for Richard Michael Crosby to pay a visit to do his magic on Wolverine Wildcat, but that will never happen.

If MiA gets the Boomerang, I hope it comes with the new Vekoma trains and a repaint. I would also love for Richard Michael Crosby to pay a visit to do his magic on Wolverine Wildcat, but that will never happen.

I would expect a repaint, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for new trains.

I'm not even going to get my hopes up for them to get it in the first place.

I'm not even going to get my hopes up for them to get it in the first place.

We can only hope they get something . This is my home park so we can just wait and see.

Went to the park twice this week, once on Tuesday I believe and rode everything and then once again earlier today (Saturday) to get a few rides in. Didn't realize how busy the park would be today but none the less even with a half full over flow lot it still was enjoyable. We got there late, around 6, because we spent the day touring around Muskegon, and we basically only did three things at the park, ride the train a lot, ride Thunderhawk front seat (Full queue), and ride the best night experience I can think of Shivering Timbers front seat in the dark (Hour wait with only half the switchbacks). Totally worth it though. If you ever have some time to kill and don't mind skipping around the crowds, go to MiA on a Saturday just for a night ride on timbers. It's so amazing, especially front seat.

IMG_8636.thumb.JPG.7e0ad7336f7dac7049d042a08dcb0951.JPG

Neonnn

Nothing interesting happened on the trip earlier in the week just a normal time at the park for me. I mean re-rides and finding friends that work there is fun, but not as interesting as the night ride.

Shivering Timbers did seem like it'd give an awesome night ride but the park closed at 7 when I visited.

Wow an hour wait is something I haven't heard about from this park. I always hear how consistently empty it is on the ride side.

Shivering Timbers did seem like it'd give an awesome night ride but the park closed at 7 when I visited.

Wow an hour wait is something I haven't heard about from this park. I always hear how consistently empty it is on the ride side.

Weekends are usually pretty busy. I've waited over 90 minutes for Timbers in past years. But I don't typically visit on weekends anymore.

Saturdays in July and August get crazy busy. Hour waits for Zach's Zoomer, Corkscrew, Mad Mouse, Wolverine Wildcat, Thunderhawk and Shivering Timbers. Even and Sundays Funnel of Fear can be 2+ hours. Any other day then Saturdays and you could be looking at tiny lines for the major rides.

Yeah, a lot of those people saying that haven't been in a decade. I haven't gone to the place when it wasn't a zoo in about 6-7 years. Even on a Tuesday in August it was packed.

I guess I really lucked out then. I was there Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and my longest wait was 20 or so minutes for Wolverine Wildcat. Everything else was a pretty much a walk-on except the flume.

Yeah we avoid the park on the weekend because of is busyness but the park is only open until 10 on saturdays and at this point of the summer it's just getting dark out at 10. On weekdays though we've almost always been able to get away with walk-ons or everything. The key is to go the water park right when it opens and leave once the water park gets busy and boom the dry side is dead.

With the Boomerang rumor being just that, can we expect a small waterslide, flat ride, or nothing for next year? With the internal stuff being all figured out (water and training center), I can see ride investments happening.

My gut tells me a small kid ride. I wonder if the kid section will every be Snoopified. Whenever it happens, I wouldn't be surprised if they expand into the parking lot. It would be a huge investment. Honestly, I wouldn't mind that at all.

The good is news is Michigan is adding a new coaster.

The bad news is, well there is no bad news, Michigan is getting a coaster. The Craig's Cruisers location in Grand Rapids is adding an SBF Vista Spinning Coaster for next year. Those local to the area know that Craig's Cruisers has go-karts, mini golf and a huge arcade.

woodtv.com/2017/07/10/craigs-cruisers-to-add-roller-coaster-trampoline-park/

I've been to Craig's Cruisers more often than Michigan's Adventure in the last few years.

The bad news is, well there is no bad news, Michigan is getting a coaster. The Craig's Cruisers location in Grand Rapids is adding an SBF Vista Spinning Coaster for next year. Those local to the area know that Craig's Cruisers has go-karts, mini golf and a huge arcade.

I've been to Craig's Cruisers more often than Michigan's Adventure in the last few years.

Well, at least its SOMETHING.

I believe it's going to be one of these.

KBF's Boomerang has been spotted in the Netherlands for refurbishment. Seems like it would be an unnecessary expense to have it refurbished overseas if it's actually coming to MiA. But maybe it's just because that's where Vekoma is based out of. Do relocated Vekoma rides typically get refurbished over there?

KBF's Boomerang has been spotted in the Netherlands for refurbishment. Seems like it would be an unnecessary expense to have it refurbished overseas if it's actually coming to MiA. But maybe it's just because that's where Vekoma is based out of. Do relocated Vekoma rides typically get refurbished over there?

I've been looking to see if ThunderHawk was and I can't find anything on it. It does seem strange and not a good sign for MiA.

And on the Craig's cruisers things it's nice to see them expanding. Their carts are fun and I've gone a few times on wristband Wednesday.

I go to Crags Cruisers more then MIA. So a new spinning coaster is good news. As for MIA its boomerang or bust lol. Since there are no permits for Boomerang I am going to say bust. But least im going to Dolly wood nest week. My wife will be 33 weeks pregnant so we will see who I can convince to go with.. Both our families are meeting up for a Gatlinburg vacation.